Chapter 3: Viking Online
58 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3: Viking Online

Snow slowly fell on the ground. The Leoheart city was as beautiful as ever.

This was the wonderful and majestic continent called Alvensia, one of the most modern and high-tech places to ever exist. The capital city of this continent was Techtopia.

One of the cities present within this capital country, LeoHeart, was practically a tourist attraction. This city was living in the future.

BizzarTech's headquarters were located in LeoHeart, a tower-like structure with a red pillar made of light constantly being radiated through its top, illuminating the night sky.

This was the tallest building in the entirety of LeoHeart City. One could just imagine the amount of money used to make this building.

The screens on the top floor of this headquarters constantly flashed the scenery within the game. The clicking sound of the keyboard constantly echoed.

In the middle was a man constantly monitoring all of this. He possessed black hair that reached his shoulders, smooth silver glasses, and a formal suit. This man was the president of BizzarTech, Jonh Gherman. He was something similar to a superhuman, who could at a single time focus on multiple things.

Moreover, the glasses he wore were also aiding him in monitoring things out of his reach. The amount of toll and stress on his brain was something scary to even imagine.

For a second, he was completely lost in all the data, rapidly being transferred to his brain. So much so that he didn't even notice his assistant coming near him.

"Sir Jonh."

"Ah, Bardolf, it's you." Still keeping his eyes on the screen, Jonh spoke.

Bardolf was one of his most trusted assistants, a man who was in his sixties.

"Well, one of the Lords wishes to meet you." An annoyed look appeared on John's face as he heard these words.

"Sigh, so troublesome... Put it on the big screen."

Suddenly a holographic screen popped out in the middle. But no workers were surprised, as they continued their work; this was some real dedication.

"Jonh..." The image of a bald Viking with a muscular body appeared on the screen.

His calm and collective image was immediately destroyed by sudden rage.

"A bastard that goes by the name Liam! His Alias is 'IKissedGreatRagnor'sDaughter!' Kidnap him, somehow bring him to my abode!"

Jonh almost fell to the ground when he heard these words. Ragnor, the Viking Lord Ragnor! Who was this Liam guy?

"Father!" A tender-looking woman immediately appeared beside Lord Ragnor. Her face was flushed, so much so that she was looking like a teen who was madly in love. For a second, he thought that her frosty eyes had turned into a heart-shaped pupil.

"Sir Ragnor, even if I give you his details until that Event starts you can't do anything to him," Jonh said as he wiped the beads of sweat on his face.

"I don't care!"

"Husband! Don't make a big deal out of it. We finally found a candidate for our daughter." John's face paled even more. With this, the large holographic screen disappeared.

"What in the actual fuck just happened!?"

Bardolf felt like a heart attack was on its way. Adjusting his glasses, which were about to fall, he looked at Jonh.

"Quickly, search up this Liam guy!"

"Alright, sir!" Nodding his head, he quickly rushed towards one of the computers and at his max speed started typing. Soon, within a few minutes, Liam's profile popped out.

"He... isn't he the person who rejected the offer of beta testing? Liam Roschfild!"

When Jonh looked at the Alias, he almost facepalmed. But he also simultaneously was shocked.

"Level 2?! And he's halfway going level 3?! What kind of monster is he? In two hours, he managed to reach this level!"

"On top of that, he just possesses basic Soul Weapons and did not receive any special treatment too. He has already achieved 100% basic Mastery over three weapons."

"Haa..." Jonh was having mixed feelings. A part of him was happy, but another part of him was absolutely stupefied.

"Hmm, he sure is quite the looker," Bardolf commented.

"Indeed..." Jonh agreed as he looked at the player image. A young man around the age of 17, with light brown hair and golden eyes, was what was seen. His confident smirk on the face just contributed to his charm.

"Will he be one of the pillars of humanity?" Jonh's interest had been piqued. This young man was promising, and his status screen looked very handsome with all those amazing stats. Only if the Alias, 'IKissedGreatRangor'sDaughter,' was removed, then this player interface would have looked even more beautiful.

"Haa, if troubles didn't follow good things, then this world would've been a work of fiction, a beautiful fantasy."

With a helpless smile on his face, he continued to monitor all the other workers and screens.

...

(2 hours ago)

"Ahh... This is amazing!"

Marcus felt the cold breeze touching his skin. He was present in a grass field, barefoot. Thankfully, he was at least wearing a yellowish-brown tunic, a leather belt, and trousers, making him look like a Viking boy.

His smile grew as he took one step forward. Slowly two steps, and then three steps...

His smile had widened greatly.

"Such technology exists?!" A surprised laugh escaped his mouth. Though it looked like he received the strength of his real-life body, it did not matter. He could gain stat points and strengthen his avatar; he could be a normal person again!

As he walked forward, he spotted a hut. This hut was the only building nearby. Taking a deep breath, and after hesitating for a few minutes, he decided to enter it.

A normal person would've thought about this longer, but Marcus couldn't afford to. He literally couldn't afford it. Taking another deep breath he walked forward, placing his palms on the wooden door attached at the entrance of the but.

His motto while entering this game was - "I'm here to make a profit, not enjoy life!"

2