02 – The new world.
42 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3 days later

 

The place where I am is an island, well that is a bit of an understatement since, according to the memories of the former owner of this body, this place is as big as a continent, this island is called Antares. In the middle of Antares is ‘The Lake’. There, there is something or something that maintains the level of magical essence in the air.

This was also a surprise for me, I thought they would call it “mana” but no, here it is essence and magic is not the only extraordinary thing that exists in this new world.

It can be used for something similar to cultivation, like the novels I read going to...I don't remember where I was going but I was reading it, I'm sure!

And we have this…

System, status!

STATUS

Name:

Lucius Corvinus

Race:

Human

Class:

Elementalist

Trend:

#ERROR#

Tier:

1

Level:

16

???

#ERROR#

 

Attributes

Strength

03

Dexterity

02

Constitution

02

Intelligence

#ERROR#

Wisdom

#ERROR#

Charisma

#ERROR#

Willpower

#ERROR#

Lineage

 -
Health points 8

 

Skills

Arcane

Perception

 

Natural Element

-

 

Three days ago everything was confusing and it went through my head very quickly, giving me little time to reflect. After jumping from the supposed cliff, he falls no more than 2 meters onto a pile of sand, missing the part of the pit from the real cliff by a good 15 meters. The group of women on horseback were, in fact, part of the Antares nobility known as Amazons. A group of elite warriors accompanied by a priestess of the Lake.

In short, I was rescued and taken to a city close to the lake where I must await the results of the investigations into what happened to the clan that this body belonged to.

The city looks more like a medieval village, but much more beautiful than it would actually be in my old world. I believe it's all because of the magic that exists here.

The houses have strange shapes, blending into the environment. Some have trees above the roof, others are on top of the trees, there is even one that reminded me of a scene from a movie...I don't remember the name of the movie but it was a house that took advantage of the hill to be built, anyone looking at it from afar would barely notice that below the lawn, where the small hill ended, there was a wooden door in a circular shape and very robust-looking.

Singular towers could also be seen everywhere, there were no walls or walls defending the urban area. And springs of water and clear streams were abundant in their midst.

Many green areas were distributed throughout the place and fruits fell from under their feet. For someone coming from the world I came from, such a scene was even absurd.

I was sheltered in a humble, aged-looking house on the edge of a peaceful stream and, contrary to what I imagined, neither giraffe nor guardian was left with me. Only one girl, no more than 16 years old, comes to bring me food at mealtimes, as well as leaving fruit and water.

The little house is a single piece, towards one corner there is an old bed with a mattress and a blanket, on the opposite side there is a large wooden basin at least one meter high, the bathtub of this world. The rest of the house is what would be the living room and kitchen, a large bench and a rustic wood stove.

At lunch time this day I was informed by the girl that I will be received by the priestess responsible for defending the lake. She will tell me my destiny and since I have already told the Amazons everything I know, I believe that I will be free to enjoy this life.

With so much time available I started to make a list of priorities, first to survive, that's obvious, but it also opens up a range of other semi-priorities such as work, housing, food, etc.

Second, learn magic! What it is?! I was reincarnated, well maybe reincarnated isn't quite the word, in a world of magic!! I hope I can make magic...

Third, but not least, but just more complicated…finding out which buggy system I have.

Yes, the system…in this world it is called the grace of the great mother and not everyone had it, but just having it guaranteed an above-average future.

People with the system were called awake or graceful, the opposite was also true, dull or asleep people.

 

—---------------------------------------------

 

At dusk the same girl who brought me food came back to take me to see the priestess. She wore a kind of dress that ended two feet below her knee in cream tones. One thing I have to say is that…I haven't seen an ugly person since I came into this world.

This girl really had light brown hair that, in contrast to the sun, almost shone in golden/honey tones.

Her eyes were deep dark green and her face was harmonious. Her body was in shape by my old world standards. Her name was Áhria, by the way.

I followed behind Áhria, following the contour of the stream towards a large white marble building in the center of the city…

After a few minutes we were entering the temple that most resembled the temples of ancient Greece with its pillars. From time to time we passed women training martial arts and others sitting as if in meditation. In my opinion, warriors and magicians who should serve as protection and at the same time were 'undercover'. We turned into a series of hallways and started going down some stairs…

‘Now I’m really screwed, this is going to the dungeon, for sure!’

 

While I was lost in thought, we arrived at a dark door as tall as the temple.

I looked at the huge doors and felt like someone had just kicked me in the gut. 'What am I going to do now? I don't want to offend anyone who can kill me just by thinking about it.'

  “Hey, wait a minute” I grabbed Áhria's wrist and pointed at her.

“Are you sure you brought this here to visit a priestess?”

I asked suspiciously as she looked at Áhria from head to toe, observing every detail. I'd been there long enough to know when someone would lie about something.'

Áhria gave me that “you stupid idiot” look, but she stayed silent. After all, I couldn't help but ask such a question. This was too much for me to handle.

"You know what? I don't care anymore. Come in or leave...I fulfilled my task by bringing you here.”

 

Saying this she disappeared back the way we had come. As soon as her silhouette disappeared I heard the sound of the door opening only to reveal a path of one and a half meters ahead that turned to the right where I could see some bluish lights. This light along with the greenish stone walls didn't help either.

"Boy! I don’t have all night, come in!”

Said a female voice from inside. Step by step I entered and made the journey to the light.

The room was very large, but if there was anything that stood out the most, it was the huge tree that climbed through an opening that went up to the sky. Next to the roots of this tree ran a small stream that ran down them, making little waterfalls. Further up, sitting on the roots was a woman wearing a light blue dress.

Her head and face were hidden behind a wide-brimmed hat with several feathers hanging from it. The rest of her body was covered by a light blue cape and hood. She wore a belt around her waist with three pouches attached, holding what appeared to be a staff and some items on the other side. This figure reminded me of illustrations from old stories. It was like those paintings when people worshiped ancient gods. This image, however, was much more real. Despite my curiosity, I decided not to speak until I was close enough. After all, I wasn't sure if she would be friendly or hostile. When I finally got close enough, I bowed in apology.

"Please forgive my rudeness, ma'am," I said. "But why did you want me to come here?"

She just laughed lightly and replied with a smile: "I can see you're curious. By the way, how long are you going to be standing there?"

0