Juggernaut Mode
42 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I look at the headless body of the knight, horror overwhelming me. What the fuck did I just do.... I killed someone.

"Eeuk~!!" I let out a sound as I grab my stomach and start puking beside the headless body of the knight.

Before I killed the knight, I was confident and felt no remorse or whatsoever as if I have taken millions of lives. However, after killing the knight, the feeling disappears. Being my first time taking a life, my first kill was quite gruesome.

The metallic taste of bile lingers in my mouth as I struggle to catch my breath. My heart pounds in my chest, its rhythm erratic and uneasy. The reality of my actions sinks in, engulfing me in a wave of guilt and regret.

My trembling hands reach out, seeking support from the nearby tent wall. I lean against it, desperately trying to steady myself. But the images of the lifeless body haunt me, the vacant eyes and severed head etched into my mind.

"Haa~ Haa~ Haa~" I start panting hard, my breathing and demeanor slowly returning to normal. But the stain of blood remains, both literal and metaphorical. The crimson pool around the knight's body and the stain on my soul, forever marking this moment in time.

As I stand there, the weight of my actions heavy upon me, questions swirl in my mind. Why did I kill that guard? What led me to this point? I search my memories, but it's as if a haze has settled over them, obscuring the truth.

Oracle, what was that?

[Buddy, what happened there is simple. You entered Juggernaut mode.]

Juggernaut mode, what does that mean? I ask, curiosity mingling with my unease.

[Buddy, Juggernaut mode is a primal state of heightened combat ability that awakens within certain individuals under extreme circumstances. It grants enhanced physical strength, speed, and reflexes, allowing you to overpower your opponents with ease.]

So, you're telling me that the knight tried to kill me?! And I acted purely out of instinct?

[Yes, buddy, it seems like the knight had a peculiar fetish for helping people right before disposing of them. Quite the surprise, isn't it? Oh, and by the way, you've unlocked Draegan's Juggernaut mode. As expected of his successor. However, I must remind you that you don't have control over the Juggernaut mode, so don't get too cocky. ୧⁠|⁠ ͡⁠ᵔ⁠ ⁠﹏⁠ ͡⁠ᵔ⁠ ⁠|⁠୨]

What... So, it will only activate when I'm in danger? I suppose I don't need to worry about it too much then, fufu.

[ᕙ⁠(⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠ᕗ]

I don't appreciate that cocky expression. What's the meaning behind it?

[Well, in case you didn't know, sorry to burst your bubble. The Juggernaut mode can be triggered at any time since you don't have control over it. That includes if you happen to lay eyes on a fine w-- well, ahem, never mind.]

Ah... damn it. How do I gain control over this Juggernaut mode? I can't just go around killing people like a psycho!

[Don't worry, Juggernaut mode won't turn you into a mindless killer. But it might make you act, let's say, shamelessly. It's Draegan's favorite mode.]

What kind of shameless things does it make me do?

[Ahem, anyway! You need to leave this place as soon as possible. The kingdom will soon realize that the holy knight has been marked, and they'll be on the hunt for you.]

Weird...

In the next moment, I refrain from arguing with Oracle and fix my gaze upon the headless body of the knight. Surprisingly, the disgust that had initially gripped me seems to have dissipated. I cast aside any lingering thoughts and turn my attention to rummaging through the knight's belongings, searching for any valuable loot. That's when I spot a pouch filled with gleaming coins and a peculiar ring adorning his middle finger.

[Yo! Don't touch that space ring! It's marked,] Oracle warns.

A space ring? Like a storage ring? Damn, that sounds enticing. It's a shame I won't be able to snatch it. Rising to my feet, I swiftly pocket the pouch of money and make my way out of the tent, cautiously distancing myself from the area.

After walking for a while, a small, pristine river emerges before me. The water flows crystal clear and pure, evoking a sense of wonderment. I can't help but wonder if this river holds some sacred significance.

Drawing closer, my eyes catch sight of a scene that immediately prompts me to seek cover behind a nearby tree. I observe carefully, trying to discern what is unfolding before me.

"Nyaaaa! Get out of our territory! The others will deal with you," a young girl cries out, her voice filled with desperation.

"Hahaha, you little bitch! You're all alone, no one is going to save you!" a burly, fat man retorts, a wicked grin stretching across his face. An axe rests upon his back, a foreboding symbol of his malevolence.

What the fuck...

In front of me, the confrontation intensifies. It becomes apparent that the burly man is forcibly dragging the girl out of the river. She appears to be around seventeen, yet there's something peculiar about her.

The girl before me appears human, yet water seems to dance around her body. Her hair cascades like solidified waves, glistening with a mesmerizing allure. It's as if she embodies the very essence of water itself.

"What is she?" I mutter, my voice filled with wonder and curiosity.

[She's a water Nymph, buddy,] Oracle chimes in. 

[That despicable criminal is attempting to capture her.]

Ah... so he wants to sell her, I presume? Since he poses no threat to me directly, I suppose it's none of my business.

[Although I'm not particularly fond of assisting random individuals, it's impossible to remove a water Nymph from its natural aquatic habitat. They would perish if taken away from water. Furthermore, Nymphs possess powerful magic, but this one seems weaker for some reason,]

So, if she's taken out of the water, she'll die?

[Yup. I highly doubt this guy is an experienced adventurer. Any seasoned adventurer knows that it's illegal to harm or hunt exotic races like Nymphs. This guy is probably thinking more with his lower parts than with his head.]

Hearing Oracle's words, a resolute thought takes hold of my mind—I am stronger than him. I 

"I will help her," I declare, my voice firm with conviction.

[I was just about to suggest the same,]

"..."

Silence hangs in the air for a moment, our unspoken agreement resonating within our shared consciousness.

[(⁠ ͝⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ͡⁠°⁠)⁠ᕤ]

Casting a quick glance around, I realize I have no weapons at hand. I had dropped the sword I used to sever the head of the knight earlier. Yet, my eyes land upon a finely-shaped branch, perfectly rounded and resembling a baton. It feels almost as if it was fated to bash against the heads of those who deserves it.

===================================

 Join our Discord server for updates and to view character illustrations: https://discord.gg/RF8pvt6KJv

For access to advanced chapters, join my Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Perverted_Fella

1