Chapter 15: The incident part.1
169 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A note on the absolute loyalty effect

This is an effect which all sentient race members have from the moment they are born. This effect makes it impossible for the sentient race member to disobey their race's progenitor and the only way to rid themselves of this absolute loyalty effect is to become so strong that they can resist or even get rid of the effect or another way is having the progenitor personally remove the absolute loyalty effect from them and allowing them to be free. Though there are also various items and treasures which can remove the absolute loyalty effect temporarily or permanently.

 

Chapter 15: The incident part.1

In the tree hollow of the bloodsucking tree of spiritual recovery, Will was trying out his Basic humanoid vessel crafting (plant-type). 

After he activated the skill a new tab opened up showing many options and many pre-made vessel options which Will could use and it also gave Will many customizing functions which he could use to customize these pre-made vessels to make new custom vessels or he could even make a new vessel design from scratch.

Man, it's like a very advanced modern character-creation program, it really doesn't fit with this fantasy world as it's something that would be more suitable in a sci-fi world. 

Anyway let's first try making a pre-made vessel design, also speaking of that I just remembered that I have no fucking clue how I am supposed to make a vessel as I don't have any mental instructions which can tell me what to do in this situation.

Hmm, this is a very unexpected situation as I haven't suffered from this problem of not knowing how to use a skill as from the moment I came to this unknown world I always had the system which told me what to do. 

Alright, Will get it together instead of contemplating this issue. Let's try figuring out how to use this character-creation program and maybe just maybe I might be able to find some kind of A.I in this program which could help me to use this skill.

Then after deciding what to do I started to tinker with the character-creation program trying to figure out how to use it. While I was busy figuring out how to use my vessel crafting skill Loretta was busy with her own problem.

***

Loretta's pov

Hmm, I have gathered about 140 of the 150 newborn spirit wisps but for some reason, I am not able to find the remaining 9 excluding me from the remaining ten and I also can't feel their mental presence in the vicinity. Hmm, I have a bad feeling about this. I hope nothing bad happened to them or else I wouldn't know how to face our lord.

“Hey, can the 30 of you split into 10 groups of three and search for our missing nine brethren in the surrounding area around the holy tree and the rest of you go and inform the lord about the situation, and I will go and search for the missing nine in the edges of the safe zone”. 

Then after I gave commands to the other 139 spirit wisps I started to hurriedly float toward the edge of the safe zone which the lord said to stay within.

As I continued to float within the edge of the safe zone I could see many massive monsters outside of the safe zone not daring to come near the holy tree. 

I must admit the holy tree is truly a divine gift given to us weak spirit wisps by our great and Almighty Lord they are truly so generous, kind, and humble, while Loretta was thinking this she appeared like an extremely adorable blob of blue cloud trying to mimic the praying posture of the humanoid races which was truly a sight to behold considering what was trying to do it. 

Also while Loretta had started to pray while searching for the missing nine spirit wisps, the other newborn spirit wisps had finally reached the tree hollow and one of the 109 who had come here started to float towards Will acting as the representative of the group in the absence of Loretta.

***

Will's pov

Huh, this is weird, why have only 109 newborn spirit wisps returned to the tree hollow, where are Loretta and the other 40 spirit wisps of the 150 newborn spirit wisps? Then as I was wondering what was going on here, a newborn spirit wisp came forward from the group which had returned and it extended a mental link to me that it probably wanted to use to speak to me.

I immediately deactivated the basic humanoid vessel crafting (plant-type) skill which I was still trying to figure out how to use and accepted the mental link which the representative spirit wisp had extended to me. 

“Oh, great progenitor it's an honor to speak to you” 

“Alright forget those formalities and also call me Will or Lord instead of great progenitor and get to the point already as I want to know why there are only 109 of you instead of all 150”.

“Oh, my Lord the reason why only 109 of us returned here is that the chosen one Lady Loretta told 30 of the 139 to split into ten groups and search for the missing nine spirit wisps in the surrounding vicinity of the holy tree and told the rest of us to return here and inform your excellency about the situation while the lady searches for the missing nine of our brethren in the edge of the safe zone”.

Hmm, this is troublesome “Hey do you know anything about why nine of you have gone missing”. 

“My lord Unfortunately I have no idea as to why they might have gone missing as the last time I saw them was when they were floating toward a particularly bushy area to hunt animals for experience points”.

“I see have you noticed if they were acting strange or something also are you sure that the bushy area was inside of the safe zone”. 

“No, my lord they were acting completely normal and I am absolutely certain that the bushy area was within the safe zone as all of us seem to have a certain sense which allows us to see just where the safe zone ends so that we don't end up exiting it by accident”.

Hmm, that makes sense this must be because of the effect of absolute loyalty which is helping them to make sure that they always follow my orders and don't end up disobeying them by accident. 

“Well that's all then you may go and rest together with the others for now”.

“Yes my lord!”. 

Then after the representative spirit wisp and the others had gone to rest I activated my spirit sense skill to try and find out where the missing nine spirit wisps are since my upgraded spirit sense has a larger range.

9