CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: CANON STARTS!
22 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: CANON STARTS!

 

 

“For months now, someone has been leaking the details of our secret operations to the authorities!” A humanoid-like alien with a peculiar face, having one huge slit eye and its brain exposed but protected by a thin transparent membrane, beige-coloured skin, and black hands, reported dutifully. This alien is known as a DNAlien.

“I have new information of interest… We have found the source of the leak!” The DNAlien reached behind it and presented a circular device that projected a full-colour image of a greying man with a red beach shirt.

“This is Max Tennyson! We have had trouble with him before,” the DNAlien added, while a giant alien with white skin, a purple face, black hands, and unfolded wings that were in full display listened to what the lackey had to report. This alien is commonly known as a HighBreed.

 

HighBreeds normally see themselves above other races and despise any other race. The HighBreed stationed at Earth didn’t like the news his lackey brought and decided to act.

“This will be the final time he troubles us.”

 

It was fine weather to play the game of football (soccer); the sky was blue, and the commentators were doing their best to communicate the live game of football being played in Benjamin Tennyson’s school.

A boy with short dark hair, a red jersey, and black shorts dribbled his way through the midfield but was stuck with the defenders in white jerseys and green shorts as he looked over his shoulder for passing options.

“Pass it to me, pass it to me,” a teammate with full red (strawberry) curly hair and glasses, seemingly offside, requested the ball to be passed to him.

“Come on, I am open!” the boy demanded the ball once more. The boy with short dark hair looked at the scoreboard; this was the dying minute, and his team was down by one goal. Any goal from him now would make him the talk of the school. He contemplated his fantasy and a logical move to pass to his teammate for an assist that could also add to his popularity.

He opted for the latter option since the team needed this draw and lobbed the ball over the defenders perfectly to his teammate. The red-haired boy wasted no time as he accelerated towards the opposition’s goalkeeper with ten seconds remaining on the scoreboard.

 

A young Benjamin Tennyson with brown hair, a white t-shirt with a black line tracing from the neck down to the waist, a green undershirt long sleeve, grey goalkeeper gloves, green shorts, and a pair of boots (soccer cleats) stared down the striker like it was just another day at the office.

The red-haired boy, with his experience in shooting, placed a nice shot just at the top left of the goal post which the vertically challenged goalkeeper surely wouldn’t be able to reach.

Ben, as if watching the ball move slowly, made an effort to catch the ball and succeeded. Once again, he had saved his team many times just like he had done over the years. Over time he had learnt to let the strikers score one or two goals against him from time to time before his parents would be considering that football scholarship. The boy is a simple kid; he just wants nothing to get in the way of his sumo slammers and especially his SMOOTHIES.

.

.

 

 

After the locker room celebration, Ben got on his bike and cycled to Grandpa's RV vehicle parked deep in a forest away from the hustle and bustle.

“Grandpa Max, I am back. Open up, it’s me,” Ben knocked on the door and peered through the windows. He expected his grandpa to be out now grilling some rodent he just caught or something.

Surprised at his absence, Ben bent to pick up a rock that hid a key and unlocked the door. It was dark inside the RV.

Maybe he’s asleep… and somehow locked the door from outside? Yeah right,’ Ben thought to himself as he searched the almost pitch-dark interior of the RV.

He opened the bathroom door to check if his gramps probably fell asleep on the toilet while reading the paper but met an empty illuminated bathroom. Sighing inwardly, he was about to close the door and was greeted by a DNAlien that just waited for the right moment to jump-scare the boy.

Shocked that an alien had made its way into the RV, his years of dealing with alien threats without alien transformation kicked in as he inspected the alien first just to know how to deal with it if he had come across it before.

Without any further introduction, the intruder released tentacles from its abdomen as they shot toward Ben with the aim of capturing. Ben’s reflexes have come a long way and it would take something of great speed to catch him unawares without at least reacting to it. Ben rolled away as if he dodged in a game and slammed his right palm on his left wrist to transform into an alien to help him out. To his failing memory, he had removed his Omnitrix for some time but luckily it was somewhere in the poorly illuminated RV.

“Oh man!” Ben complained as he dodged another tentacle attack. Ben continued dodging and tried to find shelter under a table which the intruder gladly removed and roared at him. Running away again just before the alien was about to throw the table, Ben made himself scarce and prompted the alien to look for Ben again carefully.

Now it was Ben's turn to jump-scare the alien intruder.

“Peekaboo!” Ben said with a smile on his face as he pressed the nozzle on the fire extinguisher in his hands. The intruder protected its face as it retreated backward slowly till it jumped out of the window from the passenger seat unsure of the attack since it was taken by surprise this time.

“That alien was looking for something Grandpa, but what?” Ben asked himself as he continued his search in the RV not concerned about the return of the intruder. Ben soon found a circular device that projects holographic messages and turned it on. The familiar appearance of his grandpa appeared.

“…Oh, don’t worry about the Omnitrix It is completely safe and with me, they will never get their hands on it. Say hello to your cousin Gwen for me. Love you Max out.”

 


 

Author's notes:

NEXT CHAPTER: FISH FACE.

"...Gwen having fought her own share of alien threats already had some amount of combat experience on her belt which boosted her reaction time as well. Grabbing a hold of the boy’s careless right swing was easy for her and slamming his body down on the mat the next instant was just taking candy from a baby at that point. If that was all she did maybe the blonde could recover and show her some moves but he is not that lucky.

As nimble as a cat, Gwen gracefully cartwheeled while holding his arm till she landed with precision on top of the boy as if to tell him to look her in the eyes and accept defeat..."

Read up  20 chapters ahead on patreon.com/heavenlyenel.

Thank you to Winter_Metor, Primera Blessed Mortal. 

 

Remember, stay positive, Heavenly Enel appreciates his followers.

2