Chapter 31: After the Candle Went Out
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Content Warning: Descriptions of intimacy

In the twilight of the inn room, Leiyu and Thallios held each other in a tight embrace.  Thallios’ lips were soft and the faint sound he made when their kiss deepened sent pleasant shivers through Leiyu’s body and filled him with desire.  They pulled away from each other briefly to catch their breaths.  

Leiyu gently cupped Thallios’ face and kissed him again.  Thallios ran his fingers along the lapels of Leiyu’s robe and settled his hands around his waist.  The cloak that Leiyu had put on him earlier slipped off of his shoulders.

Thallios led Leiyu to the bed.  They sat on the mattress and continued kissing.  Leiyu ran his fingers through Thallios’ hair and began to kiss down Thallios’ neck.  Thallios’ breath hitched and he felt tingles all over.  Leiyu put his hand behind Thallios’ head and gently laid him down on the bed.  Thallios’ auburn hair flowed over the mattress. 

Leiyu tugged at the end of the sash that was wrapped around Thallios’ waist.  “May I?”

"Yes," Thallios breathed. 

Leiyu slowly undid the sash around Thallios’ waist and opened up his inner robe.  He leaned over and kissed Thallios again, then began to move downward, kissing his neck and collarbone.  Thallios gasped from the sensations.  Leiyu then continued, kissing a trail over Thallios’ torso.

“Leiyu…” Thallios whispered with erratic breaths. 

Leiyu leaned over and kissed him on the lips again.  Thallios slipped his hands between the lapels of Leiyu’s robes and ran his fingers along the  firm muscles of his abdomen.

Leiyu’s breath hitched as he felt tingles run through his body.  “Thallios…”

***

Their clothes were now all on the floor and they laid on the bed in a tight embrace.

“Thallios,” Leiyu whispered as he caressed Thallios’ face.  “You’re still recovering so we shouldn’t do anything too strenuous.”

“That’s all right,” Thallios smiled.  “This feels nice, just holding each other.”

Leiyu kissed him again and Thallios kissed him back.

“Leiyu?”

“Hm?”

“How long ago…did you fall in love with me?”

Leiyu softened his expression and ran his fingers through Thallios’ hair.  “Since…maybe the first day…”

Thallios’ eyes widened.  “Oh wow…that long ago…?”

Leiyu smiled.  “I think so…although I didn’t understand my feelings back then…”

“Ah…you’ve never been in love before?”

“No…”

“Oh?”

“When I was growing up, I found it difficult to form attachments in general.  Maybe it’s because I’m an orphan.  Even when I was living with Shifu and my martial brothers, I regarded every one of them with a sense of detachment.”

“Ah…”

“But when I saw you on the first day in the throne room, I felt something different.  Actually…I originally thought you were a princess…”

Thallios chuckled. “And when you found out that I wasn’t?”

Leiyu smiled.  “I was very embarrassed…I thought you’d be angry…but you were kind to me instead.”

Thallios reached over and caressed Leiyu’s face.  “I suppose I was drawn to you as well.  I noticed you looking at me on that first day, so I was curious about you.”

“Ah…and before I showed up…have you ever…?”

“Been in love?  Haha, no…I didn’t even have friends…there was no one close to my age in the palace.  Even if there was, I wouldn’t have been able to interact with them casually.”

“Oh…because you were the prince?”

“Yeah…”

“Hmm…I thought you might have been lonely when you asked me to stay with you that night on the rooftop…”

Thallios took Leiyu’s hand and clasped their fingers together.  “I was...but now I’m not lonely anymore…”

Leiyu smiled and kissed him.

“Although I did feel somewhat sad that night when we were in the city for the Summer Festival after I asked you how long you would stay before you traveled again.  I thought that once you left with the caravan, I’d never see you again.”

“Ah…I remember you did look a bit unhappy when we had to return to the palace.  I thought about that even days afterward…”

“Oh?”

“I actually thought that I’d try to find a way to come back the year after, either with the same merchants or a different caravan.”

Thallios laughed softly.  “You really thought about doing that?”

“Yes.”

Thallios smiled.

Leiyu brushed the stray strands of Thallios' hair away from his face.  “But you don’t have to worry, I’ll always be with you from now on.”

Leiyu leaned in and kissed him again.  Thallios wrapped his arms around Leiyu’s back.  They melted into each other’s embrace, the warmth of their bodies guarding against the coldness of the night.

0