Chapter 7: Relaxation
58 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mia's weekend.

Today is the weekend and a rest day, my normal routine at work was difficult at first but I was able to get used to the process. More often than not I just run errands for Miss Melissa like bringing documents to different departments to be signed. I never thought that a runner could earn this much but who am I to complain.

But today is a time for relaxation, I decided to give my dog a walk.

"Happy let's go for a walk," I called my dog and put her on a leash, she's a Maltipoo dog that I got from my parents as a present 2 years ago. It was a gift from my parents as I didn't have any siblings, they told me that this was a way for me to learn about being more responsible. Though there was something else I've discovered when I got her.

We walked around the neighborhood for Happy's exercise, following our routine we ended up in the local market section. There are lots of stores and small shops in this part of the district.

"Happy do you want to get some treats?" I looked at my dog and she was bouncing happily around me as if she understood. We always go to the local pet shop for her treats and grooming. She's a pampered little dog that's being treated like a princess but what can I do as I really like the atmosphere of the shop.

Sfx *clang clang*

The door opened and a bell sounded as it automatically closed. A well-mannered handsome man was smiling at the front desk while he greeted, "Good Morning Mia."

"Good morning Dr. Canes." I smiled widely as I was able to see him again after a week. He's really kind to the animals that he's taking care of. His gentle manner and soft-spoken words that he used to treat the hurting animals really makes him so attractive. I found this handsome man when Happy got sick one and a half year ago. I was not sure how or what she ate because she was vomiting all over the place. Our neighbors pointed his shop while we were asking around.

"Are you here for another grooming for Happy?" He bent down and reached for Happy while stroking her head. He then gently carried Happy and put her on the table to check her.

"Yes, and to get some treats too," I said while nodding my head.

"You're a really responsible pet owner." He said looking at me with his sincere and honest eyes. My heart skips a beat while looking at him with a gentle smile on his face. "You know how some pet owners even forget to bring their dogs for vaccinations, it's really sad because the pets will suffer in the long run. Even regular check-ups are needed for people, what more for animals who can't tell what they are feeling or where it hurts."

Sfx*guh*

I think my conscience was being hit by a hammer when he said that. I, who have ulterior motives for coming here, start to shrink back avoiding his gaze as I give a weird laughing sound.

Dr. Canes then said, "Well, then Mia you can go around the market or do your errands while I take care of the little princess here." He was scratching at her neck at Happy was enjoying herself.

"How I wish you'd treat me as your princess." I thought to myself.

Although I've been visiting his shop regularly, I couldn't get the courage to tell him my feelings. He is older than me by 7 years. He only seems to treat me as a good customer so what really scares me if I get shot down.

"Can I watch while you groom her?" I asked politely. Usually, people leave their pets for a while and come back at a later time, but I would rather wait here and watch him work seriously as he takes care of animals. There is something attractive when a man is working hard and concentrating.

"Of course," Dr. Canes said with a smile while carrying Happy.

I was there staring like an idiot while he shampoo, dry, cut and all the necessary things you do to a dog for grooming. I was, of course, enjoying myself with my weekly dose of eye candy. This store is not big, it only has two rooms and one of them is used as storage while the other is the place where he grooms the pet. There aren't many customers though he has his regulars who frequently visit.

Some of the people in our neighborhood would visit malls for their dogs' grooming but I prefer it here. It's quiet and peaceful so you can relax yourself. Best of all Dr. Canes is here. After waiting for about an hour, be brings out Happy while chewing on a treat.

I looked at Dr. Canes and he said, "She was very calm and relaxed while being groomed so I gave her a treat for being patient with me." He said while smiling and patting Happy's head.

"Okay, you're all set." I then followed him to the counter to pay but I while was walking behind him Happy was roaming around the shop when she barked.

Sfx *arf*

She was standing in front the toy section trying to reach one of the stuff animals on the shelves, but since she was small she couldn't reach it, she tried jumping but that did not help. I then laughed while looking at her, "good job Happy, we can spend more time here." I gave her thumbs up in my head.

We spent another 30 minutes trying to find her a toy and some treats. This gave me more time to spend more time with Dr. Canes. Sometimes dogs are better at sensing their owner's feelings, hehe. But seriously, I should stop buying her toys because they're already cluttered in my room.

0