Chapter 6: June
42 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

June

Senna arrived the first day of the new month. She saw Jay sitting patiently in the doorway, and flowers. Beautiful orange flowers, just like her own. The seeds she slipped into the crop must have finally started to bloom, but, she didn't plant any so close to the house...she was so proud.

Jay practically ran up to her as she arrived, looking back at the flowers with her. "D-do you like them?" They asked nervously, a lump in their throat. The soft hug was all they needed, which was returned eagerly. "You like them..."

Sen looked down at Jay, smiling. "Lets sit out here for a while. Tell me whatever you wish." She strokes their cheek fondly, causing the human to blush and quiver in her embrace.

The both of them sat on the grass, well, Jay sat in her lap as the two of them talked for hours about each other's hobbies, their favorite foods, their friends, their family...

Jay's family. The topic was still sore, but they did their best to enlighten her. "During the war, we, uh...we were hiding out in a bunker, all of us, and...supplies were running out. They sent me out to get more, then...then they never opened the door again. They sold me off to the slavers for, uh, food, clothes. Turns out my mother was a great con artist, and there's no better tool for a conwoman than a steel door that locks from the inside. The slavers were dumb, I was dumb for trusting her, and she was...mom was a piece of work. I think the whole place got wiped out by somebody eventually, so, I'm the last one of us. Dropped my real name, dropped who they wanted me to be, too. Just Jay now."

Senna clasped their cheek gently, bringing their vision to her own. "You don't have to be. Wouldn't you rather be Jay Gol, 1st Floret? You could live with me, in a nice home, a safe one, all happy and drugged up, relaxed..." Jay lifts up from her lap at the mention of the drugs.

"Jay?" They stare out at nothing for a moment, before speaking to her directly. "I have a fear of being drugged. I'm afraid of true vulnerability like that, and what it will do to me. I still want to be this me..." Sen looks down at them again, then off into space.

"I know that it's scary. To...'give up', like that. But you have nothing to fear now. No secrets to keep, nothing will be able to hurt you ever again, my love. If you want to sit on the couch all day and play games, you can! If you want to do nothing but eat pizza for a week, I may not let you do that, persay, but if you're good..." Jay blushes, looking down at the ground. "The patronizing is really bothering me."

Sen sighs. "I'm sorry. But, my point stands. You can let your guard down, my love. You can be happy. You can relax with me. And you will always be you... no one can take that from you. I just want you to be...happier with being you."

There's silence between them both for a while, and then Jay leans into her chest again. "I want that, too."

0