Chapter 3: New employee (1)
62 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Mia's point of view]

I walked into this big majestic building trying not to let it intimidate my nerves. This is the first time that I'll be entering a company as big as this, I was not sure what to expect. I've seen television series where the poor people are being discriminated by the rich. I stop my steps as I thought of these negative feelings but there is no going back. I started my steps and it felt good, this made me feel like an adult.

I reached the information counter on the first floor and said. "Good morning, I'm the new hire named Mia Hill," I tried to show my best smile and straightened my back to show confidence. The two front desk ladies then looked into the computer as if trying to find my information.

"Good morning Miss Hill according to the information here, you are supposed to go to the 30th floor and look for Miss Melissa Ford." The young lady smiled elegantly and you can see her pearly white teeth while giving the information.

"Thank you," I replied kindly and nod my head as a confirmation. I then walked to the elevator door while waiting for it to open.

...

While Mia was walking towards the elevator the two young ladies on the front desk started talking about her.

"This is preposterous, how come she was accepted to be Miss Melissa's assistant?" The first lady looked with a questioning gaze towards the other front desk clerk.

Also puzzled the young lady said "How am I supposed to know, did you see the information and job she was assigned? That was a newly made job assignment as it never existed before," Both ladies looking perplexed at the situation.

"Do you think she is related to the CEO?" the young lady asked her co-worker.

"But the woman was surnamed Hill, I don't think that the last name is any way related to the CEO." She was trying to figure out something as if she was even remotely related to the situation.

"Then is she related to anyone with the big bosses from the other departments?" The other girl with a questioning look then said, "If that was the case then more people should be in this company that is related to the bosses. You know that the CEO is very strict with the selection of new employees. If that was even the case then she should have been assigned to their departments."

The other girl nodded her head as if understanding everything that her co-worker said. "I still think this is suspicious, her degree and university are not even included in the top 10 elite universities in the country. Maybe she seduced someone who was higher up."

The other girl look flabbergasted by that statement. "Did you see her face? Are you blind? Do you think someone with that looks will be able to seduce the CEO? I mean, our CEO is super rich and handsome and he can get any girl he likes. He also has Miss Melissa beside him who is as gorgeous as a goddess."

The two girls who were gossiping so early in the morning then heard a cough in front of them. They both looked towards the noise and were surprised to see their CEO in front of them looking at them with a cold gaze.

"Stop gossiping and get back to work, both of you." That was all the CEO said as he went straight to the elevator.

Both girls were now covered with cold sweat as they were surprised to see the CEO so early in the morning and using the same way as normal employees. It was known that in the underground parking area of the building there is a special elevator that was only designated for the CEO which is why they were both surprised. The two girls looked at each other, sighed and were feeling lucky that they were not fired because of the situation. They went back to work without mentioning anything anymore.

The CEO while waiting for the elevator to reach the 1st floor was lost in thought. "This is bad, I never expected that the new position that I made will make the people gossip. I did not think this through but it is too late to rescind what I ordered. I need to take care of this so no gossip will spread about Mia. What kind of person do they think Mia is? She is not a slut who goes around sleeping with other men just to get into a good position. I should know since I know her best. She has always been a kind-hearted girl who can get along with anyone. She's a righteous and conscientious girl."

His appearance while thinking deeply caught the attention of the people around him. He forgot that he was not on his private elevator from the underground basement but with different employees, the ladies who were looking at him with hunger in their eyes. They look like hunters that were willing to prey on the lonely lamb.

On the other hand, Mia who was looking for Miss Melissa's office while greeting the other employees "Good Morning" was thinking that her job must be the miscellaneous things like getting coffee and snacks for her supervisor or colleagues. That was what she usually saw on television shows so she was under the impression that it was natural to be the "office miscellaneous slave" for the people in the office since she was the new employee.

1