Chapter 107 – Antares 03.
349 4 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Chapter Size: 2000 Words.]

Third Person POV
Somewhere outside Orario.

...

...

I will create the Artemis family the way I imagine it to be before the disaster.

Artemis Family ->

Artemis: Goddess and leader of the family. Known for her exceptional archery skills, she possesses strength equivalent to a level 2 adventurer. Artemis is a goddess who values strength and independence, actively participating in battles alongside her family. She is admired for her leadership and combat skills.

Family Members

Laren:

Role: Swordswoman

Level: 2

Race: Human

Position: Commander of the family.

Characteristics: Laren is a skilled warrior with a dominant presence on the battlefield. As commander, she is responsible for leading the family on missions and ensuring everyone's safety.

Julia:

Role: Mage

Level: 1

Race: Human

Specialty: Julia specializes in offensive magic, using her power to attack enemies from a distance and provide support during combat.

Elza:

Role: Mage

Level: 1

Race: Elf

Specialty: Elza has magical abilities focused on enchantments and support, using her magic to strengthen allies and create strategic advantages.

Karen:

Role: Support

Level: 1

Race: Human

Skills: Karen is vital to the team, as someone who can use a bit of magic, providing healing and support. She ensures that everyone is in top form, whether healing wounds or offering magical reinforcements.

Miri:

Role: Tanker

Level: 1

Race: Dwarf

Characteristics: Miri is the family's frontline, using her robustness to protect others. As a tanker, she draws the enemies' attention, absorbing attacks and keeping her companions safe.

----------------------------------------

In the forest clearing, the Artemis Familia's camp bubbled with activity as the sun began to set. Artemis, with her shimmering blue hair under the twilight light, oversaw the preparations with a watchful eye. She watched her daughters getting ready to continue the journey.

Laren, the level 2 swordswoman, was adjusting her weapons and equipment. She occasionally exchanged glances with Artemis, seeking approval or guidance.

Julia and Elza, Karen and Miri, were also making their preparations as the camp was being dismantled. Just as everything was set for them to leave, something happened.

As the Artemis Familia was ready to start their journey again through the forest, a sudden distortion in the air drew everyone's attention. With a dull flash and a faint buzz, Lucius and Riveria emerged out of nowhere, materializing in the middle of the camp through a teleport. The sudden appearance caused a brief moment of panic and surprise among the family members, who quickly grabbed their weapons. Artemis, quickly regaining composure, instinctively raised her bow, aiming at the intruders.

"Who are you? How did you get here?" Artemis demanded, keeping her bow pointed at Lucius.

Lucius raised his hands in a sign of peace. "We're not here to fight," he said calmly. "My name is Lucius Drakenar from the Hestia family, and this is Riveria, from the Loki family. We need to talk to you about something very important."

"Hestia? Loki?" Artemis looked strangely, she knows Hestia as one of her precious friends, but thought it strange for an adventurer from Hestia's family to be with Loki's family, as she knew well the quarrels between the two.

"Riveria-Sama?" Elza murmured, as an elf from the Artemis family, she knew Riveria very well, since all elves knew their princess well.

Riveria, standing next to Lucius, added in a serene voice, "Sorry to approach like this, but we don't have much time. It's about a threat that could put all of us in danger, including Artemis herself."

Artemis, still cautious, slowly lowered her bow. "A threat? What are you talking about?"

"The mission you took to find an ancient and specific monster has abilities that can alter the world's balance; it can absorb a deity." Lucius explained directly.

"What?! Is that true?" Artemis couldn't help but be surprised.

"Yes, besides it being able to exterminate all of you, you won't even have a chance to return to heaven," Lucius said.

"If you don't believe me, take this paper, this is an order from Ouranos for you to abandon the mission immediately." Lucius handed a paper to Artemis with a gesture from his teleport.

"..." Artemis read the sheet in silence and looked at Lucius with conflicted eyes.

"This is really an official paper... So after so long on this mission, we should just abandon it?" Artemis spoke with a frustrated tone.

Miri, the dwarf, grunted in agreement, while Julia and Elza exchanged worried glances.

"Then, what should we do? Abandon the mission?" asked Laren, clearly concerned for the safety of her goddess.

