CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR: HEADBAND.
59 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR: HEADBAND.

 

Asuma took the whole afternoon to brief Gilgamesh on his new responsibilities as a chunin and how many missions he had to fulfill in at least a month. For now, Gilgamesh wasn’t given any assignment but was sent back to his previous lodgings with pay.

Gilgamesh arrived home through his window and saw a neatly folded shinobi outfit on the couch along with the iconic green jacket. There were also combat gears that included the kunai storage gear, shuriken storage gear, a small bag, a bag containing ninja pill rations, black fingerless gloves, black ninja sandals, a few paper bombs, a few exploding shurikens, a few smoke bombs, an empty sealing scroll and a note from Kakashi congratulating him and talking about achieving what he achieved as well at the same age, an invitation from Guy for training and a scroll about a basic lightning jutsu.

Captain Yamato had already taught Gilgamesh weapon safety and Asuma elaborated on it during his orientation since he was still a kid, so Gilgamesh already knew the proper way to store and use them.

“Wow, they already got here and delivered everything to my home,” Gilgamesh said out loud as he proceeded to soak his shinobi/ninja outfit in a washing liquid.

“Now,” Gilgamesh said and weaved the same hand signs that Captain Yamato weaved back at the camp outside the village. Gilgamesh placed his hand on the floor and black inscriptions spread on the floor and throughout the entire building. Gilgamesh controlled the inscription to only affect his flat as he poured more of his energies into the inscriptions and made the lines a bit more complicated than normal.

“I really should buy a scroll about barriers. I think that’s what I’ll spend my money on,” Gilgamesh said to himself and went to wash his shinobi outfit. The next morning came by quickly and Gilgamesh was already dressed in his shinobi outfit and left for the training field.

Gilgamesh kept practicing the lightning jutsu from the scroll until he sensed someone approaching and left immediately.

A black-haired boy with dark clothes featuring a symbol at the back that looked like a lollipop with a red top and white under looked around as if looking for something.

“Someone was here. But I can’t even tell how long because I can’t even sense any chakra signature even with my sharingan,” the black-haired person said as he began training with his clone.

“I better head for the Hokage’s mansion for my headband,” Gilgamesh said as he raced towards the mansion. Before reaching the mansion, he was stopped by Anbu ninjas dressed in dark-fitting shinobi outfits.

“Stop here. You are approaching the Hokage’s mansion, state your business,” one of the three Anbu ninjas asked as he looked again and saw a rather small person wearing a chunin outfit.

“Who the hell are you?” another Anbu ninja asked concerned if it was a spy or assassin who used the transformation jutsu to look like a kid.

“I am Gilgamesh. I am on my way to see The Third,” Gilgamesh said while looking at the three Anbu ninjas.

The Anbu ninjas looked at themselves and laughed for a while before coming closer to Gilgamesh.

“Listen, kid, I appreciate your skills in making it here, it shows you have the knack to be a good ninja with your chakra control but… please give your dad or mom their jacket back or they will be mad, you know,” one of the Anbu ninjas squatted near Gilgamesh and tried to pat his head.

Gilgamesh looked at him and sighed as he released some of his energy and flicked the ninja in front of him with a modified wind jutsu that got expelled from his body with his energy. The ninja flew for some distance before dissolving into a puddle of water (a substitution jutsu). This was the only jutsu Gilgamesh could perform for now without using hand signs and has been modified for various situations ever since.

The rest were on alert as they looked at Gilgamesh with different eyes. The three surrounded Gilgamesh and began to weave hand signs for a lightning barrier jutsu. Within seconds clouds gathered above Gilgamesh and struck him down in a contained barrier that reduced the damage to the surroundings to zero. They could have taken down their target quietly and stealthily but they were a group that were ruthless and thorough in their ways.

“The threat has been dealt with,” said the Anbu ninja who got flicked away earlier.

“Are you sure?” Gilgamesh asked while placing both hands on the necks of two kneeling Anbu ninjas who appeared to be dazed.

“What? Don’t tell me… You are the kid that put Captain… You put an Anbu ninja under genjutsu without them knowing?” the Anbu ninja asked in shock.

“Yes, I am. And if this continues… tch, the old man is already here anyway. Playtime is over,” Gilgamesh said and released the two dazed Anbu ninjas from their genjutsu.

“Huh? What do you mean?” the shocked Anbu ninja asked then looked ahead and saw The Third running at full speed along with some Anbu ninjas who surrounded Gilgamesh with their blades pointed at his neck.

With a simple gesture all the Anbu ninjas on the roof of a building near the Hokage mansion where the incident happened dispersed leaving only The Third and Gilgamesh.

“You again. What do you want so early? It’s not even seven yet?” The Third asked and scratched his back.

“The headband. You said I should come as early as possible and collect it,” Gilgamesh stated.

“What do you mean as early as possible? Anyway, you are supposed to follow the normal road to the mansion, book an appointment with the secretary, and wait! Only those who have clearing can use this direct route, didn’t Asuma mention that?” The Third scolded Gilgamesh as they made their way to the office.

“Did those guys hurt you?” The Third asked as he opened a box featuring different colours and designs of Konoha headbands.

“No, we just had a misunderstanding since I just wanted to collect my headband,” Gilgamesh replied.

“Alright take your pick,” The Third said as he walked to his desk and laid down his head.

“I’ll take the black one. It should be able to match with a gold design,” Gilgamesh said but The Third simply waved him off without looking at him.

“And one more thing. I would like to get scrolls on barrier jutsu,” Gilgamesh asked.

 

 


 

Read up 20 chapters ahead on patreon.com/heavenlyenel.

Thank you to Winter_Metor, Primera Blessed Mortal, and your stay as a Patreon. 

Check out my update on my drawing progress on Instagram (just search HeavenlyEnel) or Patreon for free.

7