CHAPTER 3: Cave 1
128 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Despite how clumsy the VCE was when repairing his armor because it was very large, he still did an excellent job and left his armor like new.

After repairing his armor, William returned the VCE unit to the system space.

His next concern was which unit to train next, since the system only gave him the main structures and if he wanted to train combat troops he had to build their respective structures, and although he wanted Zerg units, the main concern in this was the cost of construction, because I didn't have many supplies.

After talking a little with April, he decided to continue with the Terrans since he already had an VCE and that reduced the necessary costs a little.

What he did not expect in addition to the waiting time for construction was the supplies necessary for the construction of the barracks, since he also needed Vespene gas. He asked Abril why that and she explained that it was an adaptation that worked like the energy he uses. the structure, after a few more questions he decided to continue with what was planned.

After spending 150 minerals and 50 vespene gas on the construction of the barracks, he tried to leave the place where he was and look for his teammates, because with the resources he had left he would not be able to build more than one soldier and with the danger of this place that would not be enough to survive without more help.

As the construction would take almost ten minutes, he decided to leave this hole first and although his visibility was limited, since he only found a flashlight among his provisions, it was enough to guide him without problems, climbing with difficulty until he left the place. he found himself on the wall of a kind of huge cave that was almost 5 meters high, so instead of jumping he called the VCE to help him get down.

After the construction of the structure was finally completed, he quickly trained his first marine, but had to wait another four minutes until it was ready.

The first thing he noticed after summoning him to his side was that the marine was taller and more robust than he thought, even though he was over 2 m tall with his armor, even so, the marine towered over him by almost 20 cm, At that moment he understood that the size perspectives he saw in the system could differ greatly when compared to reality, since in the system space it seemed that the VCE and marine were almost the same size, but in reality the VCE averaged almost twice as much as the marine.

Seeing the VCE and what he learned from the marines, William thought that perhaps this situation was not as dangerous as he thought.

After thinking about it a little, he decided to go investigate the place, although he feared that his companions would leave him in that place, he understood that withdrawing for losing a simple team commander would be a death sentence, because for the superiors it was more important to know what resources they could extract from this planet than the lives of simple soldiers, and they could also easily join some other team.

William knows that perhaps his companions will look for them for a few minutes, but if they don't find him they will simply continue with their mission.

William had only two options: go deeper into the endless labyrinth of caves hoping not to get lost and find his companions, or try to find a way out and reach the camp they had outside.

Both options were equally dangerous, since I had no idea where I was and the worst of all was that, due to the composition of the earth that is high in metals, the signal from the radios they brought barely reached a few hundred meters through the pairs. , counting the time that he was dragged and that he had no signal from anyone on the radio, he was sure that he was much further away than that.

At that moment he remembered that his armor had a tool that drew a kind of 3D map of the places where he passed, at that moment

William made the armor show him where he was.

After seeing where he was, William realized that meeting his companions or reaching the exit would be more difficult than he thought.

William noticed that he was dragged further than he thought, looking at the map he had a clear idea of ​​where he was captured, because even though his team was moving erratically due to the size and shape of the caves, he still managed to notice what was happening. was. the path he traveled with his team.

From a point a little more than 15 km from the entrance the movements on his map became erratic, it was seen that at one point he rose in what he assumed was one of the many caves in the wall of the place where he was, then his map I record falls and resounding climbs of more than 100 meters and a large number of curves.

William realized that it would be very difficult to return the way he came, the worst of all was that very little was known about the species that lived in this place and he did not know if he could replenish its resources if they ran out.

After speaking to the marine to ask his opinion on this situation, he realized that the units were behaving like some kind of pre-programmed machines, so he decided it was better to ask April.

After a little talk with April, he decided to first get resources in order to get Zerg units, since these, due to the terrain and their quantity, would be the best scouts.

With everything decided, he set out to hunt the creatures in this place, due to its size he returned the VCE to the system space, then taking a different path than the one he arrived on, he entered with the marine into one of the largest tunnels he saw. After walking for a few minutes he found his first prey, a type of large cockroach similar to a drone, but smaller and without such prominent jaws.

To test the firepower it had, he let the marine be the one to shoot the creature, after a round of shots the vicho was completely destroyed, and the sound he most expected was heard.

“Resource collection completed, plus two of biological essence.”

5