Chapter 28 Pt. 1 – Children’s Expedition (2)
206 7 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Proofreader: Myself (Sorry for dividing the chapter, I really wanna sleep and I’m dying. I will post the next part when I wake up :D )

"Wh- why are you still training me?" My breath was pampered with bated breath, "Didn't I technically already beat Carlos?"

"That's news," Erin had struck me from the side.

"Ouch!" I grasped my side, "No one told you?" 

"None," She backed off.

I forgot this was basically top secret. "Well, it doesn't change the fact I beat him."

"You offered this idea, so you're allowed to call it off," Erin told me while stretching.

...

She had a good point, and honestly, I still had a lot more to improve on. Currently I was sitting around a 60% proficiency for swordsmanship, so there was no reason to refuse.

"Then, I won't."

She smiled, "Are you a masochist?"

"Oh, shut up," I picked up my sword ready for a round five.

-x-

Walking through the school after a day of recent beatings and Fen's waking strategies, for some reason there was nobody around. 

"Whatever." There were many things on currently occupying my mind.

Fen Castelle, he was a tragic character. Especially with his past haunting him at every turn, having being revealed as soon as the last day of his introductory week. 

It’s what I was currently afraid of, having to deal with his past along with the other protagonist’s encounters. Although, I doubt Serina will encounter anything.

And it wouldn’t end with just this…

I only had information from the first week regarding all the protagonists besides Serina’s. I knew general plot lines of the other good endings, but that was it.

“Hah, where’s Julia when you need her?” I missed her cute remarks and clearly fake noble act.

I at least came up with a somewhat feasible plan… 

Leave it all alone! 

That’s right, I’ll only intervene if something goes out of whack. From what I’ve seen, they’re just as capable as the in game variants of themselves. Minus the rose-filled adolescence potentially ruining their lives.

Ah that’s right… such a thing was my initial goal.

‘Destroying the Romance,’ It would step up again during the following weeks. I inadvertently crushed most of the events in the first week, however the increase of characters would push me over the edge trying to observe everything. 

It’s like I needed more eyes… 

More eyes?

Eyes- hmmm… 

Outer Eyes, it was plural. 

Maybe I could somehow increase my eyes? 

[Outer Eyes (Z) (5% Proficiency)]

  • Can see the truths of the world.
  • Can observe the statuses of other creatures.
  • View information on targeted items.

It didn’t mention my ability to memorise and create mental images of creatures or movements. Possibly, I could recreate such an idea. I don't know, it seems like a bit of a stretch... but who knows with this world.

I attempted to move mana in my body, not according to magic formulae or arithmetic, but to how I felt. 

Implement my Outer Eyes skill… then manifest-

Bump.

“Are you awake?” Another student hit my shoulder, “You’re standing in the middle of the hallway. The assembly’s in the gym, hurry up.”

His curly brown hair made me want to rip it out. I was so close to raising my fist in retaliation. 

I almost realised something essential, but now I’ve lost it. 

Wait… brown curly hair, slouched shoulders, a nerd, and annoying? It was him! Percy, he was supposed to be in the Golden Nest.

“Did you hear me?” His voice reverberated in my ear.

“Yeah I did, so shut the fu-“ I covered my mouth.

Whoops, I lost my temper for a moment.

He clicked his tongue. “You’re a student of The Heroes Garden, act like it.”

Wow, just wow. Even I could fold him right now, weak as I am. Averaging five in every stat but mana was crazy. But if there was a stat for academic intelligence, his would probably soar past the thousands.

“Sure, buddy,” I shrugged.

Unfortunately, the knowledge of how to reach the assembly hall was still lost to me. I followed his steps, reaching the central piece of the academy. The Assembly Hall. 

It was different from the place we had been gathered from the exam, as its looks were infinitely more luxurious. The place was graced with decorations of orichalcum chandeliers, sol-mana charged lighting, and paintings of past heroic figures. 

More of a museum than a gathering hub in my opinion.

“Here we are, and go to your class,” Percy continued to offer politeness. “The Golden Nest’s students are about to present.”

He opened the doors, showing me the result of a weekday at Shibuya crossing. It was filled…

Wait- we had to present something?” I realised, looking at the countless heads.

“Haha. What a joke,” He laughed looking down on me. “You- in the class of the elites, chosen by Abel?”

One day. Just you wait… one day I’ll get you. Being mocked by anyone else was one thing, but Percy? I would not let that slide.

“Yeah, I’m quite the funny one aren’t I?” I held in my resentment. 

“Indeed, rather than a potential hero, you’d be fit for a jester in the empire’s court,” He snickered without caring to hide it.

Yup, it’s decided. There was no way I’d let him off the hook after that.

“Sure, sure…” I nodded with veins popping out of my forehead.

He walked off with a smirk on his face, seemingly satisfied with ‘schooling’ a delinquent. I could hear his whispers from here.

“Forget it,” I turned my head towards the stage.

Students lined up into rows, presumably by class. Professors littered the ends of the student files, which I had to sneak past by. According to the nerd, they should be behind stage right about now.

Magical lights floated atop the ceiling, flashing on as curtains were opened. 

What was this? A theatre play?

“Today, as you all know, is the day of the traditional Dungeon Expedition!” Abel was front and centre, exclaiming into a microphone. “As a tradition held every year, it is now your turn.”

Yeah, it was made out of sound amplification spells, or something like that. 

“So, I introduce your representatives! The Golden Nest, as well as some of my favourites,” He beckoned towards the side of himself.

A small crowd of students walked into view, my classmates… and even Julia-

Tsk.

Percy was there along with Alicia Einsberg. Two students who were originally within the Golden Nest. Both equally annoying, although in different ways.

“Now, I present to you the head representative!”

7