Chapter 9: Sister (2)
46 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Stephanie's childhood has always been a sore spot for her, she has always been compared to her past self, without even noticing the changes with her appearance made her angry.

One person was apologizing on the floor while the other person was sitting almighty like a queen.

"I said I'm sorry. I was just caught by the moment and forgot to filter my words." William said with his head hung low. He knows he's the one asking for help, so he concedes to his sister.

"I don't know why you're so mad about it. You were so popular at school, all the girls were fawning over you. They were like little chicks following you around, all year round. So what's the problem? I remember them calling you Prince all the time." William said carefully, trying not to say something that will offend this older sister of his.

Stephanie looked at William with an exasperated look, "Your EQ must be non-existent, huh. Remember how father got our haircuts before we transferred school. Remember how we both got the same cut while saying it was economical and easy to maintain. Now that I think about it, you and father are the same. You only think of yourselves and how the things around you would be beneficial to you." Stephanie was now getting a headache. Her memories of her childhood were not that bad, like what her brother said she was very popular. However, this also caused a lot of troubles and annoyances.

"So Einstein, what exactly will be my role in this great plan of yours?" Stephanie asked not expecting much this time.

Williams eyes were sparkling like stars when he heard his sister finally concede and help him, "I just want you to talk with her and reminisce about the past, then try to lead-in questions while giving her a good impression of me while growing up. You just have to make me look good, that's all. I mean, that's not hard because... look at me."

While her brother looked all proud of himself being a narcissist, it really is not a good trait, she thought to herself.

Stephanie asked William, "So why should I wait for the company outing when I can just talk with her casually outside the office? There are definitely lots of places she visits that I could inconspicuously drop by to lower her guard, right?"

William thought about what Stephanie said, it got him thinking by doing that Stephanie is laying down the groundwork before the big event.

Stephanie continued and said, "If you think about it, the company outing might be a good chance but if a shareholder and a CEO keeps making contact to a normal employee, then people would be spreading more rumors around. If you really want to approach her, you know you could, but it seems that you do not want Mia to suffer from other people's hate and criticism. But no matter what you do people's eyes will always be on you and her if you do get into a relationship. You're well-known and Mia is a normal person." Stephanie looked at his little brother seriously this time. She was not joking when she said this. She just wanted to let her little brother know that no matter what he does, Mia will still face the same criticism, hatred and jealousy.

William continued to listen to Stephanie as she lectures him.

Stephanie continued and said, "Women's jealousy is a scary thing, you know. Unless you remove all your female employees in the company then a perfect ending will never happen. Promise me that you will explain everything to Mia and what will happen if she agrees to have a relationship with you, okay?" you know what they say, "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. I bet a lot of females in our company would want to murder Mia and Melissa would be the very first."

Stephanie looked at William and said, "So where exactly did you assign Mia, what's her position in the company?"

"She's Melissa's Assistant." William said.

"Say that again?" Stephanie asked to make sure.

"Melissa's Assistant." William said.

"William, I say this as a loving sister, okay. You retarded, stupid, idiot of a brother who has farted in his brain. What have you done? Of all the people, why her?" Stephanie asked as if she was looking at something that was already extinct in this world, like dinosaurs.

"Melissa takes care of her personnel's really well," William said that while he was thinking if he had said anything wrong again.

"Brother, I worry for your future." Stephanie looked at William with pity in her eyes.

"Don't worry, my future is bright," William said while beaming with a smile. "So will you do it?" he added.

"Fine, I'll help you this one time, but I will not be responsible for whatever will happen in the future," Stephanie said while all the energy was drained out of her. She was supposedly relaxing day off has turned into an emotional roller coaster for her due to her idiotic brother. Other people view his brother as a perfect human being but to her, he was just a big idiot. It used to be cute, but now it was growing old.

"Do you have any ideas on the places she usually visits?" Stephanie asked her brother.

What followed next was a series of plans that were instantly denied by Stephanie. Although she had promised that she will be helping, she never said that she would do something stupid. Their day was spent just like that, and the weekend passed in an uneventful manner.

1