Chapter 8: Resting place of the progenitor
283 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A note about blood-drinking demonic trees

In the vast spirit wilds there exist countless magical plant life but even among them one of the most notorious types of magical plant life is the blood-drinking trees and plants as they are so strong that they can cross ranks and kill other creatures and their ability to absorb other creatures life force also gives them the ability to rapidly grow and spread like a weed so all sentient races hate and kill these blood-sucking variants whenever they discover one.

 

Chapter 8: The resting place of the progenitor

The night has now completely covered the forest in darkness though there was still a magical and mystical atmosphere in the entire forest as many plants glowed with faint lights and many very small glowing creatures were also floating everywhere in the forest giving it a truly breathtaking beauty.

Also, all the monsters and animals in the forest had red eyes for some reason which was unknown to Will at the present.

***

Man, it's so beautiful that I am speechless though I would have felt better if I didn't have to become a spirit wisp to see this captivating scenery. Anyways this is not the time to be appreciating beauty as I still have evolution to complete.

Also while I was resting here and recovering my energy I noticed that my energy seemed to recover quicker when I was near the tree. Another thing I discovered was that for some reason the other creatures seemed to purposely avoid going too near this seemingly normal tree when compared to the many magical plants everywhere else in the forest.

Wait a sec, I immediately started to observe the surrounding forest around the tree using my spirit sense and noticed that there was no tree as normal looking as this tree which was extremely suspicious now that I think about it.

Hmm, why didn't I notice this anomaly sooner, I should have noticed something so suspicious like this easily. Then as I was contemplating this mystery I remembered that I had a new skill so I immediately gave a mental command to the skill to probe the tree. This action immediately gave me some answers in the form of a message box which was like the system message though I still instinctively knew that this message box was not one made by the system and instead created by the skill.

 

Analysis results

Species: Bloodsucking tree of spiritual recovery

Description: This is a unique hybrid tree created from the mutation of a bloodsucking demon tree that has naturally absorbed spirit energy which forcefully changed its body to produce spirit energy using the absorbed life force of creatures it killed.

(Note: It's harmless to spiritual creatures.)

Skills: Vampiric blood draining(D), Seeking killer roots(D), Life to spirit conversion(C), Insignificant(E).

Titles: blood tree of slaughter, Resting place of the progenitor.

 

Whoa man, this is one deadly tree, I am really lucky that I am a spiritual creature instead of a blood and flesh creature because if I had been a blood and flesh creature then I would have been sucked dry and digested by this tree long ago.

Hmm also looking at this analysis results the insignificant skill is what's responsible for why I didn't notice this tree's abnormalities as the skill seems to make other creatures naturally ignore this tree and make them think that it's just an insignificant ordinary tree.

Though I still don't quite get this resting place of the progenitor title. So I focused on that specific title as per the knowledge I had about using this skill which seemed to work as a new message box appeared with detailed information on the title.

 

Resting place of the progenitor:

This is a title given to the first resting place of a progenitor of a sentient race. It gives the resting place the following benefits.

Increased speed of regenerating the progenitor's energy when they are resting in the resting place.

A pocket dimension that can automatically adjust itself to give the progenitor a perfect resting place to relax at.

Increased power when the resting place is defending the resting progenitor.

The ability to increase its rank as the progenitor grows stronger.

Hidden

Hidden

Hidden

Hidden

 

Man, that's a lot of benefits though they all just seem to help make this resting place as comfortable as possible. But I like it as I must say this tree is indeed comfortable to rest at and I would also not have to worry about finding a new resting place in case I grow bigger when I evolve as this resting place can just adjust itself to accommodate me perfectly.

So now that this mystery has been resolved let's see what evolution options I have. Then as I mentally commanded the system to show me the evolution options, a new system message appeared showing me the options.

 

3 available evolution options were found.

Helper sprite(common):

Any spirit wisp can take this evolution option as it has no unlock conditions. This evolution grants a more humanoid shape to the shapeless spirit wisp and also gives them access to various buff skills to strengthen their fellow spirit wisps or themselves.

Wind fairy(uncommon):

Only spirit wisps who can use wind magic properly before evolving can choose this option. This evolution Grants the spirit wisp a small but well-defined humanoid body with a pair of butterfly wings and it also gives them access to more advanced wind magic skills.

Lesser Guardian dryad(rare)(Unique evolution tree option):

This is a unique evolution tree option that is only unlocked when the progenitor has a resting place which is a spiritual tree. This evolution grants the spirit wisp the ability to create humanoid vessels using plant materials to inhabit which will give increased protection to the spirit wisp inside of the vessel. It also gives the spirit wisp access to all basic element skills including some plant-based skills. It also grants the progenitor the ability to create new spirit wisps using the spirit energy of the tree.

 

Hmm well, the first option is kinda useless to me as I don't have any other spirit wisps with me so that's a no-go. The second option is not that bad but the third option is way better and it also finally gives me the ability to get some fellow spirit wisps as I can't stand this loneliness anymore.

“Ok system I choose the lesser guardian dryad option as my evolution”. I said to the system mentally and then I immediately started to lose consciousness. The only thing that I saw before completely losing consciousness was a message saying that evolution has now begun.

13