CHAPTER NINETEEN: KAKASHI’S COLD SIDE AND A NEW ADDITION TO THE ANBU.
86 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Recently, Danzo and The Third exchanged messages about a two-sided mission against the Prajñā Group. They were expecting a double-cross and needed to show an example to others that the village was still capable and would not tolerate any disrespect, even after losing their Fourth Hokage. The Third didn't always agree with Danzo, but this mission was important, and they would take swift and extreme measures to ensure its success.

 

The mission was all about exchanging scrolls, but The Third sent Might Guy as insurance along with a few decent ninjas for the exchange, while Kakashi and Itachi were to assassinate the group suspected of double-crossing Konohagakure.

 

Kakashi and Itachi were trailing the group from a relatively safe distance. They stopped to perch on a tree.

 

"We should eat too," Kakashi said, removing his mask and exposing the Sharingan in his left eye.

 

"Yes," Itachi responded to his captain, removing his mask as well.

 

Today was Itachi's first day as an Anbu member. The whole Anbu was surprised because this was the first time an Uchiha was becoming an Anbu member, and at such a young age. His father was filled with pride and honor and reminded him to always think of the clan and represent them properly in every mission he did, which Itachi heeded. But he still reported matters concerning the Uchiha to Danzo since he was under the root branch headed by Danzo.

 

"Even this is part of being an Anbu ninja," Kakashi said as he ate some of his rations so as not to lower the expectations of the Anbu recruit, who seemed eager to clear his mission.

 

"This is fine for me," Itachi responded and ate his ration.

.

.

 

Upon arriving at the location, it featured a few brownish hills, sparse vegetation, and an open hill. Guy and his group exchanged scrolls as agreed, but then the Prajñā Group and its ninjas thought it would be wise to take their scrolls back since they had the advantage in numbers. At that time, Might Guy's prowess wasn't known, and the group was about to be put in a world of pain… that would have been ideal until Kakashi and Itachi showed up in black fitted clothing and masks.

 

The double-crossing group of ninjas made an evasive jump as one of them used an earth-style jutsu to rain down large boulders continuously, using the hills around them as a source.

 

"Captain!" Kosuke Maruboshi, a chunin-level ninja, looked to Guy for instructions as the altercation began.

 

"They planned on betraying us from the start! Stay back, both of you!" Guy ordered as he prepared himself for battle.

 

"We will take it from here," a masked Kakashi said as he landed in front of Guy along with a masked Itachi.

 

"Earth style: mud wall!" Kakashi said, placing his hands on the floor as a large wall with three sculpted dog heads rose from the earth, protecting the trio from the large boulders that kept falling.

 

"You two run!" Guy gave another order to the ninjas in his squad created for this mission. The ninjas that followed retreated without question and left the battle to a more capable ninja.

 

"Rumour has it that you'd kill a comrade for the sake of a mission," a masked Itachi asked, addressing Kakashi.

 

"I will never let my friends get killed; that's why I was entrusted with this Sharingan," a masked Kakashi turned to answer Itachi while crouching.

 

"You… get away," Kakashi addressed Guy as he got up; he probably didn't want someone who saw him as more than a rival to see what he was about to do.

 

"Like I would leave the mission I was assigned to," Guy answered with conviction.

 

"Eight inner gates: Fifth gate of closing!" Guy said as his skin tone became a little red, and a warm green light covered his body as if shrouded in chakra. Itachi tried to block the little shockwaves coming from Guy's power-up.

 

Guy began jumping and running forward, using the falling boulders as stepping stones.

 

Itachi marveled at the way Guy moved his body effortlessly. "Admire him later; focus on the mission," Kakashi reprimanded Itachi and followed Guy to charge at the location at the top of the hill.

 

Guy reached there first and began knocking down ninjas left and right. The leader of the double-crossing group began to retreat at the sight of Guy mowing down their numbers. As they retreated, they saw two masked ninjas following them from behind but thought nothing of it since they were well ahead… until they saw those two masked ninjas in front of them. The ones behind them were clones sent to lead to where Kakashi and Itachi would ambush them.

 

Kakashi wasted no time as he concentrated lightning began to gather at his right hand. As he ran, momentum was added to his lightning technique, known as Chidori, and he passed his hand through the heart of the leader, who appeared to be a female ninja as her mask fell off and died immediately.

 

Guy collected a scroll from Kakashi with a smile, hoping to strike up a conversation or something with his rival but looked at Itachi in shock. Killing in the ninja world was normal, but in this mission, they overpowered the group that double-crossed them with talent, experience, and firepower. In Guy's mind, there was no need to kill them; he could just restrain them, collect the scrolls, and bring them to the village for justice if necessary.

 

Itachi stabbed any ninja lying on the floor that Guy knocked out since he and Kakashi made sure to get rid of their targets.

 

"Hey, Kakashi!" Guy beckoned Kakashi, since he was probably the captain of the two-man squad, to stop his subordinate from killing the ninjas.

 

"What kind of idiot calls an Anbu ninja by his real name during a mission?" Kakashi asked, with clear irritation in his voice.

 

"No enemy survivors remain, captain," Itachi responded with a blood-stained sword and body.

 

"Take the scroll and report back to the village," Kakashi addressed Guy sternly.

 


 

Authors note:

My laptop crashed again and had to be taken for repairs, hence why I didn't upload on Tuesday. 

Maybe a few extra Patreons and I can afford a better one that doesn't crash every three months?

I mean you are enjoying the fic, aren't you? Show some appreciation! Amazing fight scenes and feats lie ahead.

 

Read up to 20+ chapters on [email protected]/heavenlyenel.

 

8