Chapter 7: The end of the tutorial (Happy Christmas!)
306 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Happy Christmas 🎄 🎁 Everyone! I hope all of you have a very merry Christmas this year and enjoy it to the fullest also have a extra chapter as my Christmas gift 🎁 😄.

Chapter 7: The end of the tutorial

Hmm well, I have already spent almost an hour going through the available skills but still have not found any skill which could be useful to me at the moment so I think I will just keep the 5 skill points as reserved skill points that I can use in emergencies.

Alright since that's decided let's go and raise some levels to satisfy the tutorial quest by reaching level 5. Then I activated my spirit sense skill to avoid the more dangerous predators but this time I will also be hunting weak predators like the snake which I had defeated before as I can gain soul fragments from them after killing them.

After going out of my hiding spot I first found and killed 5 lizards together with another snake that had stone scales that launched at me to attack. Thinking about it now I could use an examination or analysis skill to learn more about my enemies.

So following my idea I searched for any examination or analysis skill that I could buy but it appeared that these types of skills were way more expensive as the cheapest skill required at least 7 skill points. Due to the expensive cost of the skill I decided to postpone buying the skill and instead focus on leveling up as I gain more skill points each time I level up.

Then after this small pause, I once again started to hunt for the experience to level up. After a while, I had finally finished killing enough to level up again for which I got a new system message.

 

Congratulations to the host for leveling up to level 4 and the host has obtained 5 skill points.

Alright now that I have reached level 4 let's go back to the hollow tree to buy the new identification skill. Then I spent a couple of minutes going back to my hiding spot where I opened the system shop and searched for analysis or identification skills that I can currently buy.

 

Showing the three available identification or analysis skills that the host can currently buy.

Basic deduction(E) lvl.1

This skill allows the user to use the power of deduction to learn more about the skill users by deducing information about them by exploiting available data.

Cost: 7Sp

Lesser appraisal(E) lvl.1

This skill is a lesser version of the appraisal skill so even though the skill allows the skill user access to the appraisal data bank. The access is extremely limited though the amount of data that the skill user can access can increase as the skill's level increases and it can even evolve into the actual appraisal skill if leveled up enough.

Cost: 8Sp

Outer soul analysis(D) lvl.10

This is a skill that only spiritual creatures can learn. It allows the skill user to analyse information about the enemy by analysing the enemy's soul's outer layer though it also means that this skill cannot view the data hidden deeper inside the enemy's soul.

Cost: 10Sp

 

Hmm, these skills are all quite good though I do think I will choose the outer soul analysis as it's a skill that only spiritual creatures can learn and also because this skill can help me the most in the present moment as the skill already works properly from the beginning instead of slowly becoming useful like the lesser appraisal and basic deduction.

Haa alright, let's do it. I am ready for the pain of taking a new skill. Then after I got ready I mentally said to the system that I choose to buy the skill, outer soul analysis.

Immediately as I chose the new skill a large amount of data entered my mind which was way more than how much data I had gotten from acquiring a single skill. Instead of feeling as if I was taking the data of a single skill, it felt more like I was taking the data of two or three skills at once which I could only say must somehow be connected to the fact that this skill is an analysis type skill so maybe it has more data than other types of skills.

Then after suffering from a very bad headache for a couple of hours I noticed that the sun or whatever glowing object or star is present in this world was about to go away soon though when I think about it now it feels as if at least more than a day has passed since I came out of the glowing grass plains so it could mean that the days in this world are double the length compared to my worlds though it could also just have been me who had been unconscious from taking the three skills at that time because of which I had missed the first night.

Hmm, let's hunt as much as I can before the night falls, and then I will just hide in my hiding spot for the night as I have no idea how dangerous this place becomes at night after all in my world nights were more dangerous than days so it's better to be careful as this place will probably also become dangerous at night.

Then deciding what to do, I immediately activated my spirit sense skill and went on a hunt for the experience. After a couple of hours when the sun was almost gone, I finally returned to my hiding place. Though I noticed that almost all the monsters had become feral and also had red eyes which I had no intention of figuring out as I have a bad feeling that I will die the moment they discover me.

Though there was good news and that's the fact that I finally reached level 5 and I have also finally completed the tutorial for which a new system message had arrived.

 

NOTICE

Congratulations to the host for completing the tutorial quest.

As reward for completing the tutorial quest, the host and the host's race will receive access to the evolution tree.

 

NOTICE

Due to the host being the progenitor of a new sentient race, the host will also receive access to a unique evolution tree instead of the normal evolution tree of the spirit wisp race.

 

Now this is one amazing reward as I now have the ability to evolve and it also looks like I have a unique evolution tree which will most probably be a more powerful evolution tree than the normal one.

Also looks like I can evolve right now as the first evolution is available at level 5. Though let's rest a little and recover before evolving, after all I did just return from hunting and I have no idea what will happen to me during evolution so it's better to be in my peak condition.

13