Fashionista
81 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
The title has meaning... in terms of the story, obviously,but more than that. Ana didn't really like them, but Amber and I Were both LP fans... And there was one song Ana also liked. Its the Title of the very last chapter. But the actualStory title was suggested by her. A song we all three knew well... One she didn't like, but didn't hate either. The song Describes Depression, among other things, and It was fitting. Simply because... "I Am... a little bit insecure, a little unconfident..." So yeah... Fitting.

The Memorial was a bit of a blur. I remember being asked to say something, And talking about how nice the old guy was to me, but that's all... I don't recall much of the rest of the week either, just preparing to go back to school, getting caught up on missed work... and then the day I was dreading... The hell mom signed me up for...

We arrived at the Mall at 8:30. The competition was at one, so the rest of the time Was prep time.

We went to Aunt G's Shop, amd were met by a Short blonde woman.

"You must be Candace. I'm Jill. Just Jill. I'm to be your coordinator. Follow me."

Mom nudged me forward, and I followed the woman.

I won't repeat the hell that followed. I was poked, prodded, measured, And forced to walk in Heels until I could balance properly. Then came the Outfit change. A bathing suit... Again, poked, prodded, and measured, made to try on dozens of outfits, and at least thirty different styles of bathing suit... Why did the contest have a Swimsuit section? I was totally embarrased, but after HOURS, Jill said I was ready. And made me wear the heels to the actual Location. Where I was surprised by a pair of familiar faces.

"EEEEK! You look so GOOD! Lexi Didn't tell me You'd be Our competition!" A bubbly Young woman hugged me, then whispered in my ear. "Candy, huh? Nice choice."

"Hello, Ellen. Wait. Did you say 'our' competition... no... Oh No... Pfft... then right now...?"

"Damn Straight. I bullied Him into it."

"Hahahahaha!" The door behind us opened, and Alex Walked out... in full Drag. He looked like a Princess, she even had him in a Drill-Curl Wig. I laughed Harder.

"OH SHUT UP! It's not THAT funny."

"But... but... You look so CUTE! Where's my Delinquent Best friend!"

"Candy. I swear. I WILL hit you. This. Dose. Not. Leave. This. Room. Got it?"

"Of course, Lil lady Lexi!"

"... ... ... ... ... well. Let me just tell EVERYONE here about what you have in the box Under Your Bed, shall I?"

"OKAY, ILL STOP!"

Before you think it's Something bad, it isn't. Its... Well, it's more embarrassing than my Plushie Collection.

Unfortunately, Mom overheard that.

"And what, pray tell, is he referring to?"

"It's nothing bad, I promise. Just embarrassing."

"ANSWER THE QUESTION."

"Its... It's... sigh... It's a Doll."

"WHAT KIND OF DOLL?"

"OH SHIT, REALLY?" Ellen suddenly interrupted. "You kept That?"

"Well... yeah. I always keep gifts. It was just embarrassing. I guess... I guess not so much, now..."

"Oh. That Doll. I thought you got rid of it, somehow."

It was a Little Doll that Ellen Had given to me a few years ago, shortly after we moved here. In a panic, after forgetting To bring a gift to my party, she Ran home and grabbed one of the first things she saw in her room. It was an embarrassing gift, but I never actually said anything about it.

"I thought you Were upset by it, and worried, because it was a Doll... but Alex kept saying you weren't upset. I remember Crying, because I made a Kid Sad on their birthday... but you kept it..."

"Yeah. I didn't wanna say it, but I actually liked it. It was cute." It looked like a Catgirl with a Staff, more like An Anime Figure than anything, but fully posable, with Removeable clothing. Okay, it was EXACTLY like an Anime Figure. In fact, it WAS an Anime Figure. From a Magical Girl Series. I won't admit why i knew that, or Every line the character said. "Truth is, I really liked that character."

Ellen had a gleam in her eye, but before she could start teasing, A woman cleared her throat. "Fifteen minutes, ladies." And hell started again. 

______________________________________

Andrea Kim was a Fashionista. She was the Head Columnist of Fashion Frenzy magazine. Reduced to judging a Mall Contest. Again. For the third year running.

