Chapter 10: Misunderstanding
70 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mia's morning.

Mondays are the worst.

Getting up with bed hair spiking up, I went to the bathroom to clean up and prepare for the day. This is how a responsible adult should be, working from 8 in the morning to 5 in the afternoon, grow old in the same job, then retire with enough pensions for when I grow old and sick. It's repetitive, mundane and tedious but that's what an average person does. Mia thought to herself.

I drag my body and waited for the bus and commute to work like I will be always doing until the day I retire.

"I must have woken from the wrong side of the bed," Mia said to herself.

As Mia was entering the building, there was a hubbub on the right side where the company billboard was posted. That's where we can get new information and memos from the higher-ups. The girls are all excited, so I curiously approached them and try to peek at what they are looking at, however, there were too many people so I asked the person in front of me.

"Excuse me, what's going on?" Mia asked one of the girls.

The girl turned around and said excitedly, "Oh, it seems our company outing is going to be held at a popular beach, but the best part is, our accommodations are at a luxury hotel. This is the first time the company is spending so much on a company outing." She then added in a whispering manner while getting her mouth close to my ear. "I heard the Mr. CEO is going to be present this time around. This is also the first time that he will accompany the employees, so this has become a big event that all the ladies are after."

"What do you mean?" Mia asked as she was confused about all the excitement that was going around. She understands that spending a couple of days in a luxury hotel is nice and all,

but what does their excitement got to do with the CEO?

The ladies around suddenly looked at Mia incredulously, some with anger in their eyes, while others have eyes like they had found prey to play with.

"Of course this is an exciting event, have you not seen our CEO? Are your eyes just for show?" One lady chimed in.

The lady added, "This time we are going to the beach, don't you realize this god given chance to ogle at his sexy body."

Mia thought to herself, "That lady is scary, a little bit more and I feel like saliva will flow out her mouth. I do agree that our CEO is handsome, however, as I do not know his personality, I will not be part of this group of fangirls who are head over heels for him. I wanted to say this but I was too scared of the expression they are making right now. They are like a pack of hyenas ready to pounce any moment. I tried to back away little by little and use the cover of the crowds to get away."

"Let her be, I was worried when she first came in, but now there is really nothing going on in her given that position." Lady A said.

"She just got lucky that she was given that position. If I was her, I'll stay beside the CEO's office and offer him my services. However, he wants it." Lady B said.

"Let's just make our preparations. We only have one month." Lady C said.

"I have to go on a diet. I was not expecting our destination to be the beach, I put on a couple of pounds." Lady A said while pinching her sides.

"That reminds me, I have to get a new swimsuit that will accentuate my figure, ho ho ho." Lady C said acting all high and mighty.

The two women are looking at that haughty lady while thinking, "You think we don't know that you got all your fat removed last long vacation we had? No one can lose that much weight in a week."

Although they were despising Lady C's haughty attitude, they still showed a smile, as always.

"You girls want to look at swimsuits after work?" The 3 ladies walked away after their conversation, you can still hear them murmuring with each other.

When Mia heard these people's conversation she slowly backed away and continued to think about it, she was glad that she was not part of their group. Women are scary creatures indeed. The simplest things can make them hate or like you, even though you did not do anything or it's not even your fault. I was aware of the fact some of the ladies were talking behind my back, but at the end of the week, they stopped completely and they gossip about other things.

Their favorite topic is our dear Mr. CEO and his affairs. Feels like I'm watching a televised documentary of his life as the people in the office give their annotation of his lifelong achievements. I wonder if the said person was aware that he was being used as gossip material in the office.

I also wonder if the said person was gay. They were saying that he does not have a girlfriend, and the closest to a "girlfriend" is Melissa, the people around did say they were not a couple, poor Melissa, I can see the way she looks at Mr. CEO, there's always this longing. Anyway, I do not mind my boss being a homosexual, and it's not my business to pry. As they say, all handsome men are either taken or gay. There must be some truth to this as the CEO is a fine example.

1