Chapter 22: First Completed vessel.
168 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A note on how vessels work.

The most basic vessels are made up of hard spirit energy rich materials making the vessel itself very clunky and no spirit race member would ever want to use such a vessel so the vessel crafters use some very ingenious magic circuits to counteract this disadvantage though this creates a new disadvantage which is that the vessel would completely break down in a anti magic zone or a magic nullifying barrier.

Because of this choice which the vessel crafters made years ago many races are still arguing that whether this advantage is worth a worse disadvantage though a conclusion has still not been found and it's doubtful that it ever will as it's been five centuries since it started.

Chapter 22: First Completed vessel

After a short rest, Will immediately tried out the new skills among which the mana manipulation skill allowed him to crudely move the mana particles in his surrounding which was pretty interesting as whenever he thought of moving a mana particle a faint pair of white hands materialized out of nowhere and started to slowly to move the mana particles according to his will though he couldn't figure how the faint pair of white hands was materializing out of nowhere.

Then he tried out the mana meditation skill which unlike its name didn't actually make him meditate at all as it just activated in the background like a passive skill and it just made Will's breathing change to an extremely specific rhythm which also subconsciously used mana to enhance the breathing process which was very insignificant so it didn't affect Will's total mana storage at all though unfortunately Will once again didn't get what was exactly happening though he could feel that slowly but surely his total mana storage capacity was increasing little by little.

Then, at last, he tried out the rudimentary elemental mana attunement which as described in the description took a whopping half an hour to create just a single drop of wind element mana so Will immediately put it into the useless skills category in his mind for now.

***

Will's pov.

Man, that last one was a real disappointment though I guess I should have expected that since even the skill description called it a useless skill. 

Anyways let's try using the basic human vessel crafting skill with the help of the new mana manipulation skill since the skill should use mana to work which if it doesn't would that I just wasted many skill points for nothing.

Then as I activated three of my skills including my basic mana manipulation skill, my basic humanoid vessel crafting skill, and my heightened focus skill. 

I immediately entered a state of heightened focus where I chose a pre-made humanoid vessel design from the vessel design panel and used my basic mana manipulation skill to take a hold of the mana particles in a nearby spot and imagined the selected vessel design to be created out of the mana and spirit tree wood in that spot.

After a few seconds when I was starting to think that this method was also a failure it actually started to work as the skill slowly started to take over the vessel crafting process and the mana in the selected spot started to slowly gather into a vaguely humanoid shape after which some spirit wood was stripped from the bloodsucking tree of spiritual recovery which then started to be shaped by many small wind blades of mana as it slowly turned into a very crudely made mannequin as the vessel didn't even have a face and had very clunky limbs and didn't have any well-defined features and looked like a very crude mud golem instead of an actual human.

Then after it was successfully carved up into a vessel the vaguely humanoid-shaped mana immediately started to fill the completed vessel and some complex and magical writings and spell circles which you would see in a fantasy world started to appear all over the body of the completed vessel.

This process lasted about a minute or two after which all the shining magic circles written all over the vessel's body started to fade away slowly until it was invisible to the naked eye after which I could sense that a small hollow had formed inside the vessel which was not physical in nature but more like a spiritual hollow as if it has become a soulless object which can somehow house a soul even though it's not a living creature.

Then like any earth teenager who likes magic and fantasy stuff, I immediately rushed to try out the newly completed vessel while throwing caution to the wind. 

As I rapidly ran into the completed humanoid vessel my body slowly started to meld into the vessel itself and become part of it and when my entire body had been melded into the vessel my senses suddenly split into new views one through the senses of the vessel and one through the senses of my spirit body. 

This is a little disorienting so let's use the heightened focus skill to get rid of this problem, then after I used the skill all of my focus was redirected to the spirit body's senses and ignored the vessel's senses.

After this, I spent five or six minutes getting used to my new temporary physical body after which I decided to immediately go outside and try out the new vessel of mine. 

Immediately as I started to head outside I noticed that my speed had been doubled and that my physical strength which I barely used to have had increased drastically meaning that I can now at least fight using my physical strength and not be a total loser. 

Though I am curious about how the fuck am I able to see through the senses of a vessel when this vessel doesn't even have a face or any well-defined features for that matter so it's a true mystery how it has those senses.

Then once I was a decent distance away from the spirit tree I used my wind blade skill to create a stable wind blade which I then tinkered with a little using my basic mana manipulation skill to create a sharp edgeless handle for he wind blade so that I could hold it without having my vessel's hand be turned into tiny wooden chips. 

Speaking of which I must say that even though the vessel is made entirely out of wood it's actually pretty damn flexible unlike what I imagined it to be.

Then as I held the wind blade and tried to remember all the internet videos of great sword masters and try to mimic them for any resemblance of swordplay most of which I could remember were Japanese samurai as they were the coolest in my eyes.

So I immediately tried it out after remembering a little and well it went horribly as I embarrassingly tripped on my own feet while trying to use the sword and had my face planted straight into the ground. 

This clearly shouted at me that I am just not suited for swords but my inner sword maniac just didn't feel the same way so I got super distracted and ended up deciding to spend an hour or two trying to use the sword.

Thanks for reading my novel, if you like it then do consider dropping a rating or review. As they will be greatly appreciated.

Also if any of yall wish to support me or read 4 or 10 chapters ahead of the others feel free to check out and perhaps join my patreon. link below.

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=83723730 

8