The first Contestant was a total klutz, the Brunette kept Tripping abd falling. A look at the Lost showed she was representing a Shoe Store.

"#1... go home."

The girl cried, and ran off stage. Or tried to... she tripped, and Hit the cameraman... in the balls. 

"Sigh. Bring out #2"

A Princess walked onto the stage.  Drill-curls. Frilly Dress. A frickin Pink Tiara. The image was perfect, were it not for the visible Adamsapple. She recognized the name. That crazy Girl who Won last year had Forced her brother into this. Again.

"Sigh. #2... once again, I Apologize, but this is a contest for WOMENS FASHION. You look nice, but it's obvious you won't pass the next round, it was added BECAUSE of you, after all. Disqualified."

"OH THANK GOD. She was gonna make me wear a Bikini and Prosthetics..." The boy tore off the wig, and headed backstage to change.

"#3."

And here was The Diva, Charlene. Always competing, the Psycho of the Mall Contests. The woman was also a sore loser.

She was wearing a fancy Evening Gown that looked decent enough, but had a bit too many Rhinestones. Why the Dress was Brown is A question that went unasked and unanswered.

"Nice. Contestant #4."

And the world stopped breathing. A young girl, wearing a simple Blaxk Party Dress, Her Eyes accented by Purple Eyeshadow, nails painted to match, With some Shimmer Powder across the Nose... She looked like a constellation come to life. Andrea checked the list.

"Oh! You are Amy's Model! That Man is as good as ever. The outfit looks Soft, comfortable, and relaxing... Yet still formal. And the Model is PERFECT for that style."

Old Charlene had competition.

______________________________________

Ugh. I feel exhausted. My feet hurt, I'm a bit cold, and My face is still red from the Beachware Round. Because Amelia Franklin is a Madman. 

They dressed me in a White Sundress, or so it seemed... but then, a slight tug in the Right place, and... the dress tears away, revealing the Black bikini underneath. To make matters worse, a crowd had gathered... and started cheering.

I sat for a bit, and questioned my luck... then She came in. Andrea Kim. She spoke to Mr Franklin and my Mom, then handed over an envelope. Then left.

Mr Franklin looked Angry... but then he laughed, an insane clown Giggle... and walked over, mom in tow.

"Ah, Little Candy, As sweet as your name, My lucky charm! You WON. WE won. $20,000.00, plus no Store rental costs for a year. So, here."

He handed me an envelope, one of two in the larger envelope he'd been given.

"That's HALF. You'll need to cash it, but you deserve it. Also, Feel free to keep the clothes you wore, they were Made for you, after all... in fact, keep the entire wardrobe, I'll have Georgia Send the lot to your house. Now, I must bid you Adeiu. Farewell. Sayonara. Really, I must be going... oh, stop Stalling, Amy, and get your ass back to work!" He slapped himself. "Your beauty Stunned me. Ta-ta, Love!"

He left. And mom put her arm around me.

"Mom?"

"Yes, dear?"

"Aunt G has some Weird Friends."

"Indeed."

"So, uh... I guess I don't need to worry about clothes for a while... I think he planned that."

"Why is that?"

"When Miss Jill was picking what I'd use for the contest... there were a lot of other types of clothing. Not just Swimwear and Formal Wear."

"Yes, he likely did. I expected something similar. But I didn't expect him to give you half the prize. Thats 10k."

"Well. I guess I can get Katie A late Birthday Present, now." My stomach Grumbled. "But first... Pizza?"

Mom laughed... and we grabbed Ellen and Alex on the way.

Little did I know, My trials were just beginning.

______________________________________

The next morning... I woke up, covered in blood. I screamed.

"Oh No! Covered in Blood! Its been a month since the incident... is it illness? are the nanites turning on her?" Note:Heavy Sarcasm. "Gasp! WHATEVER COULD IT BE?" Note: Heavier Sarcasm...also, thats the word gasp, not the sound effect... Said in a very sarcastic way. Picture Jack McBrayer(or is it McBrewer?)s character on 30Rock sarcastically saying It. That. Ah. Sarcasm.

I think we all know where THIS is going.

2