CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE: BARRIER.
48 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

 

BARRIER.

 

 

 

The Third redirected Gilgamesh to wait in the lobby until his advisor Nara Shikaku resumed work at the office. It wasn't until eight o'clock that Shikaku arrived and had a bit of surprise on his face seeing a young blonde boy with red eyes wearing shinobi clothing waiting in the lobby with his arms crossed, eyes closed while leaning on the wall.

Shikaku entered the Hokage's office and left that thought for now. A few seconds after, an Anbu ninja appeared in front of Gilgamesh.

"I heard you are the new chunin in town making a mess on his first day. You are also rather young and peculiar, are you hiding your chakra on purpose because you are afraid of what the seniors in the Anbu might do to you." The masked ninja who was a bit taller than Gilgamesh asked but Gilgamesh kept to his previous position without even sparing the ninja in front of him a glance.

"Look, I am not your enemy here. They tend to pick on young talent like the both of us so just be careful with the way you act. Your presence and profile can be noticed easily from afar even though you hide your chakra because of your hair colour. Whatever you do, don't come here." The masked figure said and handed Gilgamesh a piece of paper and used the body flicker technique to leave.

'Hmm, picking on children to stroke their ego…' Gilgamesh thought as his energy spiked a little and the Anbu ninjas outside sensed it and took it as a yes to their friendly invitation.

.

.

"You are only telling me this… now?!" Shikaku asked The Third again after The Third briefed him on Gilgamesh.

"Are you sure this is even the best way to go about this? Shouldn't he be in the academy socializing with his age mates?" Shikaku asked again.

"Well, there's this prodigy from the Uchiha clan that suggested…" The Third tried to explain.

"You took advice from a kid concerning another kid? Yes, he has a point not to let his talent waste but, have you thought about developing him mentally too? You know the Uchiha aren't exactly known for their emotional stability. Just for them to advance their sharingan, they have to go through pain or negative emotions according to the data we have on them." Shikaku asked infuriated that The Third wouldn't even ask for his advice as his own personal advisor.

"It's like you want a repeat of a rogue ninja right? The young man is barely holding it together and probably frustrated. Now you are throwing a kid into the ninja path faster than your relationship progress with your own son." Shikaku fired The Third but mostly because he wasn't let in on this years ago.

Those words about the relationship with his son stung The Third but Shikaku apologized soon after he was done. The Third acknowledged his faults and called Gilgamesh into the room.

 

********

 

 

"Lord Gilgamesh reporting." Gilgamesh entered and introduced himself.

"Lord?" Shikaku asked with a smile and was somewhat relieved he wasn't like those young prodigies who have a cold personality about them.

"This is Nara Shikaku of the Nara clan and my advisor." The Third introduced Gilgamesh to Shikaku who simply nodded at him.

"You asked for scrolls concerning barrier jutsu. That's an interesting choice, most would be asking for elemental jutsus and even forbidden jutsu. I suggest you start with the studies concerning barrier jutsu before I even begin to release or sell to you any barrier scroll." Shikaku stated with folded arms.

Gilgamesh looked impatient and annoyed for a hot minute then calmed himself down, "Then where do I get these books for barrier studies?"

"At the library of course! From now on, you will report to Shikaku is that understood?" The Third asked firmly.

"…Of course, understood." Gilgamesh said as he was dismissed. As Gilgamesh walked through the halls and staircase he was getting stares from several ninjas until Kurenai came up to him with a scroll, hugged him, and left soon after.

'I'll read it later.' Gilgamesh thought as he decided to explore the village. He at least wanted to get the mapping of the village properly and find the library by himself. After thirty minutes of running through the village with great speed, he landed at the library and was greeted immediately by the staff after seeing his headband and his ninja registration number. He was escorted to a part of the library that had everything about the concept behind barriers.

After pausing every few hours to refresh himself and to eat as a growing boy he would come back to the library when the subject of barriers began to intrigue him more and more. He later read the scroll from Kurenai which stated that he had to report on a particular part of the village for his introduction.

He learned in a span of three days, the applications of barriers, their weaknesses, and how to modify them. He soon left for an assembly early in the morning for chunins on the fourth day.

The assembly was conducted by Asuma who introduced Gilgamesh as the newest active chunin. The rest of the chunin ninjas available were surprised that yet again another exceptional kid had met the requirements to be a chunin except for Itachi who looked at the kid and wondered why he kept hiding his chakra and assumed he probably wanted to be a scout-type ninja.

But Asuma also introduced his specialty as a sensory-type ninja which caused a reaction in the crowd.

"See, I told you that kid wasn't ordinary." Kamizuki remarked as he shook his mate's shoulder.

"Ah, yes. Who knew he was chunin material already?" Kotetsu replied with a smile. The assembly was over and a roll call was taken. A review of every chunins previous performance was taken and new assignments were given to some chunin ninjas while some retained their jobs because of their experience or direct order from the Hokage like Kotetsu and Izumo who stay at the gate and Itachi who is the Anbu but that information is only known to him, Anbu members, The Hokage and his father.

Gilgamesh was still left without a duty for now and was told to await his latest assignment which worked well for Gilgamesh. Some chunin ninja wanted to test out Gilgamesh's skill but by the time they turned to look for him, he was already gone.

'In my latest studies regarding barriers it seems like I still have to learn about seals as well to complete my move set.' Gilgamesh thought to himself.

 

Following closely but also not too far away, someone decided to follow Gilgamesh.

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Read up to 20 chapters of 'Gilgamesh Reborn in Naruto' ahead on patreon.com/heavenlyenel.

Read up to 10 chapters of 'The Crazy Adventures of Kevin' ahead on patreon.com/heavenlyenel.

 

10