Chapter 31: Night Assault part.1
59 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A note about the Everspanning spirit woods.

The Everspanning spirit woods is a very large evergreen forest filled to the brim with many nocturnal and daytime flora and fauna. It's a Low-rank realm that historically once used to be a personal garden of one of the 124 Spirit Nobles. Though after the incident regarding the spirit race, this low-ranked realm was abandoned and ended up falling into the jurisdiction of the Forest Keeper race. It has a 2:1 daylight cycle meaning its daytime is double its nighttime.

 

Chapter 31: Night Assault Part.1

In the star shrine floating above the Sky Howl mountain peak. The majestic fog-covered humanoid entity with its head resting on its hand sitting on a throne in a throne room connected to a long hallway was in the middle of pondering something.

When it suddenly raised its head from its resting position to an upright but relaxed position before starting to speak with a majestic and heavy tone.

“Diallon I have a task for you to accomplish. ”

After a few moments passed, a black hooded man who had black hair and a decent face with a petite figure slowly walked out of the shadow of one of the many pillars spread throughout the long hallway, before coming to a stop before the enthroned figure and kneeling before starting to speak.

“My lord please tell me what it is you wish and I shall do my utmost to fulfill your wish. ”

“I require you to go and investigate and if possible get rid of a possible spirit race village in this location's vicinity. ”

As the enthroned figure said that, it raised one of its right arm's fingers to point at the kneeling Diallon's forehead. After a second of pointing a very thin but quick ray of green light shot at Diallon's forehead before it entered his forehead.

After a few seconds for which Diallon kept his eyes closed as if digesting some new knowledge, he stood up and bowed one last time to the enthroned figure before walking away and vanishing into the shadows again.

***

Ajal's pov.

I kept floating near the sacred tree to hunt anything that I could find to get more exp. Though it was getting more and more difficult to find prey since almost all of them had already been killed by either me or my brethren.

As I was floating I suddenly noticed that a slightly red-colored brethren of mine whose name was Kyle started to approach me. Seeing this I immediately stopped to learn why they were approaching me. As Kyle reached me he spoke to me through the telepathic link that we all had.

“Hey Ajal I just had an idea to hunt more prey but I need your help, can you help me? ”

“Hmm well, I don't mind helping you out since I can't seem to find any prey here anymore anyway, though what's your plan to get more prey? ”

“Just follow me first, I will explain later. ”

As Kyle said that he started to float away so I decided to just follow them and see what their plan is like. After floating for a good while we reached the edge of the safe zone which the Progenitor had said we shouldn't leave, seeing this I started to get nervous.

“Hey Kyle you aren't planning on leaving the safe zone are you after all don't you remember the progenitor said that we shouldn't leave the safe zone? ”

“Oh don't worry after all I also know that it's off-limits for us but that doesn't mean we couldn't lure outside prey inside the safe zone. ”

As I heard his plan my nervousness vanished quickly and after thinking about it for a while I figured out why he needed my help.

“Ah, so that's what you wanna do huh I see that's indeed a genius idea now that I think about it, you want to use my Wind Bullet skill together with your Fireball skill to create a bigger ball of fire to serve as a beacon of light to lure prey here. ”

Hearing my reply Kyle immediately sent a feeling of excitement to me through the link before speaking again.

“Yup! That's what I planned to do, to think you figured it all out so quickly is amazing. I was right to ask you for help as you appear to be smarter than most of our brethren like me. ”

“I thought of this plan when I was floating around the edge of the safe zone while hunting for prey and came across a weird six-legged insect-like creature that seemed to be abnormally attracted to light. ”

Hearing Kyle's reasoning I immediately understood what he wanted to lure as prey and got very excited thinking of all the prey we could get.

“I see then is this location where you saw that creature last? ”

“Yes, this is the place where I saw that creature, now we just have to wait a bit for the night to arrive before we can execute our plan since our luring beacon of light would be more effective in the dark of night. ”

After I heard Kyle I agreed with them and started to wait with Kyle for the night to fall. After a good while of waiting, the night finally came, seeing which the two of them immediately leaped into action as they used both their skills in sync to create a giant ball of fire by using the winds to fan the flames.

As the giant ball of flames came into existence, it illuminated everything nearby with its bright light. Then Kyle and I held the giant ball of flames together expectantly waiting for the prey to come. Instead of the insect-like prey which we were expecting.

A petite hooded man appeared out of the nearby shadow of a tree with blue leaves together with 10 black-furred wolves following the man who emerged from the shadow of the tree.

As the unexpected man and his wolves appeared out of the shadows, Kyle and I only had one thought in our minds before we started to flee toward the sacred tree.

“We have fucked up big time now haven't we. ”

Thanks for reading my novel, if you like it then do consider dropping a rating or review. As they will be greatly appreciated.

Also if any of yall wish to support me or read 4 or 10 chapters ahead of the others feel free to check out and perhaps join my patreon. link below.

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=83723730 

3