CHAPTER TWENTY THREE: TEST.
57 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE: TEST.

 

 

(Quick note: Please read CH 3 of 'The Slayer Adventures' on my Patreon(www.patreon.com/HeavenlyEnel), you can access it easily through the collections tab. It's free for reading, please hurry up and tell me what world you would like the MC to start in, or I'll make my decision by Saturday.)

 

 

 

"Alright now that we are alone as we should be!" The Third said as he scanned the area for any Anbu ninja staying too close to the office.

"Follow me." The Third said as he led the trio to a lower flower. He then led them to an open room with wooden tiles and cross ventilation. It was his personal training area so there was no presence of any Anbu ninja watching.

'Well nobody seems to be here. But one masked ninja is watching us from afar using binoculars. I at least have his chakra signature memorized for now.' Gilgamesh thought as he unconsciously scanned the area. His sensory range had increased once again after a year of training in various fields at the basic level.

"Alright Gilgamesh, I have heard reports from Kakashi and Guy, and they all talk about how good you are and how well you performed in your training." The Third began to address Gilgamesh as soon as everyone entered the room.

"…And to get Kakashi to say anything good about something means it really is good. I will check out…" The Third paused and looked at Gilgamesh who seemed to be frustrated looking at something.

"What is he…?" The Third thought and looked back through the wooden window behind but saw nothing. He then turned and looked at Gilgamesh whose expression turned calm slowly.

Remembering one of the traits of Gilgamesh, The Third quickly whistled and three masked ninjas appeared in three seconds. "Go check out that place." The Third ordered and the masked ninjas immediately.

 

"Ok, now I called you here to test you personally. You should consider this an honour. If you pass, you get to be a chunin ninja, if not you try again at the official chunin exams." The Third explained.

"Hmm, is that so?" Gilgamesh asked with a smirk.

"Didn't Kurenai teach you about the ranks concerning ninjas?" The Third asked.

"Yes, she did. Now what are the conditions?" Gilgamesh asked with his hands folded.

"Last ten minutes against me… starting now!" The Third said and charged at Gilgamesh who evaded.

The Third without any further explanation threw shurikens at the boy, Gilgamesh wasting no time, tried his modified wind jutsu. He simply waved his hand as if to block the shurikens but the shurikens stopped midair. Then Gilgamesh weaved hand signs in that same second.

"Wind style: gale palm!" Gilgamesh said as the shurikens that floated midair flew with accuracy and speed aimed at The Third's throat. The shurikens were blocked and cast aside by The Third using a kunai to defend himself. The Third was about to compliment Gilgamesh but saw Gilgamesh sliding under him the next instant.

"Konoha…" Gilgamesh uttered.

'Impossible…' The Third thought.

'But Guy didn't teach him any special taijutsu yet.' Kurenai thought.

'Don't tell me he just learnt it by seeing it only once? 'Captain Yamato thought.

"…Senpu!" Gilgamesh finished the name of his attack as a flurry of high and low kicks generated small winds, followed the force of his attacks and brought down The Third Hokage who became a victim to a barrage of kicks.

"Not bad, your bones are very tough and strong for a kid." The Third said some distance behind Gilgamesh.

Gilgamesh stopped his attack on a log of wood that had replaced The Third and responded quickly by throwing three shurikens off target and passed his coexisting energies to his feet as he appeared in front of The Third who decided to take the matter seriously and blocked Gilgamesh's punches that were also fueled with his energies. Normally he would swat away such attacks from a boy his age but Gilgamesh was different.

His punches were fueled by his energies paired with his body that had gone through mana refining felt like someone was just hitting his blocking elbows with a hammer. He couldn't swat them away to minimize the pain since his punches were coming fast. The Third was not going all out to give the boy a chance but he was at least fighting at a decent level that would make any chunin sweat and Gilgamesh was keeping up with The Third even though age wasn't on his side.

"Ho, interesting." The Third said as he decided to end the spar in the next two exchanges but sensed danger behind him and dodged. His experience as a ninja did not fail him as he dodged three shurikens coming for his throat.

"Tch, I was too eager." Gilgamesh admitted and made the chakra threads send the shurikens to his hand.

"I think it's pointless continuing this." The Third said as he dusted himself.

"Your taijutsu is sound. It's amazing what you are able to do in just one year of training. But training is not enough to become an excellent ninja, one needs to face adversities and come out on top and experience provides just that." The Third explained.

"From today onwards until a later promotion or otherwise, I bestow upon you the rank of a chunin ninja. If you can put him under genjutsu without him knowing, that puts you in the second position in the ranking of the top chunin as of now based on that alone. Welcome and serve the village to the best of your abilities. Stay here for your orientation that will be given to you by Asuma." The Third said after looking at Gilgamesh and Captain Yamato and began to leave.

"Wait, who is the best chunin now?" Gilgamesh asked.

"…Itachi Uchiha. You would do well not to disturb him." The Third answered after a small thought and left.

"You were amazing Gilgamesh. Don't tell me you learnt how to use chakra threads just from you seeing me use it today?" Kurenai asked as she approached her student happily.

"No, Kakashi taught me." Gilgamesh lied through his teeth with a smile.

"Whatever. You being a chunin is a huge responsibility. There are a lot of things you owe to the village and yourself. Ensure that you obey the…" Captain Yamato began to instruct Gilgamesh on his new role but Asuma entered the room.

"I believe it's my job to do that." Asuma said to the masked ninja who nodded and vanished from the room,

"Just look how Gilgamesh has grown." Kurenai said hugging Asuma.

"I know, he is not even ten and already a chunin, I am jealous already."

 

 

 

9