Chapter 20: A new skill
152 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sorry everyone for the delayed release, it's because I accidentally scheduled it to 3 pm rather than am which I just now noticed and thus manually released now. Still apologies for the late release. I hope you all enjoy this chapter.


A note on transfer gates.

A transfer gate is a magical structure that is imbued with advanced space magic. Allowing the opening of a spatial gateway to another location though it consumes a lot of mana so it's only used on important occasions even by races that have access to them.

 

Chapter 20: A new skill

After spending a good hour or two just chatting with Silphid to learn as much as I could before deciding to once again attempt to use my vessel crafting to create a vessel. Ok, let's think a bit about how I use my other skills. Maybe I can find a clue from the activation of the other skills.

 

Then after thinking about that I started to use all of the skills one by one while carefully focusing on just how I was using them. Though unfortunately, I couldn't understand much at all as the skills activated so fast that I couldn't comprehend how the hell they were activating.

 

Hmm, this is quite problematic as I can't learn anything like this. Right, I have some free skill points from leveling up from level 4 to level 6 so I can just see if I can buy a skill to help me understand my skills better. Let's see how many skill points I have saved up.

 

SP: 15

 

Huh, that's weird, why do I have 15 skill points instead of 10 when I only leveled up two times and according to how many skill points I got previously I should get 5 skill points for every level.

 

Host, you are partially correct in your assumption that you get 5 skill points for every level but that only applies before you evolved as after evolution you get twice the amount of skill points you used to get per new level.

 

Oh, that's really nice as I was worried about how I will get skill points when I am too high leveled to level up but if it keeps increasing then I should have enough even then. Anyways Silphid can you show me some skills which I can currently buy to help me in my current predicament.

 

Yes, host showing the available skills which are helpful in the present situation.

There are two skills that suit the host's requirements.

Heightened Focus (D)lvl.1:

This skill allows the host to be able to heighten their focus up to five times their normal limit.

Cost: 10Sp

Narrow Minded (D)lvl.1:

This skill allows the host to be able to use twenty times higher focus than their normal limit when they are only focusing on a single objective but this skill decreases the host's awareness of everything other than the target objective by ten times lesser than their normal focus.

Cost: 10Sp

Woah both of these skills are quite expensive though I guess I should have expected this as it seems that skills related to mind and senses are all quite expensive. Hey, Silphid, can you tell me why that is?

 

Of course host, the reason behind the high cost of these skills is not only because of the fact that they are mind or sense-enhancement related but also because of the fact that they are skills that can work even on a higher level individuals such as the heightened focus skill will be stronger when used by a stronger individual because this skill multiplies the natural limit of the skill holder and not give a fixed addition to the skill holder's focus.

 

Ah, that explains why the skills are so expensive. Though I wonder which skill I should buy as both are very good in their aspects such as the Heightened Focus skill is an all-rounder kind of skill with no drawbacks but the Narrow Minded skill is four times more effective than the heightened focus skill when only focusing on a single objective though when it has a big drawback of losing awareness of everything other than the objective by ten times lesser than my normal focus which could prove very fatal. Hmm, this is a difficult choice but I think I will go with the heightened focus skill since I don't want to lose focus of everything around me. Alright, Silphid I want to buy the heightened focus skill.

 

Congratulations host you have acquired the Heightened Focus skill.

 

Then even though I had braced myself for the pain accompanying the skill acquisition I still felt very lightheaded from the immense mental pain so I decided to take a short rest before trying out my new skill.

***

Now let us go back to half an hour after Will had escaped Wolfwood. Wolfwood was sitting on a tree stump while in deep thought while all the other lesser nature wolves were resting in a circle around Wolfwood.

Wolfwood's Pov.

Hmm, this is a concerning issue to think that there would be spirit race members here when they should almost all be extinct and on top of that there was that one powerful one who rescued the captured spirit race members. Also, it looked like the captured spirit race members were all newborns which could only indicate towards a village or tribe of high-level spirit race members or worse a new spirit race progenitor as only these individuals can produce more spirit race members.

 

I need to immediately go and inform lord Gresham about this issue as soon as possible. “Listen all of you mutts use every ounce of mana in your body to strengthen one of you who will take me straight to the transfer gate to the north as fast as possible even if all of you mutts have to die to make sure that I reach the transfer gate within one day understood, now get a move on go!! ”

 

Then as soon as he gave the order immediately all of the lesser nature wolves started to die of mana exhaustion as they all gave every ounce of their mana to a slightly bigger lesser nature wolf. Then after a short while, all the other lesser nature wolves except the slightly larger lesser nature wolf were dead. Wolfwood mounted on top of the remaining lesser nature wolf who had been strengthened to its very limit and started to rapidly head towards the north where the transfer gate is located.

Thanks for reading my novel, if you like it then do consider dropping a rating or review. As they will be greatly appreciated.

Also if any of yall wish to support me or read 4 or 10 chapters ahead of the others feel free to check out and perhaps join my patreon. link below.

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=83723730 

6