Chapter 17: The first serious fight
198 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A note on vessel crafting skill and the reputation of vessel crafters.

It is one of the extremely few skills in the world which don't have pre-made mental instructions with it making it a skill which the user has to learn by themselves about how to use. Because of this difficulty in learning the skill all the vessel crafters who know how to use their skills are highly respected by everyone. Even when all of the vessel crafters were being executed in the dark age when the spirit race fled, the families of the vessel crafters were given status and riches beyond imagination as compensation and the vessel crafters were also executed in the most honourable way so as to not to be disrespectful.

 

Chapter 17: The first serious battle

As I observed the wolf leader, the wolf leader also observed me which indicated that the wolf leader had decent intelligence and was not like the other wolves who just hunted following their instincts and nothing else. Man, this is going to be a very dangerous battle, the feeling inside of me which had told me that the wolves were weak is now screaming at me trying to tell me that the wolf leader is as strong as me or even stronger, especially when I am also having to fight 46 other wolves which just changed to 43 as three of them were just sliced to death by my six strong wind blades.

Anyways it's useless to just stand and stare at each other like this because I am in a time crunch right now as I have to either defeat the wolf leader or rescue the eight trapped newborn spirit wisps before I run out of mana so I have to hurry. Then after thinking that I immediately rushed at the wolf leader while activating my spirit shot skill to shoot four shots at him and also got ready to activate the borrowed Shadow merge skill to slip past the wolf leader and try and rescue the eight newborn spirit wisps.

Then as I rapidly approached the wolf leader, the wolf leader started to say some incomprehensible words which sounded like some magical chant to counterattack my assault and it looks like I was right as it indeed turned out to be a magic chant as plant roots started to rapidly grow out of the ground and formed a thick wood wall to protect the wolf leader as I came nearer to the wolf leader.

The wood wall actually managed to somehow block the spirit shot skill which greatly surprised me as no physical attack or defense should have been able to block my spiritual attack which can only mean that the wood wall is actually entirely made of mana and just looks like it is a physical wall of wood. Though even if I had gotten surprised it didn't stop me from carrying out my plan of using the borrowed Shadow merge skill to rescue the eight trapped newborn spirit wisps. Then as I used my shadow merge skill to successfully slip past the wolf leader I saw that the wolf leader was taken aback when it saw me slip past it and approach the wooden root cage.

It immediately started to once again chant a magical spell to try and stop me from approaching the wooden root cage which I of course didn't let it do as I redirected two of the four strong wind blades which were rotating around me to defend me to go and attack and stop the wolf leader from chanting its magic spell. Then while the wolf leader was distracted by the two strong wind blades I had sent his way I reached the wooden root cage and used the two remaining strong wind blades rotating around me to cut open the root cage and free the captured newborn spirit wisps who all seemed to unconscious for some reason so I had the two strong wind blades change shape and became extremely thin but large wind blades on top of which I rested the eight spirit wisps and then commanded the two strong wind blades to go back to the tree hollow in the safe zone.

Then as I sent the eight spirit wisps back to the tree hollow in the safe zone on the wind blades, the eight strong wind blades which were keeping everyone busy had finally been broken so many times that I no longer had any more mana to reconstruct them because of which now the wolf leader and 36 wolves had surrounded me and the wolf leader had also started to once again chant a magical chant. Seeing this I immediately activated my spirit body skill making myself immune to all physical attacks and used all of my remaining soul energy to shoot as many spirit shots as I could at the wolf leader who, seeing this changed his magic chant to the one which it used to defend. Now that the wolf leader who was the only one who was a real threat to me since he could use magic was busy defending against my spirit shots I immediately started run away while in the spirit body state phasing through all the physical obstacles and heading straight towards the safe zone around the bloodsucking tree of spiritual recovery.

Though while I was running away I did use my outer soul analysis skill to appraise the wolf leader's status before running away to know more about what skills it had. Then after spending a good while getting back to the tree hollow in the safe zone I immediately collapsed and rested to recover my spirit energy and mana since I had exhausted every energy in my body. Though I did manage to see that every one of the spirit wisps was together once again so I happily fell asleep to rest with a smile on my pure white face.

Thanks for reading my novel, if you like it then do consider dropping a rating or review. As they will be greatly appreciated.

Also if any of yall wish to support me or read 4 or 10 chapters ahead of the others feel free to check out and perhaps join my patreon. link below.

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=83723730

7