Chapter 28: The Star Shrine part.2
99 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A short note on major magic artifact components.

There are five major components which make up a magic artifact.

The Trigger.

The Conductor .

The Magi Circuit.

The Mana Core.

The Magi Network.

Among these components the Trigger acts as the input unit of the magic artifacts thus allowing commands or other controls to be added to a magic artifact making it a very important component. It can be activated by putting mana into it.

Chapter 28: The Star Shrine Part 2.

Wolfwood's pov.

As I and the lord's messenger kept quickly ascending the pure white grand staircase. We soon reached the peak in less than half an hour. When I reached the peak of the stairs I saw a scene that was so breathtaking that I stopped breathing for a second as I gawked at a Shrine which was so pure white it was as if nothing could ever stain the purity of this divine shrine.

The most unbelievable and magical aspect about the shrine wasn't even how pure white it was, instead it was about the fact how this pure white shrine was currently floating high above the very sky itself where the emptiness of the endless space could be witnessed which was only lighted up a little by the countless bright stars which shone their divine luminous light through the endless darkness of the space.

This sight was as if the endless darkness and the bright stars were acting like a black cloak adorned with beautiful gems which was currently wrapped all around the shrine. It was as if the space itself was welcoming the floating pure white shrine into the space. As I was taking in the breathtakingly beautiful scenery before me. I was suddenly snapped out of my trance by a powerful slap to my face by a hand made up entirely of mana which sent me flying a couple of meters away before slamming right into a hard boulder and stopping.

“Argh!” I screamed in pain before finally noticing the Lord's messenger's annoyed gaze glaring at me, clearly because of me delaying the delivery of information to the lord so I immediately got up on my feet and quickly started to follow her again.

We traveled for a few minutes towards the area below the floating pure white shrine where an altar with intricately carved magic runes was situated.

As we reached the magic altar, the Lord's messenger immediately gestured for me to wait for a bit. As I obediently waited at the side, not wanting to be slapped once again. The lord's messenger slowly worked walked to the center of the magic altar before pressing one of her hands to an orb that was engraved into the altar and started to supply her mana to the orb which probably served as a trigger for the magic altar since as soon as the messenger started to input her mana into the orb the magic runes which were carved all over the body of the altar began to glow brightly and I could sense that many magic spells were being activated at the same time.

As the messenger continued supplying her mana, the magic runes of the altar kept glowing more and more brighter as a magic circle started to manifest in the air on top of the altar. As time passed the magic circle kept getting more complicated, and at one point I couldn't even understand it any longer. After about a couple of minutes of waiting, the magic circle finally completed forming and was now ready to be activated so the lord's messenger immediately gestured for me to come and stand in the middle of the altar as well. As I stepped into the middle of the altar, the messenger immediately activated the magic circle startling me greatly in the process. As the magic circle started, me and the messenger both started to float for a moment before a massive pillar of light engulfed us which connected the magic altar's middle area to the floating pure site shrine above.

Then next when I opened my eyes after being blinded by the pillar of white I found myself in the middle of a majestic and divine hall that was adorned with pure white pillars with golden carvings which depicted angels, demons, monsters, and spirits. Then as I was admiring the beautiful golden carvings on the pure white pillars. I noticed that the Lord's messenger beside me kneeled on one knee while looking toward the end of the hall and was starting to speak. Seeing that I also immediately kneeled and lowered my head since I knew that only one being could make the messenger kneel and that was the lord himself so the lord must certainly be at the end of this hall. As I also kneeled, the messenger started to speak in a reverent tone to the lord.

“Oh My Great and Divine Lord I have brought some especially important information for your Lordship”. As she finished speaking, she pointed one of her hands toward me before starting to speak again.

“My Lord this lowly caretaker is the one who discovered this information so I would like to allow this caretaker to describe it himself ”. As she completed speaking again, a regal and pressuring voice sounded from the far end of the grand hall as it spoke.

“Very well I shall grant this request of yours Kilinia however if it turns out that this information which you speak is not as important as you describe it as then be prepared to be punished”

“Now Lowly Caretaker start speaking”

As soon as the lord ordered me to start speaking I immediately started to tell the lord everything about the situation as fast and in as much detail as possible so as not to annoy the lord too much and get killed by his lordship. After I finally finished explaining everything the lord's voice sounded once more but this time with a serious but mostly elated tone to it. This confused me a little since the spirit race is a danger so why would the lord be happy about it?

“Excellent! Kilinia reward this caretaker generously since it delivered such excellent news and also let this caretaker stay in the shrine for now.”

“Also Kilinia dispatch ten of the Windy Forest Hounds to search out the location where the spirit race members are located.”

After receiving the orders the lord's messenger who I learned is called Kilinia started to guide me towards a room in the shrine where I will be allowed to stay for a while and I also noticed that Kilinia's attitude towards me turned more positive which surprised a little but I happily welcomed this change in attitude so I followed her to my room.

Thanks for reading my novel, if you like it then do consider dropping a rating or review. As they will be greatly appreciated.

Also if any of yall wish to support me or read 4 or 10 chapters ahead of the others feel free to check out and perhaps join my patreon. link below.

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=83723730 

3