The Day the World Changed
295 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Andy was my name, once. Short for Andrew. If you are reading this, well... I hope it helps you understand. We didn't choose this. We weren't asked. We were victims. Though the world called us freaks, especially those who were happier afterward, We Weren't the bad guys... until we were.

It's too late for us, for our world, but im sending this our across the Universe, or Multiverse, or whatever, in the hopes that it helps. That you don't make the same mistakes we did. That you don't let it get this far.

We destroyed our world. Destroyed ourselves, just fighting for the right to BE. But it didn't start out that way. In fact, it started out with a terrorist Attack.

It all started on a Friday. 

______________________________________

"Andy, kid... I'm sorry. I really am. But it's not up to me. Boss's orders." Craig looked at the Teenager sitting across from him. Pale skin, Greasy black Hair, Nearly 6 foot but always hunched over, Wearing A Hoody and Sweats. The hardest worker he'd ever seen, Really knew his stuff, But The Customers of Cates Shoe Emporium Had complained to the boss... Said he Creeped them out. So, Naturally, The boss said the kid had to go.

"Sigh. I understand. I expected it, sooner or later."

The kid spoke so softly he was difficult to hear.

Craig felt like a monster. He knew Andy Had Gotten the job to buy his kid sister a gift for her birthday, and help his Ma... they weren't Hurting for money, but Still. Andy's dad was some kinda Government Scientist, and the money he sent home Paid the bills, The mom's Job Paying for everything else. Kid Could have just asked for the cash to buy his sister a gift, but he knew it wasn't in the budget, and it would be more impactful if he earned the money himself. The kid was fourteen. And he felt terrible handing the lad his first and final paycheck.

The kid turned to leave... When he saw it. A person in a trenchcoat tossed a Duffel bag into the shop... It was beeping. Craig recognized the sound from the War...

"SHIT, KID, GET DOWN!" He jumped on top of the bag... then the world went away in a brilliant flash, And Craig The War-Veteran Became Craig the Hero, though he would never know it. Because he blocked the detonator, only those inside the shop were affected... a total of four people. The detonation cost him his life.

5