Chapter 4: New Employee (2)
63 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mia once again arranged her clothes. She tried straightening some creases that she might have overlooked, her hair, her glasses then she posed and made a fighting stance in front of the door before she knocked.

Sfx *Knock knock knock*

"Who is it?" asked the person inside.

"Good Morning, My name is Mia Hill the new employee." She said out loud.

"Come in." the person replied.

While Mia was entering the room and once she closed the door, all the eyes of the people from the same floor looked at her. They had incredulous looks as if they ate a bug that tasted sour. They then began to whisper to the person next to them. The men who were partly interested just turned their back as if nothing happened.

An old-timer employee said to the person next to her, "Did you see that girl that entered Miss Melissa's office? I can't believe she got that job."

Office lady A replied, "I know right! Did you see her forehead? You can land a helicopter with how big that is!"

Office lady B interjected, "What do you mean helicopter? A plane might even fit there."

Office lady B continued, "and her clothes, it seems that she got it from a different era. How can a girl like that work here and look so unfashionable."

The old-timer employee then said, "Never mind her looks but she should at least wear proper clothes. Didn't she get a memo?"

Office lady A added, "It's okay to be plain but you have to be presentable!"

"That's right, that's right," said the other office lady as they chimed in with this early morning gossip.

Sfx *murmur murmur*

As Mia opened the door, to her surprise she found a luxurious looking office. You can see that the furniture inside was well put together and the design was exquisite.

"These must be expensive. I could probably live through one month with just the money I could get by selling that chair." She thought to herself as she looked at an ottoman.

As Mia was looking at the furniture around her Melissa was doing the same to her.

"I thought that there was something going on when William said he's assigning an assistant under me. Aside from this girl looking plain I can't see any defining features. He must have really thought of my situation and health." Once she looked at the girl from head to toe Melissa beamed with a smile as she thought this.

"Sit down Miss Hill. I would like to discuss with you the duties that you will do in the company." Melissa while saying this with a smile pointed at a chair in front of her giving this as a sign that she can sit down.

"Thank you, Miss Ford," Mia said.

This was the first time that she was able to focus on the appearance of her new boss and she was flabbergasted. Yes, she hasn't seen anyone as pretty as her in real life. She might have seen beautiful people on television but never face to face. What surprised her more was that her boss might be the same age as her. She couldn't help groaning in despair as she realizes that her boss' skin was so clear and smooth that you can't even see the pores no matter how hard she looked. She even took off her glasses, wiped them clean, wore them again however what she saw was still the same spotless porcelain-like skin.

Mia was scrunching her eyebrows while lost in thoughts on this beautiful lady in front of her. Melissa, however, did not mind as this was not the first time this happened.

"Since this is your first day, you need to get acquainted with the people in the different departments. Your primary job will be to coordinate schedules and get project materials from one department to another as they will be signed for approval by the CEO." Melissa said this in a calm and professional manner. Her aura was completely different from her beaming face earlier. This made Mia more aware of her situation and she focuses on what her job would be.

Melissa punched in a number and called for Donna. She was one of the office ladies outside of the office.

Sfx*knock knock knock*

"You called me Miss Ford," Donna asked with utmost respect.

"This here is Mia. I want you to give her a tour of the different departments. Introduce her to the other department heads as she will be a new liaison under my supervision. You should give her proper information so she can begin with her duties by tomorrow. Do you understand?" Melissa said.

"Yes, Miss Ford." She said and looked at the girl named Mia.

Melissa then said, "Mia go with Donna. Today, this will be your only job, however, be prepared for a hectic schedule tomorrow."

"Yes, Miss Ford." Was the only answer Mia could say in the situation. She was already aware that she would be a runner for miscellaneous things but she did not expect that it would be for the whole company. She sighed but accepted everything in defeat as this was her job. The salary that was also offered was higher compared to other jobs as a fresh graduate.

Both women stood and together they slowly walked out and closed the door.

1