CHAPTER FOURTEEN: SOPHIA AND SYLVIE.
33 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

Kevin didn’t even feel fazed about the fact that he could just think and a throne would appear and sometimes things happened around him without him being fully aware, like the time a storm brewed in the sky above or when lightning almost struck the ethereal figure. His mind was in a constant state of calm; he couldn’t even overreact to the new abilities or be too surprised about them.

 

Thoughts about the possibility of him having these abilities to be true or false ran through his head, but he soon began to accept this reality as the ethereal figure continued to explain. His earlier anger was only possible because he chose to override his mind's state of calm, which soon returned to him to boost his cognitive reasoning.

 

“It wasn’t me that created and looked after planet Sylvie from the shadows without interfering in the daily lives of its inhabitants,” Sophia explained.

 

“Right. There was one named Sylvie, right?” Kevin gave an educated guess from what he had learned so far.

 

“Correct. My older sister and I used to run the affairs of this little world she made,” Sophia continued to speak as Kevin leaned forward on his dark throne, apparently interested.

 

“I will leave our origin for later and get straight to the point. Although my sister is very powerful, powerful enough to create a world and cause a spark of life here. She isn’t invincible.”

 

“In fact, the magical fairies you see here escaped from their conquered planet to seek a new world as their home here thousands of years ago. My older sister accepted them with open arms since they are creatures of magic that also helped this world grow. But their magic is not enough to sustain the world for eons. This world was made with what little energy Sylvie had; it is enough to keep the world intact for only ten thousand years. My sister seeks retribution against her usurper who banished her, the rightful crown princess of our race. And one of the fastest ways for our kind to gain strength is to literally cultivate planets.” Sophia spoke of her sister proudly as she continued.

 

“Interesting,” Kevin said as he studied the ethereal figure.

 

“One of her conditions she created for this world was that she, as the creator, is able to pick a suitable candidate to join her to help the planet grow, so…”

 

“So you plan to use me for your revenge? If she is all-powerful why can’t she just do it herself; she sounds quite capable.” Kevin reclined on his throne with his chin resting on his fist.

 

“Technically, yes. But we can’t do it alone. We would normally use any energy-absorbing being as a catalyst to cultivate the world faster, and that would be directly proportional to giving my older sister more strength she needs for our cause.”

 

“Our? And why are you telling me this? So, in as much as I have this power, I am still only a tool?” Kevin asked. The temperature of the ravine dropped, but the cold couldn’t affect Sophia since she had an ethereal form.

 

“Yes. And I can’t lie to you. As you are now, you would be able to know if I was lying or telling the truth,” Sophia said with her head pointing towards the riverbed.

 

“And most importantly, I am desperate! I would do anything to restore my sister to her rightful place!” Sophia said as her ethereal figure shone with conviction.

 

“Where is this Sylvie? I don’t sense anyone like you on the planet.”

 

“She’s off-world. She’s trying to increase her strength as we speak. She left the cultivation of this planet to me and the right to pick the father head. That was until that being intervened and modified the condition to pick the one to help me in cultivating this planet to an Osmosian.”

 

“I covered a small part of this galaxy to capture any Osmosian I can lay my hands on but couldn’t find a single one or trace. And since I can’t leave the planet completely defenseless, I just accepted the cruel fate the Celestialsapien bestowed on this planet until you came along.”

 

‘So if I was still drifting above her planet, I could have just been captured and used against my will? That’s basically me running from one prison to another.’ Kevin thought as that left a sour taste in his mouth.

 

“I know how you feel even now. But, I feel if I say it’s for the sake of a greater cause, you would just leave,” Sophia said as she looked at Kevin, who smirked at her.

 

“You are not stupid, then,” Kevin commented.

 

“The only reason you even wield such power is because you have to be on this level with the privileges you have now to affect the planet and cultivate it with me. If only I wasn’t surprised and captivated with your appearance that began to enrich the planet, I would have just captured and used you anyway. It’s not my fault anyway; I had to be careful, where else will I find an Osmosian if I killed you by accident? The fact you know an ancient energy cultivation technique that I would have had to teach you first completely left me stunned as I watched your performance.” Sophia concluded with a helpless sigh.

 

“And that time I didn’t act was enough for you to become the father head of the planet and gain the abilities you have now.” Sophia finished with a shrug.

 

Kevin looked at the ethereal figure for a full minute before reflecting on what she said for another minute. With a simple thought, Sophia’s ethereal figure became a solid mass.

 

“Whoa, what are you planning to do?” Sophia asked with concern on her face but was unaffected by the cold water still.

 

“Nothing for now. Is it not respectful for you to grace your saviour with your body?” Kevin questioned.

 

Sophia didn’t answer as her face became red. Kevin could now see how she looked now since she wasn’t wearing armour in her solid form. She still had long black hair that reached her feet, olive skin, a black coloured iris, and a beautiful round face adorned with diamond earrings, she wore a tight-fitting red dress that resembled an evening gown, and she had dark diamond bracelets on each wrist, she didn’t wear any footwear but had gold anklets on.

 

“Oh, I meant your presence!” Kevin corrected himself when he saw Sophia’s reaction.

 

NEXT CHAPTER: UNLOCKING CHROMA…


CHAPTER PREVIEW:

“I am already excited to try this out.” Kevin said as he looked at his palm then took a deep breath and placed his palm on the ground.

Light green crystals that reflected the sun grew from the ground all around him as he didn’t even need to turn into a Petrosapien. The crystals grew quickly and formed a small mansion with large windows and a large door. The guards inside were in awe as they saw a living space being created out of nothing with crystal furniture inside, the fairies outside cheered as they watched Kevin’s creation.

“Now, you may go outside. I need to be left alone.” Kevin ordered as he floated an inch above ground. The guards nodded and left through the large door.

4