The Unexpected Transformation
128 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Tristan," Draegan says, his gaze fixed upon the sky, "I summoned you here because I want you to exact revenge on my behalf. I understand this may sound absurd, but it is my final wish before finding peace."

His words send a wave of fear coursing through me. I had anticipated battling monsters and formidable adversaries, but now I realize that I am being thrust into a conflict against gods themselves. The weight of the situation overwhelms me, and a surge of anxiety churns in my gut.

"So, you mean I have to fight against gods?" I inquire once more, struggling to contain the urge to purge.

"Yes, if you approach this mission with a well-defined plan, it should not prove to be an insurmountable task. Before embarking on your mission, however, you must cease regarding gods as divine entities. Look down upon them as if they were lowly beings. I care not if it takes you a century to exact your revenge successfully; as long as the deed is done, I will find solace," Draegan states calmly, clasping his hands behind his back.

"So, you want me to become the antagonist? A villain? The one who typically meets their demise while the hero triumphs?" I inquire, my voice quivering.

"Fufu, you need not worry about that. Once I merge my powers with you, you will experience the deep-seated hatred I harbor towards the gods. Now, make your decision," Draegan says, turning around patiently.

Hearing his words, I swallow hard...

I have come a long way to reject this offer, considering that my physical body perished on Earth. Moreover, the prospects for a bright future on Earth are bleak. But here, by accepting the role of the antagonist, I will be granted god-like powers.

Screw it...

"If you bestow your powers upon me, what will happen to you?" I inquire.

"Well, nothing will happen... In this ethereal form, I am unable to wield my powers. I can barely tap into 0.1 percent of my true potential," Draegan replies.

"I accept..." I declare suddenly.

"You accept?!" Draegan asks, a faint smile gracing his face.

"Yes!"

"Very well. However, before I grant you my powers, there are a few things you should know. Due to the constraints of this realm, you will not be able to freely wield all of my abilities. Nonetheless, I will provide you with a system that will gradually bestow my powers upon you as you fulfill missions and absorb the blessings of gods. Regardless, even with a portion of my powers, you will possess remarkable strength for a human. Are you prepared?" Draegan asks once again.

"Yes, Draegan!" I reply, my determination unwavering.

"Alright then... Once I confer upon you all my powers, you shall be forever changed," Draegan says, placing his hand on my head.

"Infernal bestowal," Draegan utters.

For a few seconds, I feel...

"ARGHHH!!!!!" I suddenly let out a sharp groan as a surge of energy courses through my body.

In the next moment, my brain and pain receptors dull, and the last thing I witness is Draegan's figure transforming into a miasma that enters my forehead.

__________________________________________________________________________

"Eeuk~!"

Startled, my eyes snap open as I jolt upright.

"Haa~ Haa~ Haa~" I take rapid, deep breaths, cautiously surveying my surroundings.

I find myself within a dense forest, with towering trees stretching as far as the eye can see. Each tree dwarfs the largest specimens of my past life by a factor of twenty, leaving me in awe of their immense size.

"Where am I?" I mutter, gazing at my hands. Suddenly, my body freezes as I stare at my hands in astonishment.

"What in the world?" I exclaim, jumping up from my feet. Even the way my body moves feels different from when I was overweight. Moreover, I feel taller, and my perspective on things seems significantly altered. It's evident that I am no longer the person I once was.

"What is happening?" I mutter, struggling to believe my eyes.

In that moment, a familiar voice resonates in my head, accompanied by a screen that appears without obstructing my view.

[Ding!]

[Welcome, Host. I am Oracle, your system guide. I am here to provide guidance on matters you are unfamiliar with. Please note that I am not the system itself, but merely a guide. The system retains decision-making capabilities.]

Perplexity marks my face as I hear the voice. This feels different from before—calling itself Oracle...

"Oracle, can you explain what is happening now? Where is Draegan, and why do I look different?" I inquire.

[Firstly, Host, there is no need to speak aloud when communicating with me. Regarding your first question, you are currently in Acor, a small continent located on the planet Kraguin. Secondly, after transferring his powers to you, Draegan disappeared. Lastly, it would be best for you to assess your appearance yourself.] 

Suddenly, a holographic reflective surface materializes before me, allowing me to examine myself from head to toe.

"What in the world..." I mutter as the surface vanishes.

I now stand at approximately 6'11" or 7 feet, with a subtly muscular physique and abs that resemble those of supermodels in my past life's edited posters. My skin exudes an alluring radiance, as though I had bathed in countless beauty products. Moreover, my face retains its familiar features, but it appears remarkably defined and detailed, boasting a sharp jawline, elegantly arched eyebrows, and jet-black hair tied into a short ponytail.

"What on earth is happening...?" I mutter, unable to fathom the reality before me.

Abruptly, I collapse to the ground, overwhelmed by emotions, and tears flow freely. After spending my entire life feeling like a failure, I have finally attained the body I had always longed for.

[Host, this is not the time for tears. You may be attacked by a monster at any moment if you let your guard down.]

Right, there is no use in being overwhelmed—I have only just begun.

Rising to my feet, I examine myself once more. I realize that I am clad only in a black, tattered shorts that seems on the verge of disintegrating, threatening to expose my little brother.

This is no good...

Oracle, don't I have access to any interfaces or informational displays? You've barely provided me with any details.

[Indeed, I have not shared all the fundamental information with you. However, a more pressing matter lies ahead.]

Oh...

Suddenly, my head snaps up as a sound reaches my ears, and I spot a large, ostrich-like bird glaring at me menacingly. Flames emit from its beak as it aggressively scrapes its left foot against the ground.

[Ding!]

[You have provoked a Bronze rank 1 hot-headed wild Ostrich by inadvertently stepping on its eggs.]

[Defeat the wild Ostrich and absorb its core to gain experience points (EXP).]

What the... which eggs?

Ah...

Looking down, I notice that my right foot is resting on three large purple eggs that resemble small rocks.

"Oh, crap..." I mutter under my breath, realizing my misstep.

=================================

Join our Discord server for updates and to view character illustrations.

https://discord.gg/RF8pvt6KJv

2