Chapter 25: Evolution choices (interlude)
166 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A system entry on the skill Fallen of the forest.

It is a D-rank skill which is only available to individuals with forest or nature related classes. This skill allows the user to capture the soul of a dead creature who died within a forest and send it to the forest's sanctuary where it will be protected from being assimilated by the reincarnation cycle in exchange for its eternal service to the forest. This skill can only be used on creatures weaker than the skill user and thus won't affect stronger creatures or creatures who have a strong soul.

Chapter 25: Evolution choices (Interlude)

After Will had come back to the hollow while possessing his new vessel which had been severely damaged to repair the damage while he rested. The spirit wisps who were not evolving had been ordered to go out and hunt animals for experience points while the others were evolving. Among the spirit wisps who were evolving, there were Loretta and Kate.

***

Loretta's pov.

Mm as I opened my eyes I saw a blue screen floating in front of my vision and a void of darkness surrounded me everywhere I looked. Huh, where am I, wasn't I just resting in the sacred tree's hollow so how did I get here? As I was thinking that my attention returned to the blue screen floating in front of my vision where I noticed rows of text and options.

Congratulations to the individual Loretta for meeting all requirements necessary to evolve.

The evolution process has commenced. Please choose any one of the three evolution options.

Helper sprite(common):

Any spirit wisp can take this evolution option as it has no unlock conditions. This evolution grants a more humanoid shape to the shapeless spirit wisp and also gives them access to various buff skills to strengthen their fellow spirit wisps or themselves.

Life Fairy (uncommon):

An evolution that is only available to spirit wisps that were able to use basic healing skills before evolving. This evolution grants a small humanoid shape to the shapeless spirit wisp together with a pair of butterfly wings. This evolution also gives the spirit wisp access to various life element skills among which there are mostly healing and defensive skills.

Nature fairy (uncommon):

An evolution that is only available to spirit wisps that have a small affinity with nature elements. This evolution will grant the shapeless spirit wisp a small but well-defined humanoid body. This evolution also gives the spirit wisp access to many new nature elements skills. (Note that the spirit wisp will lose its current ability of floatation and flight completely should it choose this evolution option.)

Hmm, two of the these three choices are very good though I think I will choose the life fairy option as it will give me access to many healing and defensive skills which I can use to protect my lord and heal them if they get hurt and this choice will also allow me to be able to fly whereas the other choice would give me a better humanoid for form and skills but it would take away my ability to fly or float.

Alright, then so how do I actually choose the option? As I was wondering about that, a new blue screen popped out of nowhere in front of my vision seeing which I immediately jumped back in surprise. 

What the hell where did this new blue screen come from, though it looks like it is asking me if I want to choose life fairy as my evolution choice. Of course, I want to choose life fairy as my evolution option. Then as I thought that it looked like the blue screens somehow read my mind as the text on the blue screen changed.

The evolution choice life fairy has been chosen as the evolution choice of the individual Loretta.

The evolution process is starting.

 

Huh did the blue screens somehow read my mind? Then as I was getting cautious about having my mind read by some mysterious blue screens. My consciousness started to fade away.

***

While Loretta was going through her evolution Kate was also going through an evolution though Kate was being extremely cautious about the evolution process and only started to calm down and look through the evolution process after five minutes. 

The evolution choices of Kate were almost the same with helper sprite and nature fairy both being available to Kate but other than those two options Kate also had a different evolution option which it chose as it's evolution choice.

Shadow Fairy (uncommon):

An evolution that is only available to spirit wisps who have a decent affinity to the shadow element and who have a shadow element skill. This skill will grant the shapeless spirit wisp a vaguely humanoid form which has an innate ability to allow the spirit wisp to merge with the shadows with minimal mana cost and the spirit wisp will also gain multiple shadow element skills.

After Kate chose this option as its evolution choice, its consciousness also faded away like Loretta's.

***

While these spirit wisps were busy evolving and Will was busy resting and repairing his new vessel. Wolfwood had finally reached the Transfer gate in the north riding on top of a lesser nature wolf which was already looking like it was on the verge of death but somehow still moving forward.

The sight was really weird as the dried up husk of a body which the lesser nature wolf had was somehow still carrying the heavy looking wolfwood on its back and moving towards the transfer gate.

Wolfwood's pov.

Finally I reached the transfer gate, it felt like it took forever to reach it. Anyways, since I have now arrived here, let's quickly activate the transfer gate to go and inform lord Gresham about the anomaly I found in the forest. 

As the lesser nature wolf I was riding on reached the transfer gate and stopped I immediately jumped down from it as it collapsed and died instantly after it stopped moving. 

Seeing the dried up body of the dead lesser nature wolf I decided to show it some mercy and used my skill Fallen of the forest to give its soul entry into the forest's sanctuary before the reincarnation cycle took hold of it.

Then after doing that the physical body of the lesser nature wolf also got devoured by rapidly growing plants. Seeing that it worked I turned around and headed towards the transfer gate and chanted a magic key phrase to activate the transfer gate. 

After which a colourful portal opened up in the centre of the arching structure. As I walked through the transfer gate the portal slowly closed up behind me.

Thanks for reading my novel, if you like it then do consider dropping a rating or review. As they will be greatly appreciated.

Also if any of yall wish to support me or read 4 or 10 chapters ahead of the others feel free to check out and perhaps join my patreon. link below.

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=83723730 

5