Chapter 253: Everything is so sudden
119 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When the run finished, and everyone panted as they felt their bodies were exhausted and heavy, Mizuto was as calm as ever and even tried to push the PE teacher, who wanted to push him into the Olympics next year, but as it was held next year, then let's talk about it next year. 

"With your ability, you should be able to aim for the Olympics next year, right?" 

When the PE teacher left, Taki looked at Mizuto and asked. Frankly, he couldn't understand why Mizuto decided to join the concert band club, so he couldn't help but ask again, even though Mizuto's purpose was clear. 

"The Olympics is next year. I can think of that next year. This year, I will aim for the gold for the National at the concert band." Mizuto looked at Taki and said, "I will give my all to this club, so don't disappoint me, Sensei." 

"..." 

Taki sat in silence and stared at Mizuto, feeling pressured, but he knew he had to answer him. "You don't need to worry. It's something that everyone has decided, and I will give my all to lead all of you to achieve the nation." 

Like Mizuto, Taki also wanted to lead the concert band club to the nation and gain gold, so he knew even he had to become a demon and probably "hated" by everyone, but then, when he thought the pressure emitted by Mizuto, somehow... he felt like his method was much gentler than Mizuto's. 

Still, Taki shook his head since everything had to wait until Mizuto showed his skill with his oboe. Frankly, he knew that Mizuto didn't have experience with the oboe, but since Mizuto asked him what the wind instrument needed most in the concert band club was, he answered honestly. Mizuto probably had experience with another instrument; he wasn't sure which one, but as of now, Mizuto's focus should be on learning the oboe. 

"Since you don't have your musical instrument yet, just watch and observe."

"Yes, Sensei." 

Mizuto did what Taki said and just watched everyone train. Unlike before, he could say that everyone was working hard. When everyone was working while the others were lazy, they would be forced to work hard, too. He could see some upperclassmen trying to be lazy, but they couldn't escape Taki's eyes.

Watching this, Mizuto didn't say anything and thought that it was normal. After all, who among us has never felt lazy?

As for the system where the upperclassmen and the older gained the most advantage in this country, Mizuto had said that this system had its own disadvantage as it ignored the merit of the underclassmen, yet compared to the unreliable underclassmen, there was no doubt the upperclassmen had much more experience. Moreover, the upperclassmen also did their best to teach their underclassmen. Naturally, there were some that were misfits, but the majority were okay. 

In other words, everything has its own merits and faults. 

Still, while his purpose in joining the concert band club was to help Reina and watch her over, Mizuto also wanted to become the best since he had decided to do something, and if he couldn't become the best, then it would be a waste of his time, especially when he could use those times into something more special such as building his business, working out or going out with his women.

Nevertheless, due to his decision to join the concert band club, he chose the "Musician" as his next job, and like always, there were five active skills and two passive skills. 

This time, he was going to start with the two passive skills of the "Musician" job, which consisted of "Musical Knowledge" and "Musical Talent." Those two skills were simple and easy to understand since one gave him knowledge of all musical instruments and all related to music, and the other gave him the talent to become a musician. 

Still, compared to the passive skills, the active skills were as awesome as ever. 

"Melodious," "Voice," "Absolute Pitch," "Soothing," "Breathing." 

Those were five of the active skills of the "Musician." 

"Melodious," the first skill, was a skill that allowed all the sound that was produced, whether it was from his voice or musical instruments played by him, to be more beautiful. Moreover, while he hadn't confirmed it, it probably had a hypnotic-like effect, like a siren on the myth. Naturally, he could turn it on or off as using it might cause trouble for him. 

"Voice," the second skill, was a skill that allowed his voice to become more charming. While it might not be intended, his charm also increased due to his voice becoming better. Somehow, he could imagine that he could make any woman wet with his voice. 

"Absolute Pitch," the third skill, was a skill that gave him enhanced hearing and made him able to identify any musical note by name after hearing it, without reference to other notes. 

"Soothing," the fourth skill" was a skill that gave any sounds produced him a soothing and relaxed effect, making all of the people who heard those sounds able to recover faster and more energetically, and many positive buffs. 

'Somehow, it is more and more like an MMORPG.' 

Lastly, "Breathing," the last skill of the "Musician," enhanced his lung capability and breathing. Moreover, it also enhanced his stamina.

Yes, his stamina might be great, but it wouldn't hurt to have more, right?

Nevertheless, while this job helped him to achieve his career as a musician, it didn't mean he could become a master musician directly since he had never touched a musical instrument except for a recorder in his life. 

If he wanted to become the main member of the concert band club, he knew that he had to give his all to learning the oboe. Since he had gained the "Musical Knowledge" skill, he knew how difficult learning this musical instrument was. On average, one could only achieve a so-so result after four years of training. 

Yet, Mizuto was confident that he could master this musical instrument soon. 

Still, even with his participants, the concert band club continued, and everyone did their best in training. Naturally, some, especially girls, tried to approach him, trying to get to know him by asking various questions, and he answered them perfectly. Still, fortunately, Taki was there, or else they wouldn't be able to focus. 

However, as they would be part of the team, Mizuto decided to activate the "Study Group" effect so they could learn faster. 

Watching everyone quiet, the club soon ended in the evening. Changing back into his uniform, he didn't immediately go back since he had made an appointment with Mizore, as she would help him to choose which oboe was better. While this might not be necessary since he could buy it from the "Store" skill and use the "Identify" skill and the "Musical Knowledge" to choose the best oboe, he thought that it was still necessary to have a good relationship with the only oboe player on their club. 

"Mizuto-kun~!" 

"...." 

Still, when he walked out of the changing room, Akatsuki greeted him cheerfully. While he was speechless, he wondered what he should say, but then he patted her head gently and asked, "You haven't gone home yet?" 

"I haven't since. I am surprised that you have decided to join the concert band club." Akatsuki looked at Mizuto curiously and asked, "Have you played a wind instrument before?" 

"No." 

"...then?" 

"I can learn." 

Akatsuki stared at Mizuto for a while and knew that his decision to join the concert band club was due to Reina as he wanted to protect Reina there. She had to say she was a bit jealous, but at the same time, she knew that she hadn't chosen the wrong man. "Do your best~!" 

"I will." 

While Mizuto was surprised by Akatsuki's sincere support, as he expected that she would be jealous or something, he also knew that this girl had slowly grown and tried her best to become a special existence for him. 

Kissing her forehead, Mizuto made small talk with Akatsuki as they walked, telling her about his plan and telling her to be careful. 

"I will be fine, but Yume might notice something strange, you know?" 

"As expected, huh?" 

Unlike Akatsuki, there was no doubt Yume would ask why he had decided to join the concert band club so suddenly. While he was able to hide what he was doing behind Yume until now, he knew that if this continued, everything would be revealed. 

"Then, I will go back first. Do your best, okay~?" 

Akatsuki wanted to kiss him, but Mizuto was too tall, so she couldn't reach him, but fortunately, he lowered his head, causing her to smile and peck his cheek. 

Still—

"By the way, don't you want to stop at the clubroom first?" 

"..." 

Like Yume, it seemed Mizuto had made Akatsuki become a pervert, too. 

5