"So much time wasted..." Karen commented, sharing the frustration of her goddess.

"..." Artemis silently looked at her disheartened daughters and then turned back to Lucius. "We will continue the mission, now that we are close and have finally found the ruins of Antares, let's move forward!"

"What?!" Both Lucius and Riveria couldn't believe what they heard.

"You heard, we will continue the mission." Artemis spoke firmly while holding her bow, gripping it tightly.

"Artemis-Sama, you can't be serious..." Riveria murmured.

"Yes, we will continue forward."

"This means that if Antares can absorb you, as a goddess, he would become an uncontrollable threat, not just to us, but to the entire world," Lucius explained in disbelief at what the goddess intended to do.

"I cannot simply abandon this mission. I understand the risks, but I also know the importance of what we are trying to accomplish here," Artemis affirmed with conviction. "We cannot let fear stop us from acting."

'What is this? Am I dealing with a child?' Lucius murmured internally. He found Artemis's behavior quite childish, something he did not expect from the goddess.

Riveria tried to argue, her expression showing a mix of concern and respect. "Artemis, we understand your commitment, but facing Antares is not like any other mission. The risk is immense, not only for you but for everyone. You have to understand this!"

"I am aware of the risks, Princess Riveria," Artemis responded, "but my family and I are no strangers to danger. We have trained and prepared for difficult situations. We cannot back down now."

"Sorry Artemis, but I cannot agree with this," Lucius said as he walked forward, knowing she wouldn't understand the real danger and that Artemis would soon fall to Antares, he needed to act.

His steps alerted the family on the other side, who immediately took up combat positions.

"Lucius, what do you intend to do...?" Riveria asked a bit worried.

"You might be a son of Hestia, but that won't stop me from attacking you if necessary," Artemis said, pointing her bow at Lucius.

"I understand..." Lucius simply teleported into the middle of the family, and before Artemis and the others could react, they were enveloped by blue spheres with time magic symbols.

All the members froze, except one. "What are you doing?!" Artemis, immune to time magic but still trapped, banged on the sphere trying to get out and shouted at Lucius.

"I don't care if you are angry, I won't listen to a spoiled woman," Lucius spoke disdainfully.

"Get me out of here now!" Artemis demanded, but Lucius didn't care about her demands.

"Lucius... are you sure about this, Artemis is still a goddess," Riveria asked, a bit concerned.

"Her stubbornness can put everyone in danger, so I don't care what she thinks about how this will be perceived later, I'll deal with the consequences. Now we must go to the ruins, we will face Antares, just me and you," Lucius said, and Riveria agreed with him after a bit of reluctance.

---

Lucius and Riveria, after ensuring Artemis and her family were temporarily safe, proceeded towards the ruins. The forest around them seemed to grow denser and darker, as if nature itself was aware of the impending danger.

"Lucius, how are we going to deal with Antares? Do you have a plan?" Riveria asked, staying alert for any suspicious movements in the forest.

"Yes, but we'll need to be extremely careful," Lucius replied. "Antares is an ancient, powerful, and unpredictable creature. The first thing is to locate where he is sealed, we'll enter the ruins. I'll use a clairvoyance spell and we'll find him easily." Lucius emitted a light showing the way to the location.

Riveria nodded. "Understood. And about the fight? How can we face him without the help of Artemis and her family?"

"We'll have to rely on our abilities. I don't want to belittle the Artemis family, but they are quite a weak family, I am a level 3 and you a level 6, we can handle him and any other creature in these ruins. Your magical power, combined with my ability to manipulate time and space, may give us an advantage. My main concern is preventing him from absorbing any deity. If that happens, the situation will become uncontrollable."

"He is sealed here, isn't he?" Riveria spoke.

"Yes, but I spoke with Ouranos to end it, even if we have to awaken him, he is too great a danger to the world," Lucius said, and Riveria nodded.

Arriving at the ruins following the path created by Lucius, the atmosphere became more oppressive. The ancient structures, covered in moss and vines, seemed to hold dark secrets. Lucius and Riveria proceeded cautiously, with Lucius leading the way and Riveria covering their flanks, holding her magic staff.

