Chapter 23: First battle using the vessel part.1
154 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A note on Earthen skin serpents.

They are an evolved version of stone carrying snakes which have gained permanent stone scales and high speed scale regeneration, they also have basic earth magic. unlike their predecessor these snakes can grow there own scales instead of having to find stones as their scales. They gained this ability by consuming various minerals and reaching level 10 for evolution.

 

Chapter 23: First battle using the vessel part.1

After practicing with my wind blade for about an hour and a half I finally managed to do some basic swordplay maneuvers.

Phew, finally I can now at least do something using my wind blade sword and not be completely useless though when compared to my magic skills power this swordplay is nothing. Also man I must say I got distracted a lot by this swordplay stuff because of which I ended up spending more time on this swordplay stuff than I had expected so I have to hurry as I have some more stuff that I want to try out.

After finally snapping out of my swordplay practice obsession I immediately remembered what the hell I was supposed to be doing so I used my plant binding skill with the basic mana manipulation skill to create some crude plant vine armor around my vessel to give it some extra protection and I also had the plant vine wrap up around the wind blades hilt to make it easier to hold.

Man, I must say I look pretty cool in this stuff like a primal warrior. Alright, let's try out the fighting capabilities of my new vessel without using any offensive skill other than melee-type wind blade skill and plant binding skill to fight. Then after preparing for a fight I immediately used my spirit sense skill to search for some opponents to fight which I found after about twenty seconds of searching. It was a group of six stone-carrying snakes and two evolved versions of stone-carrying snakes.

Hmm, let's first check out the two new types of monsters before I begin fighting. After thinking about that I remotely used my outer soul analysis skill with the help of spirit sense to analyze these two unknown monsters.

 

Appraisal status

Name: N/A

Race: Earthen skin serpent

Original race: Stone Carrying snake

Gender: 1 male and 1 female

Skills:

Active:

Earth magic (D) lvl.2, Scale hardening (E) lvl.4, Shed Skin (F) lvl.1, Scale Bullet (F) lvl.8.

Passive:

Permanent Earthen Scales (E) lvl.6, Faster Scale Regeneration (E) lvl.4.

Titles:

Evolved Magic Beast Tier 1.

 

Hmm, these two snakes could be difficult to kill without using my other skills. Though it's also the perfect way to try out my new vessel. After deciding to fight I immediately started to rush towards the right snakes to attack all while being unaware of a crazy smile having emerged on my faceless face as a broken crack on the wooden head in the shape of a smile.

As I closed in on the right snakes the two evolved ones immediately detected my presence after I got a little closer to them and started to hiss at the other six stone-carry snakes who immediately got into a battle-ready stance and ready to attack me as soon as I entered their attack range. The six stone-carrying snakes immediately launched about eighteen scales in total toward me at full speed which I stopped by using my wind blade sword which I actually manage to use quite decently after that long practice and with the help of the heightened focus skill these high-speed scale projectiles appeared to be in slow motion in my eyes. Then when I tried to react, my new vessel body, which looked clunky from the outside, suddenly showed superhuman reflexes as my hands seemed to move at a lightning-fast speed as they wielded my wind-blade sword to block all the scale projectiles. Man, that was super awesome. I didn't know that I could use my swords so well. This Vessel body did indeed increase my by a lot just by giving me such fast reflexes but I am sure that there must be more than this vessel body can give to me to help me fight better.

Then after I blocked those scale projectiles I immediately slashed three of the six stone-carrying snakes that had been stunned by my effortless block. Then as I was about to attack the other three as well the two evolved snakes made a move and conjured three rock shields to save the other three stone-carrying snakes from my attack so I instead jumped back and put some distance between the two evolved snakes and myself and observed the two snakes for a good way of attack.

Then after I made some distance between us the two evolved snakes launched thirty-scale projectiles toward me after a second or two which I once again tried to completely block out using my enhanced reflexes but it would look like as I have overestimated myself as three of the scales managed to hit me though it didn't hit any vital spots of my vessel.

Then as I recoiled from the hit the two evolved snakes used earth magic to send earth bullets flying toward me. Though I managed to gain consciousness before it was too late and managed to use my plant-binding skill to make a makeshift shield around me. The makeshift shield worked pretty well as it blocked all the bullets but got torn to shreds in the end. So I immediately rushed towards the two evolved snakes from the shield as they prepared another volley of attacks.

I used my plant binding skill when I got close enough and tried to trap the two snakes but they suddenly shed their skin which I only presume was the Shed Skin skull and managed to escape the plant binding skills and then the two of them immediately started to rapidly regrow their lost scales getting ready to launch them again. Seeing that I decide to use my wind blade skill to create a dagger like wind blade which I threw at both of the two evolved snakes to disrupt their preparation and strike one of them down with his wind blade before they can recover.

My plan works as I manage to kill one of the two evolved snakes, the one with a glossier color to its skin which was presumably the female one. The male one seeing this got enraged and used earth magic to cover himself with an even thicker layer of stone scales and also covered his entire body in mana which was most probably scale hardening.

This sudden power-up made me more cautious of the remaining evolved snake as I observed it for an opportunity to attack. It also began to observe me which was pretty surprising as it is clearly angry yet it maintained its cool, which was very impressive.

 

Thanks for reading my novel, if you like it then do consider dropping a rating or review. As they will be greatly appreciated.

Also if any of yall wish to support me or read 4 or 10 chapters ahead of the others feel free to check out and perhaps join my patreon. link below.

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=83723730 

6