Chapter 6: Spirit guardian
300 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A note about the empty spirit world

The spirit world is a very mysterious place and no one knows why there are almost no living creatures there. But there are many theories on why it could be like that, among those many theories there is one which is the most prevalent and that's the theory that the spirit world was once a dimension filled with countless powerful spirits but due to the war of the Worlds. Most of the spirits were forced to abandon their Homeworld and flee to the other realms to survive which also explains why there are many spiritual creatures present in the myriad worlds as they could be the descendants of the first spirits who fled to these realms.

 

Chapter 6: Spirit guardian

 

NOTICE

It has been detected that the skill user has the progenitor title, so due to the effects of the second benefit which gives the title holder access to unique progenitor skills from the title.

The hidden progenitor only function has been unlocked.

The skill description has been updated.

 

Soul fragment absorption (D) lvl.1

This skill allows the user to absorb soul fragments of dead creatures and increase the user's power. 

Hidden effect: the user can also use the collected soul fragments to summon spirit guardians who will follow every order of the user and they can also be respawned if killed. Current spirit guardian number limit: 5

 

Oh hell yeah, now we are talking. I thought while feeling extreme delight at the fact that I could now not only use the soul fragments to strengthen myself but also use it to summon spirit guardians.

Hey system can you show me what type of spirit guardians I can create right now. Then as I asked the system, a new system tab opened.

 

SPIRIT GUARDIAN TAB

Collected soul fragments: 1

Soul fragments required for a new spirit guardian: 1

Available spirit guardian choices: 3

 

Hmm looks like I have enough to summon one spirit guardian though I should first get the hell out of here and return to the hiding spot. After all, I wouldn't want to be spotted by another predator while I am summoning the spirit guardian.

Then after deciding my course of action, I immediately started to float towards my hiding spot while keeping the spirit sense skill active to avoid any dangerous creatures in the way to the hiding spot.

Later after a while of travelling I finally reached my hiding spot where I took shelter and once again opened the Spirit guardian tab to summon a spirit guardian using my collected soul fragment.

Then after opening the spirit guardian tab, I opened the available spirit guardian choices option to see what choices I have for my first spirit guardian.

 

Available spirit guardian choices

The spirit guardian ranks from highest to lowest: Ex>S>A>B>C>D>E>F

Spirit snake(F):

A small snake which has stone hard scales and mild weakening poison.

Spirit lizard(F):

A small lizard which has great agility and mild paralysis poison

Spirit sparrow(F):

A small sparrow which can fly very quickly and share its sight with the user.

 

Hmm they are all really weak but they can help a little I guess. Let's see the snake will be good as it can poison my enemies but the description does say it's a mild poison so I don't think it will be that useful so that's a no go I guess. Next the lizard could be useful but like the snake it's poison is also mild so no idea how useful that could be.

So I think the sparrow would be the best as it can share its sense of sight with me so it will be a very good scout. Which will certainly be useful to me as even though I can float, the speed of my float is most probably slower than a lizard running at full speed.

“Alright system I choose the spirit sparrow as my new spirit guardian”. I mentally say to the system, which makes a new system message pop up.

 

The spirit sparrow has now been selected as the host's new spirit guardian.

You can call upon the spirit sparrow by mentally saying summon spirit guardian while thinking of which spirit guardian you wish to summon.

 

Alright now let's see how my new spirit guardian looks like. Then I mentally say ‘Summon spirit guardian’ while thinking of the spirit sparrow after which a small one way hole to the spirit world opens up from which a small and cute blue sparrow flies out of and then perches down on one of the branches of the tree.

Wow I must say this sparrow is really pretty and cute looking. Also it looks like I am mentally connected to the spirit sparrow through which I can communicate with it.

Alright then shall we see what this forest is like from the sky, I thought. Then I mentally commanded the spirit sparrow to fly and look at the forest from the sky while sharing its sight with me.

Then as the spirit sparrow heard my command it immediately started to fly and it also started to share its sight which was a pretty weird experience because it felt like I suddenly had a third eye out of nowhere which was disorienting so I decided to close whatever part of my cloud-like body which I used to see through and only focused on seeing through the eyes of the sparrow.

The view of the forest through the eyes of the spirit sparrow from the sky was truly beautiful and mystical as the forest was filled with countless magical plants and weird magical creatures and the forest was also so huge that the sparrow couldn't see the end of the forest even from the sky.

Then after a few more minutes of silently marvelling at this beautiful view, I commanded the spirit sparrow to return and to stop sharing its sight with me after which the third eye which I was looking through closed and disappeared.

So I once again opened whatever part of my cloud-like body which I used to see and decided to open the status and tutorial quest tabs.

 

Congratulations to the host for levelling up to level 3 and the host has obtained 5 skill points.

 

STATUS

NAME: N/A (WILL)

RACE: SPIRIT WISP

LEVEL: 3 (0/20)

GENDER: N/A

MANA: 40/40

SPIRIT ENERGY: 60/60

RACIAL SKILLS

SKILLS

TITLES

INVENTORY

QUESTS

SYSTEM SHOP

 

TUTORIAL QUEST

  • Open the status tab.
  • Use any one of your skills.
  • Purchase a new skill from the system shop.
  • Kill any five creatures (5/5).
  • Reach level 5.

 

It looks like I have levelled up and have also progressed the tutorial quest. Also it looks like the experience required for the next level is doubled each time I level up which isn't very pleasant as it will make it super annoying at higher levels.

Oh well let's browse through the system shop to see if there's any skill I can use right now after all I did get new skill points to use and then I will once again go out hunting.

12