Chapter 2: His and Her thoughts
65 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At the top floor of WW Technologies building at a CEO White's office

"Melissa starting today I will be assigning an assistant to you. You will be responsible for training her and showing how the company works." CEO White said to her assistant Melissa without any emotion with a straight face.

"Why? Am I not doing a good job as your secretary?" Melissa asked as tears are already welling up her face. Her breathing became haggard as if it was hard to breathe and her face sunk into despair as it turned pale.

CEO White replied, "That is not the case Melissa. We have been classmates in college and I know you are overqualified for this position. I offered you the job of being a department head but you vehemently disagreed and decided to stay with me as a secretary." Before CEO White could finish his sentence Melissa reacted.

"Then why? Why are you getting another assistant if I am already qualified to do everything for you?" tears are now streaming on Melissa's beautiful face, she tried wiping away her tears with her hands and covering her face but to no avail, the tears just won't stop. Her sobbing was the only sound that could be heard in the still and silent room.

"Don't misunderstand Melissa." CEO White stood up and took out his handkerchief while walking towards the crying Melissa.

"I am not removing you from this position instead I want you to learn to delegate the work to lighten your burdens in the company. You are only one person and the things you are doing are too much. This will also benefit your health and well-being." CEO White handed the handkerchief to Melissa who finally stopped sobbing when she heard what he said.

Melissa took a deep breath and muttered. "But I'm doing this on my own volition because I love you." Her head hangs low and her voice as soft as a mosquito.

"Did you say something, Melissa?" CEO White questioned her while he was walking back to his chair to sit down.

Melissa hurriedly replied, "Nothing, I'll do what you say then." Saying as if accepting the job given to her she sighed with a heavy heart.

"Good, good. This is also good for you. You have been spending too much time in the office. This way you can have more time to spend outside with your friends or maybe get you can get yourself a boyfriend." CEO White beamed with a smile while saying these words.

Melissa could only dumbfounded look at Williams' handsome smiling face. This unfeeling and cold-blooded man smiled at her for the first time. It was a genuine smile unlike those he showed to his employees or other people.

Melissa's mind was now upside down, thinking that her relationship with William has become closer and that she has a chance to be more intimate with him. What she thought was not possible and was just her dreams might come true, her thoughts wandered and her crying face was now blushing red as she continued her daydreaming.

On the other hand CEO, White was thinking worlds apart from Melissa. He was excited that he will be able to keep Mia close to him and avoid other men buzzing around her. He now has a mischievous grin while thinking of plans how to get closer to Mia.

"Okay, Melissa you can go now. Teach her to be your assistant. I would like you to handle everything and train her so that she will be able to handle everything and be as competent as you in her job. I am expecting this from you, Melissa." CEO White said nodding his head and dismissing Melissa while Melissa who is still up in the clouds with her thoughts did not even realize how she was able to get back into her own office.

She was beside CEO White's office, it was designed this way so that if he needs her she could at any time be by his side. Her one-sided love started since they were in college. The first time she saw William stepping out from the black Aston Martin sedan looking all confident while walking without minding the stares of people as if they were beneath him, she could not take her eyes away from him. From his handsome face, his perfect masculine body, his long and slender legs which made him look like a model was very eye-catching at their school.

It was not just his physical appearance which was attractive. He was smart and athletic, although he did not join any clubs because he was busy with their family's company, it did not take away the fact that whenever he joined an event it would always be fully packed and sold out to people. People from inside our outside the school considered him their idol and the number one pick for four years running as the most handsome and eligible bachelor at their school.

She was only able to get close to him because they were in the same department and their projects would always coincide with each other. She always thought she was lucky but now she was thinking that maybe it was also fate.

Melissa always felt that she was not comparable to William but in their company, she was the most beautiful person. She was elegant and graceful, her oval face with her clear and white skin which can only be described as perfect. You can see that she took care of her skin as it was glossy and healthy. Her hair was shiny black and long that reached her lower back. Although she liked to keep it down most of the time she would sometimes tie it up to different styles which can be considered as a different flavor and all the males in the company would swoon over her.

She graduated from the same prestigious school as William, her scholastic achievements were only second to him. She was smart and her body was like a goddess. She had all the curves at the right places and her height was like a model.

People in the company thought that they were the perfect couple as they were together most of the time. They could only sigh and appreciate the fact of how those otherworldly people can exist in the mundane world such as theirs. Working in the same space was a privilege other people could never get.

0