Chapter 9: Evolution Completed
288 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A fact about progenitors

Every sentient race always puts the safety of its progenitor before everything else as every progenitor has some kind of ability or skill to create more of its kind so that even if the entire race has been killed as long as the progenitor is still alive then the race can still get back on its feet and repopulate itself.

 

Chapter 9: Evolution completed

About four hours had now passed after Will had started his evolution and a blue cocoon made of solidified spirit energy had enveloped Will and many vines from the Bloodsucking tree of spiritual recovery had also wrapped around the spirit energy cocoon.

Also when one looked closely at the cocoon one would be able to see a vague small humanoid figure made entirely of white fog. Then a few more minutes passed and a little movement could be noticed from the vague humanoid figure made of white fog inside the cocoon as even more minutes passed the movement kept increasing and then finally when about half an hour had passed. A small and slim hand made of white fog tore through the cocoon and then after the hand had torn out of the cocoon the entire body of the white foggy humanoid figure slowly crawled out of the cocoon as well.

***

Finally, I am free!! Oh man that was suffocating being inside a cocoon is so fucking uncomfortable and I also felt so constricted inside of it. Then as I slowly scanned my new body which was like a white cloud had been sculpted into a humanoid shape.

Though I must say having a humanoid body was way more comfortable than my previous shapeless body, I could still float if I wanted to as I still retained that ability of mine. Then as I turned my head to look at the blue cocoon of spirit energy which I emerged from I suddenly felt immense hunger which was a first as I did not need to eat after I had become a spiritual creature so it caught me off guard and I ended up not being able to resist the hunger and started to eat the blue cocoon of spirit energy with voracious hunger.

Then I only came to my senses a few moments after I finished devouring the blue cocoon of spirit energy. Man that was so surprising after all I didn't feel hungry even once after I had become a spirit wisp and so I had thought that I can't even feel hungry anymore but it looks like I can still feel it and it's just that I now hunger for spirit energy instead of food or drinks.

Though I must say that it was a surprisingly delicious meal, anyway since that is done let's see what has changed in my status screen. Then as I mentally called for the status screen it appeared before my vision together with another system message congratulating me on my successful evolution and informing me that I have gained 10 skill points.

 

STATUS

NAME: N/A (WILL)

RACE: LESSER GUARDIAN DRYAD

LEVEL: 5 (0/80)

GENDER: N/A

MANA: 150/150

SPIRIT ENERGY: 200/200

RACIAL SKILLS (New)

SKILLS(New)

TITLES

INVENTORY

QUESTS(New)

SYSTEM SHOP

So many new things man this evolution is way better than I thought it would be as just the ability to create more of my fellow spirit wisps was awesome enough but it also gave me so many new skills. Ok so which should I check out first, hmm I think let's go from the racial skills to quests. Then after I decided what to do I immediately opened the racial skills tab to see what new skills have been unlocked.

 

Racial skills

Unlocked skills

Spirit body (active) lvl.2:

This skill when activated temporarily changes the user's body to a complete spirit body which makes the user immune to all physical attacks. Can only be used thrice a week.

Spirit tree manipulation (active) lvl.1:

This skill allows the user to manipulate a spirit tree to create spirit wisp incubation vines which will help grow more spirit wisps. More functions can be unlocked by leveling up the skill.

Energy sharing (active) lvl.1:

This skill allows the user to share their spirit energy with another spiritual creature to make them heal faster or to help growing spirit wisps grow faster.

Hmm, I see these two should be the new skills that my evolution unlocked. They are both very useful abilities and both help me increase the spirit wisp population which is going to be super helpful as I will now no longer be alone in this mysterious world and will have new allies and friends.

Alright, I think I will first try and make more spirit wisps before checking out other stuff as I want to meet some other sentient life other than myself.

Ok so let's see according to my knowledge I have to first imagine a flower buds growing from the vines of the spirit tree and then I just have to focus on a specific vine from the spirit tree where I would like the incubation vines to be created.

Then as I chose four vines from the spirit tree to act as incubation vines a new system message appeared asking me if I would like to confirm these four vines as my new incubation vines. To which I said “yes” and now that I pay more attention to myself I realize that I now have an actual mouth to speak from.

“Sweet now I can talk again and not just think about everything, though let's not get distracted”. Then as I finished enjoying my returned ability to speak and not just think, I once again turned my attention to the four vines which I had chosen as incubation vines. Many flower buds were growing out of those four vines which I had chosen and I could also feel quite a bit of spirit energy that the spirit tree produced was now being redirected to these four vines where the flower buds were absorbing the spirit energy and growing.

“Hmm even though these flowers are growing at a pretty decent rate, it will still take at least three more earth days before they are fully mature”. Well, I don't have the patience to wait that long after having been alone for this long so let's try out that Energy sharing skill to speed up the growth of the spirit wisps.

“Alright let's do it”. As I focused on the four vines which I had turned into incubation vines I mentally activated the skill Energy sharing and focused on giving my energy to the flower buds which covered the vines.

Then as I activated the skill a new system message appeared asking me whether or not I would like to give my energy to these growing spirit wisps to which I agreed though just as I accepted the Energy sharing I suddenly felt light-headed which shouldn't have happened as these unborn spirits wisps couldn't possibly take all of my spirit energy as my instinctual knowledge of spirit wisps had informed that it was safe to do it so why am I out of energy like this. Then as I wondered that question my body fainted from overuse of energy.

10