CHAPTER TWENTY: PROGRESS.
81 10 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER TWENTY: PROGRESS.

 

 “Please, I beg you, Lord Third!” Guy pleaded with the Third for the twentieth time.

“No, I simply cannot remove such a talent from the Anbu. Kakashi is someone who can be said to be one of the many pillars that support this village. Are you asking me to let go of him like that?” The Third fired back at Guy who was almost crying at this point.

Might Guy was instructed by the Fourth Hokage to watch Kakashi in case he gave in to the darkness. This mission was something Guy was already doing by himself for free and happily before the Fourth called him. The Fourth was pleased with how Guy viewed Kakashi and trusted Guy to always be there for Kakashi.

Kakashi, over the years, has lost people important to him. His father killed himself because he aborted a mission to save his comrade. Even that comrade joined others in criticizing and mocking him which later became too much for his mental health and in the end, he took his own life. That event shook and changed Kakashi’s thinking at a young age.

Because of the mocking and death his father went through, he would always put the mission first before his comrades until he lost another. His teammate, Obito, died saving him and gave him a gift even as he was dying.

This gift is his own sharingan, an eye with ocular visual prowess that can read attacks like a book, copy techniques, handwriting even skills it can also be used to put one's enemy in an illusion and can be further evolved into a higher state known as the Mangeyko sharingan. The Mangeyko sharingan can do everything a sharingan can do better, it can also help in understanding jutsu better, elevate one's chakra control, a stronger lasting illusion, makes skill flow even smoother, and has a unique ability tailored to the traits of the beholder. This gift has been an immense help to Kakashi in his ninja career.

Soon enough he had to kill his last remaining teammate not because he wanted to but because his teammate, Rin, jumped in front of his lightning blade to end her suffering and save the village from the three-tailed beast sealed inside her. She was supposed to be taken to Konohagakure and unleash chaos by letting out the three tails but decided to stop that any way she could.

All these events messed up Kakashi’s outlook on life as he approached everything with a cold demeanor and The Fourth noticed this, hence why he gave him the job of looking after his wife and unborn child to take his mind off things and Guy to watch him too.

The Third eventually gave in to Guy's relentless plea and agreed to remove Kakashi from the Anbu only after two more years of service.

 

*******

 

Months passed by as Might Guy taught Gilgamesh various exercises and light hand-to-hand combat. Gilgamesh knew he was hiding better techniques he could teach him but didn’t push him too far since everyone would say he was a genius that appeared once in every generation.

Kurenai later took over from Might Guy to teach Gilgamesh current affairs and the basics of genjutsu at its foundation. Gilgamesh surprised Kurenai again with his learning speed and the wide range of his genjutsu that even affected her for a little while.

“My goodness. You are such a little monster, lil…” Kurenai wanted to call Gilgamesh by the nickname she would normally call him but stopped herself since she lost a bet to Gilgamesh about being able to learn genjutsu and putting her under genjutsu in a week of learning.

Putting Gilgamesh under genjutsu was out of the question but Kurenai accepted that challenge as the best Genjutsu user without having a dojutsu or special eye or visual ocular prowess in the village. She tried all her high-level genjutsu but none seemed to work.

There was a time when Gilgamesh was affected by her genjutsu but Kurenai later found out that he was only pretending.

“Ok, I will honour our deal. I will call you Lord Gilgamesh and not tell anyone that you are immune to genjutsu at least my genjutsu’s.” Kurenai sighed in defeat.

“It's fine, let us eat something at…” Gilgamesh paused and raced Kurenai to the fireplace Captain Yamato prepared.

Earlier, Gilgamesh had received another vision about a certain individual and his future, hence the pause.

‘I must change that man's destiny and bring him under me.’ Gilgamesh thought as let Kurenai beat him at the race to the fireplace.

“You are improving every day. It’s almost hard to see you as a kid anymore, look at you keeping up with me.” Kurenai praised Gilgamesh as he pretended to be breathing audibly when he arrived at the campfire.  

 

*******

 

Gilgamesh’s energies kept improving every part of his body daily along with his energy reserves. Gilgamesh decided it was wise not to show what he was truly capable of now but still knew he was capable of more since his memories kept returning to him slowly. All that Gilgamesh lacked now was experience to put him at the jounin-level. But he appeared to everyone as a talented Chunin who didn’t have any equal at that level.

“You know… your training is coming to an end. After Guy comes to replace me, your basic training would be over and you would have to take Chunin exams if you want or just attend the ninja academy.” Kurenai said as she ate her piece of fish.

“Hmm, if I pass the chunin exams, I become a chunin ninja?” Gilgamesh asked as Kurenai nodded.

“So, how does one become a jounin-level ninja?” Gilgamesh asked.

Captain Yamato stepped in as he gave Gilgamesh a bowl of soup and fish, “You are not even ten years old yet and you are thinking about being a jounin. You haven’t even yet taken the chunin exam that I, Kurenai, and Kakashi recommended to The Third which he approved. Relax and hang out with your peers, there is nothing fun about hanging out with older ninjas who would try to bully you, influence you negatively, or try to bring you down because of your talent and age.”

“So you are agreeing that I can become a chunin ninja at least.” Gilgamesh joked and Kurenai joined in laughter.

“Pssh, anyone can become a chunin and many even stay in that rank without the ability to move up.” Captain Yamato scoffed and ate his helping.

 

******

 

Gilgamesh soon succeeded in making Guy teach him the Eight Inner Gates but only at its foundation. Gilgamesh accepted and knew that his incredible mind would be able to uncover the rest and possibly modify its effects.

 

 

“Gilgamesh, the Hokage would like to see you now.” Captain Yamato said interrupting his training.

 


 

Authors Note: This apology goes out to mostly the readers of 'The Crazy Adventures of Kevin'. I haven't even uploaded all the chapters on my laptop to Patreon ever since I started practicing drawing since I also wish to illustrate the fanfics. You will find free posts of my recent sketches on my Patreon on Instagram. Feel free to criticize and point out errors, I am still learning after all. As for the chapters, I will try to balance the free time I have to write and draw to be consistent with giving twenty-plus chapters on Patreon, unlike the Gilgamesh fanfic that is about to reach chapter fifty.

Forgive my tardiness.

 

11