Chapter 24: The first battle using the vessel part.2
110 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I am so sorry for this delay, I can't believe I scheduled it at a wrong time again. I will make sure to check my other schedules to see if any are wrong so it doesn't happen. Again sorry for the delay.


A note on vessels.

There are various different types and grades of vessels out there including special vessels known as spirit vessels but all of these vessels have one basic but extremely important function which is innate reflexes and senses. These innate reflexes and senses are very important as a spirit creature doesn't have a physical body meaning it has no experience with physical reflexes or senses so these innate reflexes and senses allow even the most inexperienced spirit creature to be able to get mastery over superhuman physical reflexes and senses allowing them to fight easily.

Chapter 24: The first battle using the vessel part.2

After a few seconds of the two of us observing each other, I made the first move by throwing two wind blades customized into two throwing wind daggers, and then I followed the two daggers holding my wind blade ready to cut the last evolved snake into pieces. Though while I was focusing on fighting the last evolved snake I had lost sight of the three remaining stone-carrying snakes and these exact three stone-carrying snakes launched their scales to interrupt my two wind daggers as the evolved snake launched many scales at me.

Shit, I had completely forgotten about them, that was a mistake. As I thought that my reflexes activated again as I started to block the incoming scale projectiles which I couldn't block completely as two of them managed to hit me and one of them hit my right hand's shoulder because of which my right hand's efficiency decreased immensely.

Oh no, this is bad my right hand is severely injured, I can no longer keep holding back as it is getting too dangerous. After seeing that my vessel had gotten severely damaged I finally decided to stop holding back and decided to start using my other magic skills. I first used my wind blade skill to create six stable wind blades to rotate around me as a shield and then I used my spirit shot skill to kill the three stone-carrying snakes in one shot and used my plant binding skill to constrict the evolved snake which I then sliced into many pieces using my wind blades.

Phew, that was a tough fight though I must say the new vessel is pretty damn powerful as it managed to help me kill one earthen skin serpent and three stone-carrying snakes without the help of my other magic skills. These innate reflexes embedded in the vessel were especially useful. It actually helped someone like me who has no talent in swordplay to use my sword in such an effective way to block those scale projectiles and slice them to pieces. Then after thinking that I looked toward the gory mess which remained of the once earthen skin serpent. Man, I must say though it is powerful, it's also extremely more disgusting than my magic skills as my magic skills at least don't make such a gory mess of my enemies.

Then after using my soul fragment absorption skill to absorb these killed monsters soul fragments I immediately returned to the tree hollow where the others were resting. Once I arrived there I noticed that some of them seemed to be inside of some weird cocoons, seeing which I immediately got cautious and worried so I asked Silphid about this weird phenomenon.

Host this phenomenon that the spirit wisps are experiencing is because they are evolving and an immense amount of mana is currently being used to form a cocoon around them which is reconstructing their spiritual body into better and evolved forms.

Ah, I see so this is because they are evolving huh, then did I also go through the same process while evolving?

Yes and no host as you see your evolution was from a spirit wisp to a lesser guardian dryad which is a special evolution so other than a large amount of mana, a sizable amount of spirit energy was also used to reconstruct your spiritual body.

Oh yeah, does this reconstruction that happens during evolution affect the individual's mind or personality?

No host normally evolutions do not affect or change an individual's mind or personality but there are indeed some types of evolutions that do that such as special evolutions like your lesser guardian dryad special evolution.

What the hell are you telling me my mind and personality were really altered. Oh my God am I still Will or am I just a copy of him answer me Silphid am I still myself?

Calm down host you are still 100% yourself as the system protected your soul core during evolution and helped make sure that no harm or change was done to your soul core or your mind and personality so the host can rest assured that he is completely unaltered.

Phew! looks like I am still myself but Silphid what is a soul core and would you also protect these little ones should they go through a special evolution as well? If not then is there a way to help them make sure that they don't change completely during evolution?

No host only you who is a progenitor receives the protection of the system and no one else other than progenitors receives this complete protection of personality and mind as this is a special privilege of your title alone so it can't and won't help the spirit wisps. Though there are multiple ways through which a creature can gain temporary protection of mind and personality such as by using special items or elixirs.

Also Silphid there is something that I just noticed but why is my mind so calm even though so many crazy things have happened so far such as almost getting killed or learning that evolution could potentially have altered my personality?

This question of your host is unfortunately beyond your current system access authority limit so I cannot tell you the reason behind it but I can tell you that there is indeed a reason behind it as you suspect but I assure you that it is not something harmful.

Hmm, I see well then I guess there's nothing I can do for now about this problem so might as well focus on the current problems which I can at least do something about. Then after deciding what to do I ordered the spirit wisps who weren't evolving but had finished resting to go and hunt animals for experience points again while I sat down cross-legged near the spirit wisps in cocoons who were in midst of evolving and started using my vessel crafting skill together with my basic mana manipulation skill to slowly repair my new vessels injured right shoulder while I looked over some system messages which I had hidden to read later.

Thanks for reading my novel, if you like it then do consider dropping a rating or review. As they will be greatly appreciated.

Also if any of yall wish to support me or read 4 or 10 chapters ahead of the others feel free to check out and perhaps join my patreon. link below.

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=83723730 

5