Chapter 21: Experimentation and observation.
173 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 21: Experimentation and observation.

After Will had spent a while resting he was finally ready to try out his new skill to inspect his skills activation. Alright, let's do this now, then as I gave a mental command to activate the skill I immediately felt as if my mind was working many times faster than it had ever worked it was to such a degree that it even felt as if time had slowed in my eyes as my mind processed everything so fast that my body couldn't keep up with it.

After spending a few seconds getting accustomed to the new skill I used my wind blade skill to create a weaker-range wind blade. Then as I activated my skill I could somewhat see that some white particles were being gathered in front of my vision guided by two faint white hands which molded these white particles into a ranged wind blade and I also noticed that at the final stages of transformation, the white particles had turned light green after which the wind blade launched itself slicing a nearby bush.

Hmm, what the hell was that faint white hand-like thing that molded the white particles which I can only presume were mana. Also, why did the white particles or I guess mana change into a light green color? I don't understand that. Man, I wish I had read more isekai novels and mangas while I was still on earth. Maybe they could have helped me a little. Anyway, let's inspect the other skills as well. Maybe I will learn more from them.

Then I spent a couple more minutes inspecting my other skills. After this inspection, I noticed that the four offensive skills had one clear difference and that was the final color of the mana before the attack launched. From these results, I concluded that the final colors of the mana represent different elements. which I made a list of in the system notebook and yes I can indeed record stuff in the system like my personal diary and all I had to do was politely ask Silphid. It reads as follows.

 

Host's personal record.

List of elements represented by colors.

Light green: Wind Element

Light red: Fire Element

Light blue: Water Element

Light brown: Earth Element

Teal green: Nature Element

Hmm though I don't get why four of the colors are all light shades of their color, just what is similar between these four skills…… Oh, that's it but no I shouldn't jump to conclusions without proof. Alright, let's try out my spirit energy skills next. Then as I activated my spirit shot skill I saw that an extremely small hole seemed to open up in the air and many azure blue particles poured out of it which started to condense into a spirit shot by itself without the help of guiding white hands like the mana-powered skills which was interesting. Then after it had condensed into a complete spirit shot the extremely small hole in the air rapidly closed in a few moments and just as it closed the spirit shot which had been condensed launched itself at a nearby armored lizard destroying its soul and killing it immediately.

Host obtained 1 exp.

Hmm looks like the new notification settings are working properly. Though it's really interesting how the spirit shot worked and I have a few ideas about it but let's first try out spirit healing as well for comparison. Then to try out the spirit healing skill I came to a slightly injured lizard nearby and used the skill on it. After the skill activated this time another extremely small hole opened up in the air but this time the azure blue particles which I presume are spirit energy didn't pour out alone and a few white particles which were not mana as they were too white also poured out with the azure blue particles. Then the two different particles both started to enter the injured lizard's body and accelerate the natural healing ability of the lizard allowing its wounds to close faster and then once the wound was healed the skill deactivated on its own and the extremely small hole in the air once again closed up rapidly just like what happened to the hole opened by the spirit shot skill. Alright then now that the inspections are done I'm sure that the hole which is opening each time I use a spirit energy-powered skill is a hole to the spirit realm as that's the only place that I currently know of that has spirit energy like this. Though I still have no clue what those other pure white particles were.

Alright then let's try out some ideas I have thought of which could possibly let me use my vessel crafting skill. First, let's try to see if I can manually control the mana in the air to use the skill. For which first let's see if the system shop has a skill that can help me right or not. Silphid, could you show me any skills which can help me in my predicament?

Yes, host displaying the best set of skills matching your requirements.

 

Basic Mana Manipulation (F)lvl.1:

A skill that lets the user do some basic mana manipulation with some effort.

Cost: 2Sp

Basic Mana Meditation (F)lvl.1:

A skill that lets the user slowly increase their maximum mana capacity through meditation

Cost: 2Sp

Rudimentary Elemental Mana Attunement (F)lvl.1:

A very basic and useless skill that lets the host be somewhat capable of attuning mana particles to a specific element.

Cost: 1Sp

Um, Silphid, why is it that the total cost of these three skills is exactly as much as I have left?

It's because the host's available Points were taken into account when filtering for skills and these three skills are the perfect set of skills to use in combination and can help the host the most in the future.

Well, I guess I will take your word for it after all you haven't done anything disadvantageous to me yet so I will trust you on this choice. Alright then I take these skills then as I said that another mental headache came though it was way more bearable than the previous one though I will still take a short rest to remove this headache as it interferes with my focusing skill.

 

Thanks for reading my novel, if you like it then do consider dropping a rating or review. As they will be greatly appreciated.

Also if any of yall wish to support me or read 4 or 10 chapters ahead of the others feel free to check out and perhaps join my patreon. link below.

Patreon 

9