CHAPTER 4: Cave 2
128 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While continuing to explore the cave he found a small stream, he followed the stream to find a meeting place for the animals.

After about fifteen minutes he could see a light shining at the end of the tunnel. At first he thought it might be his companions or another exploration group, but the light seemed too dim to be flashlights.

But to make sure, he first sent the marine to see and inform him where the light was coming from.

After a minute the marine returned and informed him that the light came from some kind of giant bioluminescent mushrooms that illuminated a huge cavern.

William was excited because he was sure that this place would be some kind of gathering place for the animals that lived nearby.

Without thinking much he walked towards the cave, but even after informing him the marine was surprised by what he saw, enormous mushrooms almost ten meters high were proliferating in the place, the floor and walls are full of them.

Even more excited he went inside with the marine, the most noticeable thing he saw besides the mushrooms was a large number of small insects that crawled and gnawed on the mushrooms, but to his disappointment these insects did not produce biological essence.

Going deeper into the middle of the mushroom forest he finally found what he was looking for, a small lake sat in a corner of the cave and different types of animals he didn't know drank on its banks.

In order to maximize the amount of essence collected without expending much energy, he decided to separate from the marine and position himself at different ends of the lake.

After positioning himself in a satisfactory place, he gave the signal to fire, burst after burst of bullets assaulted the creatures who quickly fled in terror, trying to be as efficient as possible, concentrating on the places of greatest concentration.

After all the massacre he realized that he only had a few rounds of bullets left, but even so he was very happy because several hundred creatures were killed by the bullets, after a few seconds of long waiting he finally heard the voice he had been waiting for so much. .

“Resource collection completed, plus three hundred and sixty-two biological essence.”

He was happy, but when he approached the place of the massacre he was assaulted by the smell of burnt flesh, the blood and intestines of the animals that flooded the place made his stomach turn and he wanted to vomit, but after breathing and calming down he understood that, if I wanted to survive in this era this would be my daily bread.

Quickly returning to what was most important at that moment, he told April to train a drone and then mutate it into a spawning pool, unlike the Terran build the spawning pool cost the same amount of resources as in the game.

After the construction of the spawning pool he saw how many resources he had to continue.

Biological essence: 206

Minerals: 0

Vespene gas: 100

Terran supplies: 2 / 50

Zerg supplies: 0 / 10

Protos Supplies: 0 / 50

After seeing the resources he had left, he decided to train one more marine, and with the rest he set out to train zerglings.

After a four minute wait another marine and two zerglings were created, the zerglings looked more intimidating than in the game and were bigger than I thought.

When all the zerglings were ready I sent them to explore in pairs, after a few minutes of waiting the first group returned and although I don't know how I understood the message they were giving.

The group found a group of what appeared to be mutated Komodo dragons, I wanted to test the effectiveness of the zerglings, but there were too many in the group, so I decided to eliminate most of them and leave a few for the zerglings.

Located 50m away, the two marines opened fire, but I think I still underestimated the power of the rifles, in a few seconds there were only three of more than twenty left in the group.

Those who were still alive tried to escape, but the zerglings were faster, they quickly crossed the distance and pounced on the creatures, the creatures defended themselves with all their might, but they were no challenge to the zerglings.

The zerglings quickly tore the creatures to pieces, a second after the last fell the system message arrived.

“Resource collection completed, plus forty-eight biological essence.”

With the new resources, train more zerglings and have them explore.

While I waited I sat on a rock and ate some of the rations I had, the rations were simple flavorless energy bars that contained the calories you needed.

After several minutes without the zerglings returning I was a little worried about something happening to them, but after consulting with

April she told me that if I concentrated I could connect with the units and I could even see and hear through them, I could also sense their positions and give them orders.

After making sure everyone was okay I ordered everyone to gather where I was, seeing that they found no other creatures in the cave I realized that the noise of the gunshots must have scared away most of the animals in the cave.

After thinking about it a little I decided to go look for my companions, since I was running out of rations.

I chose to go back the way I came and try to go the way I was dragged, first I sent the zerglings in front so they could alert us of any creatures that were near the path and I would go with the marines in the back.

4