Interlude
223 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
I totally forgot that this week was finals week when I posted last chapter. I've been working on other projects for school, so the next chapter will be coming out next Monday. Thanks for your understanding!

This is a story from Isis, one of the Egyptian godesses that rules over The Game Of The Gods. These words were told to one of her followers, a Beta Tester on the world known as Earth.

***

Ra was an emperor, he was not a bad emperor, nor was he a good emperor. He was an Emperor.

Some might say he was ruthless, and cruel, I would not argue with them. Ra brought the wrath of the sun on those who angered him, killing women and children alike. But he also oversaw the greatest time of his people, bringing life and wealth wherever he went.

Ra was the most powerful of the gods, and I knew that with his power I could accomplish my dream of seeing my husband again.

All I needed was the smallest piece of him. So I waited for my moment, and eventually it came. On the night he fought Apep, the great snake, he shed blood.

I used that blood in my magic to create a creature in the likeness of his enemy, a snake. Then one day, he was bitten by the creature I created.

No word of power he used could free him of the poison of the snake, since the poison was made with part of his own flesh. Terrified of the poison that would one day kill him, he called upon me, one of the greatest healers in the land, to free him of this poison.

As he lay dying there, I told him that the only way I could heal him was if I knew his true name. He knew to not give his true name away, for with it, someone could have power beyond imagining. But fear of death twisted his mind, and he told me.

With knowledge of his true name, I forced the poison out of his body, and gained the power I desired.

It would take him a long time to find the truth of my actions, but eventually he did.

7