CHAPTER 2: My first unit
150 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

William was very surprised.

"Isn't this Starcraft?"

William was confused for a moment, but after a few seconds he felt ecstatic because that must be his golden finger.

After calming down he began to investigate how this system worked, feeling a little confused with the resource part because he understood vespene gas and the mineral, although a little different from the game because he was also given vespene gas at the beginning. He understood what those resources were about, but I didn't understand what the biological essence indicator showed.

After a little contemplation he decided to leave it for later, but as if sensing the confusion he was feeling at that moment the voice sounded in his head again.

"Full link with host, online assistant."

After finishing that sentence, a human silhouette that seemed to be made of light appeared on the screen and introduced itself.

“Hello, it's a pleasure to meet you, my name is April and from now on I will be your personal assistant, I will teach you everything you want to know about the system.”

After thinking about it a little and as if to test his new assistant, he decided to ask what that part of resources meant.

W: "What does the biological essence counter mean?"

A: “It's good that you asked, as you already know, minerals and vespene gas work as a fundamental part of creating troops and buildings, and the new counter called biological essence is exactly what its name indicates, you can collect the essence of life . that is lost near you or your troops and then redistribute it into the resource you need, whether it is ore or vespene gas.”

W: "So what you're telling me is that I can collect materials like I normally would or I can collect resources from the lost lives around me."

Looking ahead he understood where the biological essence came from, but there didn't seem to be enough creatures to justify everything he had, so he asked his assistant.

W: “I understand how it works, but I don't see where I got so much biological essence from.”

A: “The amount of biological essence that is collected depends largely on the size and complexity of the species of life from which it is collected.”

W: “So the larger and more complex a life form is, the more biological essence I can collect?”

A: “Exactly these factors and the number of individuals are what determine the amount of biological essence that is collected.”

W: "So, since I have to distribute it, wouldn't it be easier to merge all the resources into just this one?"

A: “Although you might think that the system could work perfectly with just collected biological essence, as you unlock new troops and buildings you will realize that the biological essence you collect may not be enough to upgrade your troops and expand them. , that is why the host is recommended to extract the resources as it should normally be done.

W: “I understand that I have to collect resources because that's what the game was about, but I don't think that type of mineral or vespene gas exists, so how do I get them?”

A: “In response to the host's concerns, you do not need to collect exactly those resources, you only need to collect fuels and minerals that are in your environment, the system will be in charge of transforming these resources into the necessary minerals and vespene. gas."

W: “So I can use any type of fuel or mineral to replace the ones in the game? “I don’t know, but I think this sounds too good to be true.”

A: “According to the host's concerns, depending on the quality of the resources that are collected, the system will perform a conversion in

which it will refine the resources obtained and convert them into the necessary ones, the better quality the collected resource has. you will get the conversion. higher, but if the resource is of poor quality the conversion will be minimal or it may be rejected by the system.”

After a few more questions about how the system worked, William understood how their system worked: he could obtain resources as usual or he could simply kill to obtain resources.

In the midst of his contemplation he realized that before thinking about anything else, he must first fix the situation he found himself in.

The last thing William remembered was that he was in the middle of exploring with his companions, when they were ambushed by enormous creatures that looked like a mix between a centipede and a worm. In the middle of the ambush, one of the creatures grabbed him by the leg and took him through one of the many tunnels that there were and dropped him into a kind of deep cave that he deduced must be their nest.

Perhaps thinking that he must be dead or incapacitated, he left him lying there, still disoriented and numb from all the movement and apparently some kind of poison, he was faced with another problem, in front of him he saw several worms, compared to the others. The creatures were small, but still over a meter long, and he concluded that they must have been descendants of the centipede worm.

After that, only small fragments of him defending himself from those worms remained in his memories.

William realized that he had to leave that place because he was not sure he could defend himself against the mother.

In the midst of that thought he realized that he could use his system and summon units to help him, after some contemplation he decided to first summon a SCV so that he could repair his own armor.

With Abril's help he was able to train his first unit and summon it in front of him, but the time it took to produce an SCV was longer than he expected, taking a minute three times longer than it took in the game.

Getting up with the help of the VCE, he asked him to repair the leg of the armor first and then the rest, the VCE followed his instructions and in a few seconds his armor was completely repaired.

4