Chapter 3: March
55 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

March

With the thawing of the snow comes the awakening of the world around them. The crops can handle themselves, and it as time for her visit. Almost like a puppy, they were excited for their arrival to the farm. Jay had taken to writing about their life now, trying to "work things out" on their own accord, while also leaving behind their story for others to see. It was tucked away in a nice corner of the house for now.

Jay explored the woods, looking for something specific. The ship had landed somewhere in the fields, but it had scraped the treeline on the way down. Parts of the ship could be cool to bring back. Maybe. Eventually, they stumbled across some parts of it, small things, like a rudder, or broken glass.

But they eventually found their way back to the crash site, and, surprisingly, so did Senna. She didn't notice them in the trees, not yet, so Jay simply watched her from afar.

Senna picked through the wreckage of the Terran ship, now decrepit and ruined beyond repair, though, as far as terran ships go, it's not like the margin for functionality was very high to begin with. They were essentially flying coffins.

She wrapped her vines around the ship, snaking inside of it, attempting to find something, a manifest, a cargo log. Curiosity was getting the better of her now, and she finally found...something. Small and light. A weapon.

Pulling it out with her vines and passing it into her hands, she took note of the ammunition. Completely empty, hm. Most likely not fired at Jay if that was the case...

Her investigation was cut short by the appearance of the terran themselves, looking confused. "What are you doing here?" They asked her.

"I was simply looking over your ship before coming to visit, darling, is that ok?" She saw something past him, the ground...lots of mounds, at least 4-5 in the dirt. They took note of her taking note of them, and attempt to reach for her hand, willingly. "I...I can't be here, ma'am. I'm sorry, but, I was hoping to come here alone today, and this has just...it-it's thrown me off. Can we go?"

Senna looks down at the terran, and grips their hand, gently. "You should face it now. Tell me what happened." She crouches down to be on eye-level with them, and Jay's eyes begin to well. Their lips feel cold, their hands feel beyond cold, dead in her own hands.

"I...I...all of them. They chased me, tried to grab me, but, I found it. It was in the cockpit, I grabbed it and just...just fired. More were coming, and I didn't have time to slow down, so I just, took off...I was stuck in that ship with them for days...their eyes just...they wouldn't stop looking at me, and...a-and..." They crumple into Senna's embrace, sobbing in agony.

Senna hushes them, slowly, and lifts them up, carrying them close as the both of them make their way back to the homestead. It hurt her to see something so hurt on the inside and outside...she thought about breaking the promise. Simply drugging them now and letting them escape into bliss, but...even with the implant, they'd never truly forgive her for that. This was the right thing to do, simply give them time.

The two of them slept together that night, Senna keeping Jay close and warm, not a single injection.

2