CHAPTER 6:
226 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After an hour discussing the direction the exploration should take, it was decided that the exploration party should split into three groups to cover more space.

Each group would cost two defense teams and one gathering team, it was also decided that the supply team would be separated, the supply team commander would decide how to split his team.

It was decided that the team would rest for six hours and then continue exploring, each team had five days to explore, then they would return to this camp to replenish supplies and report their discoveries.

Days on this planet last about 20 hours, because time in space is very confusing because each planet would have its own schedule. At the beginning of humanity's expansion through the stars, it was decided to create a time system that did not depend on the planets.

Everyone who was part of the imperial army must have mastered this time system, since all spaceships used this system, and when entering a new planet they could not expect to know the system that would exist on it.

The new time system was similar to that of Earth, but also had important differences, a year had three hundred days or ten months, a month had three weeks, a week had ten days, a day had thirty hours, an hour had sixty minutes. and one minute sixty seconds.

This system allowed different ships that traveled for a long time in space to quickly adapt to different planets without having to worry about differences in the passage of time.

After the pause, the exploration continued, the new groups entered the depths of the extensive tunnels.

The field was at the mercy of a heavily armed artificial intelligence, which had to protect all the samples obtained so far and the remaining supplies.

While we were not entering the depths I noticed that the number of mineral veins continued to increase.

In the cumin there were no shortage of confrontations with the animals that inhabited the caves, since part of the collection group had to be present when samples of the internal organs, bones and different parts of unknown creatures were extracted.

Along the way, although it was not me who killed the animals, the system continued to collect biological essence.

Along the way I continued collecting the biological essence of the animals we killed, but I didn't use them because I wanted to collect enough resources to create the new unlocked structures.

After five hours of progress we said to take a short break, I began to talk with the other team commanders and try to obtain more information on different trivial topics, because even though I obtained all the memories of the former owner of this body, the memories

They felt scattered and fragmented, and unless I actively sought out certain information I had no way of knowing certain things.

Maybe for now I had no problems because I spoke many complicated things with no one, but if I had to talk face to face with a superior, my lack of knowledge on certain topics would create suspicion of me.

With the advances in technology that existed today, it would not be difficult to disguise yourself as someone else, but having surgeries and cosmetic changes to look like someone else was strictly prohibited.

The prohibition was because there was a time when spies from Other forces could disguise themselves as someone else and infiltrate empire facilities.

So if I couldn't respond quickly to common topics or information I was supposed to know, I could get into a lot of trouble and even be accused of identity theft.

As if it were a common talk, he asked things that everyone would know or guided the talk with points he wanted to know.

After talking for a while we separated and each one went to his own team, those from my team continued to get familiar with the people from the supply team, since they were entrusted to my team.

After the break the group continued entering the depths, leaving devices that marked the places of interest.

Although I expected more dangerous creatures the further we went, the truth was very different.

The most dangerous creature we found so far were those mutated centipedes.

We continued advancing for a few more hours, but even so the explored terrain did not increase much, the group was tempted to separate to increase the exploration space, but the memory of the creatures and their ability to kill diminished those thoughts.

After what seemed like an eternity we arrived at an immense cave, very similar to the one I found near the place where I woke up, the mushrooms were even larger in this place and we were able to find another giant creature.

We saw a huge animal that looked like a huge bear with a long tail and huge claws, at first glance the animal was more than five meters tall, although compared to the huge centipede it did not seem that big, it was much more imposing than all the other creatures. what we saw in this place.

I could see that there were eight of those creatures, the bears were calmly lying at the base of some mushrooms.

Several soldiers wanted to start firing their weapons, but what stopped us from attacking the creatures was not their number or their size, but rather it was the gathering of various creatures that seemed to obey them.

Different animals moved in an orderly manner next to those creatures. I noticed that the small animals, although they seemed different, shared some characteristics. Some looked like small monkeys, chimpanzees, cats, dogs and some others that are difficult for me to describe, but they all had hair.

I could see that the small animals collected small bulbs the size of oranges, these grew on the trunks of some mushrooms and then deposited them in a hole near the bears.

But the strangest thing I noticed was the heads of several mutated centipedes placed on small rocks that surrounded the bears.

We first decided to create a plan to attack the creatures, since the indication of organization suggested that if we attacked carelessly, problems and casualties could occur if the creatures counterattacked, since they outnumbered us and being under the command of other animals, there were more possibilities. that they attacked instead of escaping.

2