Chapter 12: No longer alone part.2
225 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A small note on pressure resistance using energy

There exist many types of pressures such as spiritual pressure emitted by a creature who has a large amount of spirit energy or mana pressure from a creature who has immense mana or mental pressure from overwhelming emotions and many other types of pressures exist but almost all of these pressures can be resisted if a creature has high enough spirit energy, mana or mental fortitude or any other energy because each type of energy regardless of what it is has the effect of counteracting outside energies from affecting the creature.

 

Chapter 12: No longer alone part.2

About one and a half hours had passed from the time when all of the newborn spirit wisps had fallen unconscious and Will had started to share his spirit energy with them to heal them. At this time the newborn spirit wisps had finally started to slowly wake up one by one and Will had also stopped reprimanding himself for almost killing the first batch of new spirit wisps.

***

Will's pov

Whew, it looks like the newborn spirit wisps are now finally starting to wake up and fortunately it also looks like they don't have any lingering injuries which could prove lethal in the long term. Anyway, let's talk to them and see why they were giving me their spirit energy in the first place and also let's stop pretending to be some noble progenitor as it's pretty tiresome to speak like that.

“Hey, little guys can you tell me why you all were giving me your spirit energy when I was unconscious”. 

As I asked this question to them the particularly small spirit wisp from before came forward and spoke to me through the mental link.

“Oh, great progenitor, the reason we were giving you our spirit energy while you were unconscious was because of our instincts which told us to give you our spirit energy to help you recover faster”. 

Hmm so that was the reason, well now that is indeed a good instinct but it could prove very lethal to these spirit wisps like it did today so it's more of a double-edged sword.

“I see well then I have an order for all of you spirit wisps so listen closely, from now on you are all going to think about your survival before helping me as you did today as I don't want all of you to kill yourself to help me”. 

Then as I finished giving them my order the particularly small spirit wisp spoke again.

“Oh, great progenitor we can't do that as it's against all of our instincts so we don't understand why you are ordering us to not help you”.

“Alright now listen first of all stop calling me the great progenitor as it's very annoying so instead call me Will from now on second I don't want all of you to needlessly sacrifice your life to help me and if I do need any help I will tell you”. 

Then as I finished my sentence I could tell that the spirit wisps were both a little sad and happy.

“Understood lord Will we will make sure to follow your order without fail and should you ever need any help just say the word and we shall all lay our lives for you my lord”. 

Well, I guess Lord is an improvement and I doubt they will stop calling me lord or progenitor entirely so I guess this works for now.

Anyways let's take a look at these newborn spirit wisps stats. Then as I activated my outer soul analysis to appraise the newborn spirit wisps many status windows appeared before my eyes and as I read through the I noticed that almost all of the newborn spirit wisps had the same status but for some reason one of them had a different status specifically the particularly small spirit wisp's status was different from others.

Appraised Status

Name: N/A

Race: Spirit wisp

Level: 1(0/5)

Gender: N/A

Spirit energy: 25/25

Racial skills

Skills

Titles

 

Skills

Spirit shot lvl.1 (E):

This skill allows the user to shoot arrows made of spirit energy to directly damage their enemy's soul itself. Uses 5 spirit energy per shot.

Titles

First generation:

This title is given to the first generation of a new sentient race. It gives the following benefits.

Gives the title holder a higher chance of obtaining new skills per level.

Allows the title holder to evolve with half of the required experience.

 

Oh my God to think that these newborn spirit wisps had such a powerful title and I almost let them all die for no fucking reason. Man, I barely just avoided making a very big mistake so I have to be extremely careful from now on to make sure I don't make any more such mistakes.

Anyways doesn't this mean that all spirit wisps actually need 10 experience points to level up so why did I only need 5 is it another benefit of being a progenitor? Okay now, let's take a look at this unique spirit wisp.

Name: N/A

Race: Spirit wisp

Level: 0/5

Gender: N/A

Spirit energy: 40/40

Racial skills

Skills

Titles

 

Skills

Spirit shot lvl.1 (D):

This skill allows the user to shoot arrows made of spirit energy to directly damage their enemy's soul itself. Uses 3 spirit energy per shot.

Spirit healing lvl.1 (D):

This skill allows the user to use their spirit energy to heal a spiritual creature's light injuries.

Titles

First generation:

This title is given to the first generation of a new sentient race. It gives the following benefits.

Gives the title holder a higher chance of obtaining new skills per level.

Allows the title holder to evolve with half of the required experience.

Inborn Talent (Healing):

This title is given to a creature who has high talent in something. It gives the following benefits.

Grants one additional inborn skill in which the creature has talent.

Allows the creature to learn skills that they are talented at with lesser effort.

Unlocks hidden evolutions.

Hidden

Hmm, this one's status is quite amazing for a newborn spirit wisp and from the looks of it, the reason why only this one was able to resist whatever was affecting the other spirit wisps is that it has higher than average spirit energy. Well then since I checked their status already let's give all of them names shall we after all they are the first generation.

“Alright then everyone gather up and form a line as I am going to give all of you a name since you all are the first of your kind”. 

As I finished speaking all of the spirit wisps immediately formed a line with the unique small spirit wisp at the front to whom I gave the first name.

“Little one from now on you will be known as Loretta the lunar priestess because you were born on my first night here in this unknown world and because of your outstanding talent in healing skills”. 

“My lord I will treasure this name and do my best to live up to your expectations”. 

Then after I gave Loretta her name I started to give the other spirit wisps in the line names as well.

12