CHAPTER 5
92 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After 3 hours walking, I finally reached the place where I separated from my companions.

The intricate paths were a great challenge, some paths rose over tens of meters on small cliffs, formed by the erosion of water on the rocks.

Despite this, I couldn't find many signs of life along the way, the only thing I found was what I assumed was the creature that dragged me to this place.

I found it at the entrance of the nest in which I woke up, after seeing me it attacked savagely, but thanks to the firepower of the marines and the help of the zerglings, stopping the creature we were able to take it down, but even so I underestimated the power of a Annoyed father, the creature managed to take down two zerglings before being killed.

After the death of the two zerglings, April informed me that she could recycle the bodies of the summoned units, the amount of resources she could receive from each unit depended on how much of the unit was recycled, but the most she could recycle was ten. percent of what a unit cost, at that moment I received the system message.

“DNA sequence was detected near the host…”

“Analyzing the sequence…”

"Complete analisis…".

"Reorganize the genetic structure, genetic level 5...".

“Genetic improvement unlocks…”

"Structure unlocked, Zerg cockroach burrow...".

“Structure unlocked, Zerg Hydralisk Lair.”

I was hoping to unlock the upgrade, but I wasn't expecting new structures to be unlocked.

But despite being happy to unlock new structures and consequently new units, I did not have the necessary resources to build them, at this moment I only had 8 biological essence and 5 minerals that I obtained by recycling the two dead zerglings.

Hoping to get more resources in the future, I continued on my way.

After arriving at where I separated from my team, I realized that despite the time it took to get there I did not travel much, I only traveled a few kilometers, but the complexity of the terrain made it very difficult to move.

Along the way I tried to look for veins to collect minerals, but I couldn't find a vein large enough to collect minerals.

In the place I found the bodies of some of the creatures that attacked us and three soldiers from the group, I approached to see if I could collect resources, but the system did not react.

I was a little disappointed, but it was something I expected.

Seeing the state of the dead soldiers' armor, I was glad that the mutated centipede considered me dead.

I set out to follow the signs they placed along the way, the signs consisted of small devices the size of a small coin that broadcast a radio signal at constant intervals.

He sent all the units back to the system space, since the soldiers must have already scared away or exterminated all the animals near the road.

Along the way I noticed that the deeper I went, the more signs of fighting I found.

After a couple of hours walking I met the exploration group, I found them in a medium-sized cave where they set up camp, at first I noticed the surprise in the others, but no one cared that I was alive, except my team .

The group sent to explore this area consisted of ten teams, six for defense, three for gathering, and one for supply.

My team was one of collecting samples, whether of animals, minerals or plants.

When I met my team again, they were very surprised, because they all thought I died.

I chatted a little with my colleagues and caught up on what happened when I was away.

Everyone asked me how I survived after being dragged by that creature, I told them how the creature left me in its nest, how I managed to get out of that place, the mushroom cave and back, but I didn't mention anything about the system or of the units.

After catching up with my subordinates, I prepared to talk to the commanders of the other teams.

I headed to the only tent in the place, the tent looked more like a refugee tent than a military tent, but I understood it was more important to carry weapons and supplies than a tent.

As there was no one guarding the tent directly, everyone inside stared at me and others even got up from their seats to reprimand me for entering the place, but upon recognizing me I could see the surprise on their faces.

One with whom I was more familiar approached me and after verifying that it was me he began to ask me question after question, but the other team commanders calmed him down.

After he calmed down, the one who could be considered the commander of the entire operation spoke.

“I thought you had died in that ambush, I don't know how you survived nor do I care, but you should write and present a report about it.”

After I spoke everyone remained silent, I ordered a chair to be brought for me to sit on and then they continued with the meeting.

First he gave me a summary of what was being talked about, the topics that were discussed were first of all the supplies that were left, how many soldiers were left, and most importantly what route to take to continue.

The first two points were already addressed, at this time it was discussed how to continue with the exploration.

Those from the main command center only gave us a month to achieve satisfactory results, but the time it took us to reach this area was very long, it took us eight days to get here and if we count the time it took us to return, the simple It would take us more than half a month to move, but according to the calculations they gave us, the travel time should only last a maximum of ten days.

This represented a big problem, because according to calculations, exploring all the tunnels and caves in this area would take us about twenty days.

But in addition to delaying us with transportation, the complexity of the terrain means that it takes longer to move through the tunnels.

2