CHAPTER 1: Activating the system
313 6 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Tick, tick." In the midst of a deep darkness, you can hear the ringing of water drops falling from the stalactites towards the puddles of water that accumulated on the ground.

In the darkness, a small ray of flickering light shone, casting a halo of red light on a rock wall.

There, as a source of light, was a lonely, battered suit of armor, surrounded by a large puddle of yellowish and greenish liquids. A large number of enormous worm-like beings were piled up by the dozens on top of each other.

Feeling numb, William tried to move his hand, but it felt like it weighed a ton, slowly opening his eyes, William wondered.

"What happened? My head hurts, it feels like someone is drilling a drill into my forehead."

As he struggled to move his limbs, he felt a hot tingling beneath his left knee. He tried to touch it with his hand, but only heard a clash of metal against metal. Gathering all the energy he could, gritting his teeth, he tried to get up, but felt as if a great weight was pressing him to the ground.

He used the little light he had and was surprised by what he saw, he was wearing a kind of futuristic battle armor, similar to those in some games he knew, illuminating what he could with his small light he saw a whole carnage in front of him. a him.

Huge scorched and mangled worms full of holes that let blood and intestines flow all over the ground.

William took a deep breath and couldn't understand why he was in that place. Just a moment ago he still remembered lying in his bed and the next moment he appeared here, and what's even worse, his leg was apparently hurt.

He stood up and tried to call for help, but he could only hear the echo of his voice that was lost in the distance. Just then he heard some sort of humming sound from the armor and then a robotic voice spoke.

“Examining the battle armor… energy distribution failure, moderate damage to the left lower extremity, Multiple minor damage to the torso and limbs… armor integrity 64%.”

Frightened, William wondered what that was, after a moment of silence. As if that voice was a trigger, an enormous amount of information entered his head.

Feeling dizzy and with a severe headache, he saw countless images of fragmented memories, of memories converging and reorganizing, flashing past like a movie.

The original owner of this body was also named William Bread; He was 27 years old, he was a soldier; rank of corporal, commander of an exploration team.

Mission Objective: Investigate the underground wells in the T-106 area and examine the types of minerals found.

Mission location: The area of ​​planet α-106 on the third planet of the Crom star system.

"T-106? Crom star system?" William was paralyzed for a moment, his thoughts changed slightly, and he focused on the date, March 22, 4243.

"March 22, 4243? Over 2000 whole years!"

This was the Era of the Great Galaxy. Humanity expands across the stars and beyond the galaxy.

It all began when humanity was able to produce antimatter in large quantities, humanity came together and uniting all the technology it had, ships large and powerful enough to travel for hundreds of years were created, all with the goal of expanding humanity. . through the cosmos. , it was thanks to this desire that humanity found what would be the greatest blessing and at the same time the greatest curse for it.

A new source of energy was discovered, this was found in a ship of a species more technologically advanced than humanity, humans extracted all the technology they could and continued to improve their ships.

But what unleashed the real frenzy was what was found with the ship, the ship used a hitherto unknown source of energy, this energy allowed it to immensely exceed the speed of light by bending and folding space-time itself, it was also very Versatile and could be used in different ways, it was a very rare energy and was what unleashed one of humanity's bloodiest and longest-lasting conflicts, but it was also what fueled its desire to explore and expand even further.

Although the third planet looked very arid and desolate on the surface due to the intense heat and strong winds that devastated the surface, it was very different when one went beneath its surface, a large number of caves and tunnels filled the planet, immense rivers of water. It moves beneath the surface, creating a favorable place for the proliferation of flora and fauna on this hostile planet.

An example of this are these insects, each one armed with fangs and armor. Once you let them get close, their fangs will tear your body like paper. Fortunately though their exoskeletons are not invulnerable to bullets.

After confirming that there was no danger around, he gritted his teeth and took out a small syringe from the first aid kit he brought in his supply box, with difficulty following his memories he applied it to his leg through an opening in his armor. . After a moment the wound stopped bleeding and the pain dissipated a little.

Taking a deep breath, he leaned his body back and leaned sideways on a rock, trying to stand up. But he only managed to fall on a worm.

Suddenly, a silent voice rang in his mind:

"An unknown DNA sequence was detected near the host..."

"Analyzing the sequence...".

“Analysis completed…”

"Reorganize the genetic structure, genetic level 5...".

"Structure unlocked, Zerg spawning pool..."

“Unknown technology detected near the host…”

“Analyzing technology…”

"Complete analisis...".

“Optimize technological structure, technological level 5…”.

"Unlocked building, Terran barracks...."

"Resource collection is complete."

William was dumbfounded again, and the next second a layer of electric screen appeared in his sight. The screen looked quite familiar to him, it was divided into three parts, on the left side was a Terran command center, in the center a Zerg hatchery and on the right a Protos nexus.

In the upper right corner were several counters.

Biological essence: 192

Minerals: 150

Vespene gas: 150

Ground Supplies: 0/50

Zerg supplies: 0 / 10

Protos Supplies: 0 / 50

5