CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: THE POWER OF YOUTH.
91 5 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: THE POWER OF YOUTH.

 

Those golden flames just now were hotter than any fire-style technique I have faced, and I have battled and defeated quite a few fire-style users,’ Guy thought.

 

“Young man, I see your golden flames burn with youthful energy and passion!” Guy declared loudly as he approached Gilgamesh, who was balancing on the flowing river with one leg.

 

“I am the noble Blue Beast of the Hidden Leaf Village, Might Guy!” Guy introduced himself with a smile as he pointed to himself with his thumb.

 

Hmm, Captain Yamato doesn’t seem to be out of commission from what I can sense now. So this might not be an intruder. But why did he have to break the barrier? Captain Yamato would just have more work to do. His chakra flows evenly and rapidly around his body as if he is waiting for someone to…’ Gilgamesh thought as he balanced properly on the flowing river.

 

“It’s an honour to be in the presence of the village’s noble Blue Beast, Might Guy. I am Gilgamesh,” Gilgamesh simply replied.

 

“Well, would you look at that? Someone knows their manners and how to talk to their seniors,” Guy commented.

 

Yamato suddenly appeared between them, “Might Guy, this is the boy I talked about. Gilgamesh, this will be your new instructor for now,” Yamato concluded and used the Body Flicker Technique to leave.

 

“Speaking of which… You know, it is like your body has been blessed by the heavens or something!” Guy said, wearing a serious expression and a hand on his chin as he crouched near Gilgamesh on the flowing river, inspecting his body with the eyes of a taijutsu expert.

 

“Hmm, have you done any form of taijutsu with Kakashi?” Guy asked, getting up.

 

“Just a small sparring session. Is there a problem?” Gilgamesh asked but was interrupted by Guy who grabbed his left and pressed firmly but with caution.

 

My God, it's just as Kakashi said. His body is more than just durable. It’s like it was built for high-level intensity battles. But he is so young, is this the naturally born body for taijutsu my father talked about?’ Guy was in deep thought and left the flowing river.

 

“Follow me, young man,” Guy said as he went inside the forest opposite the river.

 

All this time, Yamato has been watching them closely, ‘So with just a glance, he could already tell Gilgamesh’s body and physiology differ from the norm. If we were to train his age mate alongside him it wouldn’t even be fair for friendly competition,’ Yamato thought as he left the tree he perched on to assist his clone with the barrier repair.

 

“Alright, that’s how you do handstand pushups. Do you think you can do it?” Guy asked after showing him different variations of pushups and how to do a handstand.

 

“Don’t even bother with that now. For now, just try to do a thousand normal pushups,” Guy said, interrupting Gilgamesh who would usually want to accept any challenge.

 

Gilgamesh began to do pushups, and Guy joined him but did one-arm pushups instead.

 

“Alright, you are doing well. You are already at five hundred, keep going,” Guy said as he encouraged Gilgamesh while doing his one-arm pushups.

 

Gilgamesh finished doing a thousand pushups, but Guy shook his head. He explained to Gilgamesh that he shouldn’t use chakra to help him out and applauded his chakra control but wanted him to task his physical body instead.

 

“What if you are low on chakra and weakened? The only thing that will save you is your will, wits, and taijutsu,” Guy stated as he looked at Gilgamesh who had drenched the grass below him with sweat.

 

“I… said… won’t… lose…. Again… Kakashi’s… clone… doesn’t count!” Gilgamesh said as he kept pushing himself to the thousand mark with good form.

 

“Ho, you also want to compete with Kakashi? You are a hundred years too early for that. He is my rival after all,” Guy said continuing his exercise.

 

“Rival? Then, I will have no problems surpassing you first then!” Gilgamesh said as he finished his thousandth push-up.

 

“That’s the spirit, young man. But do you have what it takes to stop the mighty Blue Beast? Alright, keep up with me,” Guy said as he began jogging.

 

“Already? Don’t we need…?” Gilgamesh wanted to complain but followed after him. The duo continued jogging around the barrier perimeter and avoided the river to limit their use of chakra.

 

The duo started an hour before noon but finished at six o'clock in the evening with non-stop jogging.

 

“Amazing, you could keep up. Good job, kid! Let’s go eat at the fire, I smell something good. Captain Yamato must have cooked something special,” Guy said but turned to see Gilgamesh doing pushups.

 

“This is the power of youth! Let me join you, young man!” Guy said as he followed Gilgamesh to work out again. After completing another thousand, Gilgamesh just lay on the floor breathing hard.

 

“For a kid, you are quite the monster! But don’t think I will hold back; we have the springtime of youth that will see us through!” Guy said as he carried Gilgamesh’s body to the fireplace.

 

****

 

“What did you do again, Guy?” Yamato asked with a deadpan expression, overlooking the fire.

 

“Well, it wasn’t me, he was pushed… BY THE POWER OF YOUTH!” Guy proclaimed.

 

“What do you mean…” Yamato asked as he casually turned to see Guy laying Gilgamesh’s unreacting body on the floor much to his horror.

 

“What… WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?” Yamato asked with a shocked expression as his heart rate began to rise.

 

“Don’t worry, he just needs to rest tonight and he will be back as new!” Guy said as he showed a full-teethed smile and a thumbs up.

 

“…This job is bad for my health; I feel myself aging with every surprise,” Yamato muttered to himself.

 

“Fine, until he wakes up, no food for you,” Yamato said and poured himself a fresh serving of soup.

 

“What’s all the ruckus about?” Gilgamesh got up and walked over to the pot hanging over the fire, picked a bowl, and offered it to Yamato as he normally does.

 

“You… you’ve recovered already?” Guy said as he inspected his body.

 

“Captain Yamato, please, I am hungry,” Gilgamesh stated, and the stunned Yamato nodded and poured him his serving.

 


 

Authors notes:

My apologies, the wifi wasn't connecting properly and I couldn't upload yesterday.

 

 

NEXT CHAPTER PREVIEW: KAKSHI’S COLD SIDE AND A NEW ADDITION TO THE ANBU.

“...Guy reached there first and began knocking down ninjas left and right. The leader of the double-crossing group began to retreat at the sight of Guy mowing down their numbers.

Kakashi wasted no time as concentrated lightning gathered at his right hand. As he ran, momentum was added to his lightning technique, known as Chidori, and he ...” 

Read ahead on the Patreon@patreon.com/Heavenlyenel

Have a beautiful weekend!

 

9