"These ruins... they seem to be imbued with an ancient energy," Riveria commented, observing the structures around them.

"Yes, and this energy is probably what has kept Antares sealed for so long. But now, it seems like he won't last more than 50 years here," Lucius sensed the weakened magic of the place through his mana zone.

"It looks like there is a secret passage here," Riveria remarked, seeing Lucius's line of light crossing the wall.

"Yes, but I can easily bypass that." He grabbed Riveria and used his teleport to get to the other side of the wall, disregarding the door mechanism since he didn't want to waste time.

Once inside the dark ruins, Lucius extended his hand, creating a white light sphere that illuminated the path ahead of them. The corridor was colossal, but free of traps after Riveria scanned the area with some magic. With silent steps, they moved through the ruins, alert for any sign of the monster.

---

Lucius and Riveria continued to advance through the colossal corridor, guided by the white light created by Lucius.

"Lucius, there!" Riveria whispered, pointing to an opening at the end of the corridor. The entrance to the great hall where Antares was sealed.

They approached the entrance cautiously, Lucius's light revealing the impressive dimensions of the hall. In the center, a gigantic black scorpion, with pulsating red lines, lay motionless. The magical runes created by the dungeon intertwined with the cords that held it captive, forming a complex and enigmatic pattern.

"Antares..." Lucius murmured, observing the sealed monster. "These runes... they are weakening, as I felt at the entrance of the ruins."

Riveria examined the seal with her magical knowledge. "These cords and runes... they were clearly created with immense power, but by ancient mortals. I have never seen anything like this, runic magic is not practiced for thousands of years. But you are right, Lucius. They are wearing down. They won't last much more than a few decades."

"Antares is asleep, and it seems we haven't awakened him, which makes me think of something. These runes, you mentioned no one has practiced them for thousands of years... has anyone tried to recreate them?" Lucius asked in front of the colossal scorpion.

"No, it has always been difficult to perform and no one has been successful with the limited knowledge we have," Riveria commented, and Lucius had a quite pleased look.

"Then look, Riveria, here is the answer to the magic of runic spells, we can copy them and understand their workings later, I wanted to revive runic magic," Lucius said with a smile while looking at all those thousands of symbols tattooed with magic throughout the hall.

"You are right...!" Riveria hadn't thought of something like that, now in front of her was a door to a magic long forgotten in this mortal world.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆

🦝 Raccoon here: 🦝

I deeply appreciate your support since the beginning of this exciting journey!

I hope each chapter has provided incredible moments. If you like my work and would like to support the continuation of this fanfic, consider becoming a patron with plans starting at $2!. As a token of gratitude, I offer access to more than 165 extra chapters with 8 active fanfics at the same time, along with other exclusive benefits on my profile, such as images and significant decisions for the stories.

Even if you are not a patron, I am making chapters available a few hours earlier here, so become a free member on the platform!

🌟 RaccoonLeague | Patreon🌟

Visit our Patreon for more: https://www.patreon.com/RaccoonLeague

Extra Content Already Available:

🌀 Naruto - Light Ninja! 20 extra chapters! (Complete fanfic for any subscription level.)

🏴‍☠️ One Piece - I Am a Different Luffy!: 30 extra chapters!

🔮 Danmachi - Infinite Mana System!: 30 extra chapters!

👑 Game of Thrones: The Legend of Jon Arctic!: 20 extra chapters!

🌀 Naruto - Minato Namikaze SI!: 30 extra chapters!

🗡️ The Witcher - As Uchiha Madara! 20 extra chapters!

⚡ Harry Potter - Shadow Monarch! 20 extra chapters!

👑 Game of Thrones: DragonBorn! 10 extra chapters!

Except for One Piece with daily chapters and DragonBorn once a week, all fanfics are updated 3 times a week, there's just a pause in updating in the week, only to create drafts for the week's chapters.

In addition to the extra chapters, daily chapters are posted and 25 chapters per week!

Your support is very important and makes all the difference in keeping these stories alive.

Thank you very much for being part of this journey! I hope you continue to enjoy the story and that it brings even more joy to your life!

Visit our Patreon for more!!

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆

12