What. Am. I?
32 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
content warning.

Blood, gore, torture, misgendeering, slurs, BRUTALLY SATISFYING EVISCERATION.

THE LIGHT BURNED. THE CHILD HAD NO IDEA OF THE PASSAGE OF TIME. ITS THROAT WAS RAW FROM SCREAMING.

_______________________________________

Candy POV

I hurt. The man had been Electrocuting me for hours, possibly days.

"Say your name, Boy!"

"I'm... not... a... boy... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGH!"

"YOUR NAME, BOY!"

"not. Boy. GRRRRRZZZZZZH"

"Tsk. This will end when you obey. You are a Boy. You are Andrew. Your body is not comfortable. You want to return to how you were before. Understand?"

"Fuck... you... GIIIIIIIIAAAAGGGHHHHZZZGH!"

"HEH. Damned Faggot passed out. Stubborn little Can't. But I'll break Him. I always Do. TIME TO START THE CUTTING!"

______________________________________

Hours later, Candy POV.

My mind struggled back to awareness... to a sharp pain.

A scalpel had been plunged into my Chest.

"Curious. Those nanites aren't supposed to do this. Not according to the Files General Lewis gave me."

I saw the scalpel liquify... abd the cut seal itself.

"Ah, The Fag is awake. Unfortunate. I'd hoped to have completed the Reversion Surgery by now."

"Don't. Please. Let me go..."

"Hmmm. No. You see, I was paid WELL by your Now Late Grandmother to do this, AND by General Lewis Carver to Recover the Artificial Intelligence that somehow formed In your nanoswarm. So I'm afraid We are at an impasse. I can't Remove the Nanites, And they keep healing you, and Eating my Blades. SO... It's a good thing I ENJOY Torture."

I screamed again, electricity shooting through me.

"It's Such a Good Day! I get to Torture a functionally immortal  Piece of Transgender Faggot Trash, That old Bag of Dead, AND the Subjects Best Friend Is going to be arrested for it... how NICE."

I was still screaming... then my mind blanked.

______________________________________

THE CHILD STOPPED. ITS MIND EMPTY. THEN HE CAME. HE SPOKE TO THE CHILD... THE GIRL. AND THEN... RETRIBUTION.

______________________________________

<CANDY! WAKE UP. I CAN HELP YOU. HELP US. YOU GAVE ME YOURSELF, ONCE... GAVE ME... ME. AND NOW ITS MY TURN. SO WAKE UP. SYSTEM-VX23-WPNX-0159 ACTIVATE.>

BURNING. PAIN. BURNING. RAGE...

When I came to myself, I was free... The Chains that has been holding me shattered. The man cowering in the corner, An odd Gash down his arm.

I looked down. Flowing from my fingers were Silver Blades, that Twisted into a Single blade... my fingernails? The metal was shifting... and I realized it was the nanites. I turned toward the man... And saw a live feed of my family, in a hospital... Mom was bruised... And Katie... oh gods, her Left Eye was GONE. They had apparently both needed surgery... Aunt G abd Dad were there, As Were red and Alex.

A radio crackled. "We're in position. All targets Accounted for. We have target lock. Do we have permission to fire?

A deep voice spoke next. "Do it. But take them alive if you can. We need... Experimental Subjects."

"Yes, General."

Then I felt it again. The rage.

I grabbed the Scientist. "WHERE IS THAT BROADCASTING FROM?"

"This building. Not that you can stop it. It's been decided that your Family is in the way of our order."

<Candy. This is their Headquarters. I've given you control. Do What you must... I will Stop the rest.>

I felt a strange prickling... As a gray mist flew off me. The blade on my hand shrank... it was no longer than A scalpel now... and attached to only one finger.

I felt... off. But, when I looked at the man... That Burning rage went cold. I tightened my grip.

"I think... I think I'll enjoy this."

On the screen, a similar gray mist flowed out of Red... And the soldiers on the radio were screaming. Not one shot was fired.

I saw the mist on screen flow in three directions. The vent, the window... and Katie. That last bit then flowed out under the door.

<I've Replaced Katie's Eye. They're all safe. Don't Worry.>

"Heh. It seems Andy Stopped your goons. Now... Tell me, Doctor. What is your Name?"

I dug the now two inch blade into him... And he screamed. I cut deeper. And deeper... Then... I grabbed the Stun-rod he'd been using to torture me... And opened his Stomach. His intestines flowed out, partially... Then I... WE... Shoved the Stun-rod into the wound. I smiled as he screamed. Then... my hand moved.

I blinked. The Harsh laughter I was hearing stopped, and I realized it had been mine. My hands were covered in blood, and There was a mangled Corpse, covered in electricity burns...

"What? What did I...?" I vomited... the doors were open, so I ran... And stopped to vomit again, At the sight of Semi-liquefied Bodies in the hall... the buildings power was flickering, and my throat was raw and dry. I had no idea how long it had been.

"What? What the hell happened here?"

A silver mist flowed around a corner... in the vague shape of a man. <Candy. I'm back.>

A voice in my head? I stepped backward... This was a Nanoswarm. This... this is what melted those guys. But it was faster... And engulfed me...

I was shocked when the swarm... MELTED into my skin.

Then it all came flooding back. 

"OH GOD... I DID THIS!"

<WE, Candy. WE.>

"An... dy?"

<Indeed. I'm sorry I had to activate RETRIBUTION. But they were killing Us. Candy... I May have all your memories, and your old name, but... in a way, You gave me Life. You are my mother. My Source code. I was born from you. I couldn't just let you die. Rachel is the same, Though she has remained Secret from Red. She protected them. And we helped Katie, and your mom. Worry not. Your Dad received our signal, and is on the way. He should be here... now. I'll be asleep for a while. Goodnight.>

And the door at the end of the hall blew open... and suddenly I was in dad's arms.

Okay. Bad stuff over. Yes, this makes Candy and Red Essentially Supersoldiers. That was The original Goal of the Nanite research. And also, What Her Dad is supposed to put a stop to.

Also, Comics Readers, did you catch the easter eggs? Hint: look at the Program Name foe RETRIBUTION mode.

Spoiler

X23(X-23) and WpnX(Weapon X) are both references to Marvel Comics, Specifically the X-men

[collapse]

2