Chapter 8: Sister (1)
60 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

William's weekend

Sfx"thud thud thud---bang*

"Sister, I finally found Mia," William said proudly while puffing out his chest like a peacock.

The "sister" that he called, slowly stood up and approached William.

William, who thought her sister will hug and congratulate him, closed his eyes, arms wide open while waiting for her warm embrace. But suddenly~

Sfx*thwack*

"Ouch, that hurts sister," William said while holding the back of his head. The "sister" hit him with a rolled up magazine with full force.

"What do you mean you finally found, huh? You were stalking her like an idiot like forever. I know Mia is a nice girl but you gotta have the balls to approach her." My sister, Stephanie said, while looking at me with disdain.

"Who uses a magazine for reading in this time of digitalized age?" William said murmuring with his head hung low.

"Did you say something?" Stephanie glared at William. "Seriously William just grow a pair and talk to her." She said exasperatedly. It seems this was not the first time they were discussing this.

"This time it's full proof as she is working at our company," William said while smiling like an idiot.

"And how did that happen huh?" Stephanie still glaring at William asked. "Wait, isn't Melissa your secretary?"

"Yes."

"You idiot, your making trouble for yourself." She said with a sigh.

"Melissa and I are not a couple, you know. We're just good friends." He said matter of fact.

"This idiot, you're so dense. Aish, a girl will never be just friends with a boy, okay? They are investing all this effort and time for you, do you think she doesn't want anything from you?" She was starting to roll up the magazine again as if going to hit his head any minute.

"So are you here because you want me to meet with Mia?" she asked questioningly.

"No, no. Rumors are already spreading in the office. I did not approach her the whole week because of the gossips." Although William said this with a sad face, Stephanie was still looking at him as if she did not believe him.

William suddenly flinched while seeing her sister's reaction then said, "I approached her once, that's all."

Stephanie was still looking at William as if he was still not being completely honest. William then said dejected, "I only approach her once because the first attempt failed, okay? Are you happy now?"

"This idiot brother of mine might be smart with studying but seems to have no common sense." She said to herself.

The siblings were obviously close since they grew up without their parent's supervision, as they were busy. The company was not as big as it was right now. They had to take care of everything themselves. Stephanie was only 2 years older than William, so as they were still both young they had to rely on each other to do the household chores. Their parents had this notion that by taking care of small tasks like household chores and food preparation will help them to become mature adults. They did not want their children to become spoiled rich brats in the future. They want their children to be able to survive in everyday situations, at the least.

"I wanted to give you an advance notice. I decided to join the yearly company get together outing." William said while pumping his fist.

"Okay," Stephanie said uninterested.

"I want you to come with me." He said as if it was only natural.

"We have not joined that outing ever since. Why do you think it will be a good idea to join it now, hmm?" Stephanie looked at me as if mocking my suggestion.

"I already made preparations, and you're a shareholder in the company, so it's your responsibility to come." He said as if this justifies everything.

"You speaking like that make me even more doubtful. You have a hidden agenda that's why your all gung-ho about this outing." She gave one last sigh as if admitting defeat when she saw William doing puppy dog eye look. "Fine, I'll go. And stop looking at me like that, it's disgusting."

"I bet the people who know you will look at you differently when they hear you talk like that," William said teasingly to his sister.

"As if, you're one to speak, haah~."

This is just a normal conversation the siblings would have when they are together.

"So what is this great plan you are talking about?" Stephanie asked, although she did not want to show it, she was still curious.

"This year we are going to the beach, so I decide the room arrangements for the hotel." William is saying.

"That is so cliché. So you're saying that you will put her in the room across from your room so that you will have the "chance" encounter every day?" Stephanie said mockingly.

"Close but no cigar. I'll put you close to her room so you can straighten things up." He gave a thumbs up as if the results will be successful.

Stephanie face palmed as she heard this idea. "Do you want me to end up together with her or what? So you want me to become the bridge, huh? So you come to your older sisters' room barging like an idiot on a rest day just to tell me to do more work for you, huh? AM I your slave or your older sister?"

William was starting to sweat while trying the slowly go back to where he came from.

"Stop right there, don't you dare make any more moves. You do know that she might not recognize me too, right? So what happens next if that happens?" she asked.

"What do you mean she won't remember you, you look like exactly the same, before and now make no difference." Before William could finish what he was saying, a magazine was already flying towards his handsome face.

Sfx*thwack*

0